57 coaches online • Server time: 15:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shall Fumbbl merge Box into Ranked?
No, Ranked and Box stays own divisions with own Tournaments
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
No, Ranked and Box stay own divisions but all teams can take part in all Tournaments (like FC)
46%
 46%  [ 48 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox and make suggested Rankingchange
18%
 18%  [ 19 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 103

Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I would like to know what do you perfer merge box into Ranked or not. So i started that poll.

My suggestion is to merge Blackbox into ranked.

So you can do following with your Team.

Schedule angainst anyone you like (classic)
    Put your Team into the Blackbox
    Apply for Tournaments

The Ranking format will change:
    CR will results out of all Ranked games (Scheduled, Box, Tourney)
    New Individual Teamranking (like CR for Teams) (Box Games and Tournament Games)
Pmg

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it could work. That way Elves would not use (B) so they could elfbowl at will and (B) could change their name to (AV9), and we could have monster teams ready for the majors. Juicy.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

B and R will never merge. Besides Christer said that it won't happen, you destroy both divisions.
clarkin

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

IF you move B teams into R and allow all teams to enter themselves into the matchmaker system i'd like to see teams that have ONLY played matchmaker games (and tourney games) to have something showing this on their team bio. That way you can see teams that are essentially like B teams now.
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I dont see why they couldnt merge... More ppl looking for a game in same division = more games.. Not that much looking anymore. And lets face it both of the divisions have their die hard fans that really wont give up their division.
RC

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I like it. I am sitting looking for a nice and easy win online, find out that there is nothing juicy happening and apply the team into the scheduler and the luck of the draw Smile Sounds like win, win.
And and when I only have 11 players at tv 1700 with loner ect I can find some other equally damaged team and do a recovery without having to face another tv1700 with 16 players and 4 dp Smile

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:
B and R will never merge. Besides Christer said that it won't happen, you destroy both divisions.

How would this destroy ranked? I get the argument that Blackbox would be hurt, although I disagree with it, especially as it's possible to give incentives for people to have pure box teams. But how is this hurtful to ranked?
Jester_Spirit

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:36 Reply with quote Back to top

RandomOracle wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

How would this destroy ranked? I get the argument that Blackbox would be hurt, although I disagree with it, especially as it's possible to give incentives for people to have pure box teams. But how is this hurtful to ranked?

Ranked would pretty much get the recovery end of a merged division.
As already stated:"I use the scheduler until my team needs recovery."
spubbbba

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Jester_Spirit wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

How about have tournaments open to only the teams that play exclusively in the scheduler?

Or some other incentive that makes playing there mean something. I think [B] needs the carrot of prestige rather than the stick of "oh you're a picker if you play in [R]".

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ugh...

this again?

--j

ImageImage
Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Woodstock wrote:

I know Chister plan not to change the divisions, but i think that is a big fault. Now is they chance to do any chance to the divisions. If there is a chance that will Christer will change his mind, even it is very low, it is worth discussing that topic.

You need a big pool for tournaments and you need a big pool for Blackbox. And the number of games and aktiv teams getting much less in the last years (15000 ranked games per month -> 3000). If you merge Box into Ranked it defenitly wont effect Ranked its just a additional feature how to find games.
For Blackbox you first think about it could be unfair, if a team played pure blackbox games scheduled against a team cherrypicked games in Ranked, but i am sure it will not be unfair, rules of CRP will do the job there.

I think everyone agrees, it is very important to find games easy, so give the coaches they chance to shedule their games theirself with Gamefinder, Blackbox and Tournaments.

Let me give an example:
Last Royal Rookie Rumble i started was in August i did not get 16 since the last RRR. There was a time i started a RRR every week. Of cause i know many coaches waiting for FFB and stop playing Ranked and Blackbox. But even without i guess it is much harder to get applications for RRR, when FFB goes active. Only a pool of new created teams can access RRR and if it is only the Ranked pool it will be still take long until a RRR will start. A merge will increase the pool and increase applications.

Last edited by Flix on %b %15, %2010 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Jester_Spirit

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
Jester_Spirit wrote:
RandomOracle wrote:
Woodstock wrote:

How about have tournaments open to only the teams that play exclusively in the scheduler?

Or some other incentive that makes playing there mean something. I think [B] needs the carrot of prestige rather than the stick of "oh you're a picker if you play in [R]".

How about adding an optional B-like "matchmaker" to R? It's been a while since I played R so I don't know if there are still suggested matchups on gamefinder... you could hand out prestige for playing suggested opponents.
To me B is more than just prestige. I always get games against teams that were built in the same environment, which won't be given in a merged division, too.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

there are actually plenty of opportunities for people to find games.....

they only use 1 or 2 aspects(gamefinder/blackbox)....

there's only about 50 applicants to smack tournaments, which kick off weekly....if people are so hard up for games, why not start taking taking advantage of the tournament system, instead of only relying on gamefinder to find a match?

--j

ImageImage
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
there are actually plenty of opportunities for people to find games.....

they only use 1 or 2 aspects(gamefinder/blackbox)....

there's only about 50 applicants to smack tournaments, which kick off weekly....if people are so hard up for games, why not start taking taking advantage of the tournament system, instead of only relying on gamefinder to find a match?

--j

That way I will get most of the tournament games to BB prime time just few extra games to the off peek time.. That doesnt really help the problem that there is no-one around.. allthought neither does the merge... But if we can give those that come to test FFB enviroment that is working (imho the idea here is that) they will stick for longer time, mayby the number of games will rise again..
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 15, 2010 - 19:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it had been at least a week since the last 'merge' topic i suppose ...
 Jump to: