58 coaches online • Server time: 22:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to run a Cheaters team in Ranked with any success? I tried to look some older topics, but couldn't find any. So if anyone have had a long-term Cheaters, please share your opinions. I tried it once before in Ranked, but as I'm not a cherry-picker, it ran out of players real soon.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

No that isn't possible as cheaters aren't a LRB team so they can't be played in ranked.
Istarios

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheaters can't play in the Ranked division
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh... They can't. Funny, cos I have an almost sure thought that I played with them in ranked. Maybe it was in Stunty then... *scratches his head and goes bonehead*

Well, then we just change Ranked to Unranked, so we have a live topic again Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2006 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

same tactics go for cheaters, as they do for any stunty team in a non-stunty environment....

foul a lot....(no i'm not dredging up the "to foul or not to foul" argument....i don't care what anyone says, it's a viable tactic, especially when you're obviously outmatched)

use the kickers to their full potential....

also, if you receive the opening kick off....stall, and whittle down their line as much as possible.....being able to put a few of the opponent's players in the injury box for the second half will make your team much easier to survive....also chances are good that your saws are getting ejected second half, so make use of them while you can...

additionally, if you have enough players...only field 1 saw at a time....try to keep one off the field for the second half....

you've gotta really up your game a little bit to be successful with a stunty team, and pay attention to your movements...use your advantages to their full potential, and try to minimize your disadvantages...basic principles Smile

--j

ImageImage
incantrix

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 00:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Also don't start your team with nothing but secret weapons because if you do you're sure to get a lot of them sent off after the first TD. Pogo Sticks are invaluable for speed (and once in a while for leaping if you're desperate), chainsaws are your main offence and kickers have their obvious purpose. Bombs are a bit of a liability without loads of rerolls as are fanatics, I'd save them until your team is up and running because you'll more than likely cause turnovers / your own death with those. You'll still be at a huge disadvantage but if you manage to cause enough mayhem in the first few turns you might manage the odd win.
HouseT

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, heck... I can't say it any better than shadow did. Smile

The only thing I'll add is that while other teams may foul a lot, the Cheaters are the only ones I honestly expect to do so every turn (and they should, since they're cheaters Razz). As such, the threat of an impending big hit/foul can be enough to change a player's next set of actions. Seeing four goblins and a chainsaw surrounding your stunned big guy... not a good feeling. Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheating is not allowed here! No Chaters on Fumbbl!

Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow made some good points so let me stick with what he missed:

The start of a cheater team is the most important part. ALWAYS take 5 rrs. You can never count on getting them at 120k a pop unless you are good at forcing concessions. You will still have the funding available to get two saws and two bombers.

Never take more then 1 fanatic. They drain rrs early and die easily, not to mention the dreaded TO. I use them on offense while my two bombers were strictly for defense.

Don't hesitate to foul with the saw.... even when you have a kicker and the eye on you. A chainsaw is likely to get booted at kickoff anyway so it really does not hurt (you that is).

Take pass before accurate on the bombers. Having a rr on the fumble roll is much more important then getting the bomb EXACTLY where you need it. Also, don't rr a misthrown bomb as a fumble IS a TO.

I usually do not throw bombs at players. I prefer to throw the bomb to an empty square next to them. No chance for them to throw it back Twisted Evil

Most people with cheaters tend to target opposing BGs. I advise to concentrate on the opposing scorers. These are the people that will cause most of your guys to hit the showers. I remember a game against Shadow where i TTM first turn to score and he lost half his team. That is the same thing as causing four cas in one turn (this is not including the frontline damage i caused to his regular gobbos!).

A weapon tossed out of the game is a player who can't be killed. Remember that when you use your apoth.

Chainsaws require no skills.... side step is nice but really they need nothing. Bombers are different. Score with them as soon as possible.

Don't expect your team to ever get above tr 200. It just does not happen with Cheaters.
Crying or Very sad

Happy Hunting,
__Synn
**Frogs are coming back!
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

as far as saws with no skills...sure feet...period....there's no bigger kick in the nuts than gfi'ing that one last step to foul or blitz someone...and falling on the GFI and injuring your saw...

if he makes it to 16 SPPs.....sprint...

extra movement is a godsend

--j

ImageImage
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2006 - 02:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I think you can't. I struggle to win in stunty with them and if I'd play them in U, I would hit your non cheating players. The others get quickly thrown out.

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 17:43 Reply with quote Back to top

What about skills for Fanatics? They don't apparently get any they can use unless they roll doubles for Blockle and MB?

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 18:21 Reply with quote Back to top

fanatics are way too unreliable imo...i've won lots of games against cheaters because my opponent's fanatics crapped out at the wrong time, leaving his team hosed....especially with fanatics and bombers being on the same team, you're gonna burnt hrough rerolls like they're going out of style....if you really want to use a fanatic, imo, freeboot them...

if you're really going to use them though. there's not really any skills that apply, unless you roll doubles, and then the choices are obvious....

--j

ImageImage
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

HunterX wrote:
What about skills for Fanatics? They don't apparently get any they can use unless they roll doubles for Blockle and MB?

I would never give tackle on a fanatic, since sometimes he would need to push his little fellow teammates.

Dooby

Post   Posted: Feb 06, 2006 - 20:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Synn wrote:
Shadow made some good points so let me stick with what he missed:

The start of a cheater team is the most important part. ALWAYS take 5 rrs. You can never count on getting them at 120k a pop unless you are good at forcing concessions. You will still have the funding available to get two saws and two bombers.

Never take more then 1 fanatic. They drain rrs early and die easily, not to mention the dreaded TO. I use them on offense while my two bombers were strictly for defense.

Don't hesitate to foul with the saw.... even when you have a kicker and the eye on you. A chainsaw is likely to get booted at kickoff anyway so it really does not hurt (you that is).

Take pass before accurate on the bombers. Having a rr on the fumble roll is much more important then getting the bomb EXACTLY where you need it. Also, don't rr a misthrown bomb as a fumble IS a TO.

I usually do not throw bombs at players. I prefer to throw the bomb to an empty square next to them. No chance for them to throw it back Twisted Evil

Most people with cheaters tend to target opposing BGs. I advise to concentrate on the opposing scorers. These are the people that will cause most of your guys to hit the showers. I remember a game against Shadow where i TTM first turn to score and he lost half his team. That is the same thing as causing four cas in one turn (this is not including the frontline damage i caused to his regular gobbos!).

A weapon tossed out of the game is a player who can't be killed. Remember that when you use your apoth.

Chainsaws require no skills.... side step is nice but really they need nothing. Bombers are different. Score with them as soon as possible.

Don't expect your team to ever get above tr 200. It just does not happen with Cheaters.
Crying or Very sad

Happy Hunting,
__Synn
**Frogs are coming back!

Spot on - as one who plays against them often that is about a definitive a guide as your gonna get - I never thought Synn was quite that clever.
 Jump to: