25 coaches online • Server time: 08:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
GeneralMarkov

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 21:49 Reply with quote Back to top

A few days ago, I played a DE team with my pros, and got my STR 4 catcher killed. I was a bit angry and tried my best to kill one of my opponent players. I didn't manage to, so on turn 8 I took a foul on one of his lineman, only stunning him. The coach I was playing called me a dirty player, telling me doing that would get me reported, etc..... At first I thought he was overreacting, but I did see his point, fouling in the 8th turn just screw the other team and doesn't help you to win the game. And than I played this game: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=3275283. You can only watch the second half in fast forward. I got completely destroyed. Should I report this? Is this unfair or is it just a bashy team doing what they're good at? I'm having trouble drawing the line between nasty play and just unfair destruction. Any comments would be appreciated.
easilyamused

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

If someone reported you for fouling the admins would completely ignore it unless you spent all game ignoring the ball and not trying to win.

And no you should not report it if your team got bashed, it happens, move along and at some point you will be on the other side of the dice and doing the bashing.

None of what you are describing imo comes under the banner of good sportsmanship, but neither is it illegal - you certainly can't be reported for maiming the other team.
Woodstock

Every thing is allowed as long as it within the game rules.

Foul 16 turns if you wish
Surf 16 turns if you wish
PO 16 turns if you wish.
GeneralMarkov

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

thanks for the quick answer, that's what I thought just wanted to be sure
ex-convict

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Everything allowed in the rules is fair game, but some actions also deal with 'bloodbowl ethics'. Some people would say that there are no ethics involved, and that you simply live by the rules. But personally I don't generally t16 foul or try to destroy a team if the game is decided.

So basically what Malmir said.

Don't drop the soap.
jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

i turn 16 fouled today. it was on the elf catcher who -3db triple pow'd my ogre earlier in the game. i didnt feel bad about it Smile

zakatan

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:32 Reply with quote Back to top

if you have some hours to spend, use the forums search function for T-16 fouling and similar topics. You'll see that topic has been discussed to boredom in multiple occasions and there won't be any agreement. I'm not a heavy fouler but i've t-16'd a few times... Sometimes there's a good reason.

Last time i did it was because my opo suggested that a wardancer on the floor had to be fouled no matter what. My only player in range was a mummy, and it resulted on SI Razz

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Lol, this sounds like a april fools joke.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

T16 fouling for undead is just good recruitment skills!
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 22:57 Reply with quote Back to top

kill all mens

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 23:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
...the Dark Elves are a race of harsh, warlike and vicious elves... They are cruel, sadistic raiders with much disdain for all other races, especially their lighter kindred, the High Elves. After a bitter civil war, the Dark Elves were driven from their homeland and settled in Naggaroth. Many believe they are the most pure evil of all races in the Warhammer World.

And when High and Dark elves square off on a BloodBowl pitch, they expect good sportsmanship and fair play from one another. Fouling is clearly cheating and frowned upon - especially when there is no in-game advantage to be gained.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 23:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't T16 foul in ranked cos it makes it harder to get a game if ppl know you want to kill all their mens.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i rarely foul on turn 16. my opponent must have been a jerk the whole game in order for me to do that. maybe in a league game.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2012 - 23:45 Reply with quote Back to top

What is fairplay?

This is a question we can only understand if we first define the terms "fair" and "play".

A fair is a kind of show. Usually one involving the performance of horses' talents.

A play is also a kind of show. Usually one involving the demonstration of mimickry by great apes.

Thus, we can only assume that "fairplay" is some kind of system whereby monkeys imitate the antics of horses. Or vice versa.

The question we are left with: where does all this leave the wolves?

Not to mention the penguins!

Jump to: