47 coaches online • Server time: 17:52
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Renegade

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Does every thread on this site degenerate to a squabble between pencil pushing scholars with no experience of the "real" world?

Seriously guys if you hate each other that much get a medical and scrap it out in the ring...
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Shut up Renegade! Otherwise, you force me to stab you to death with my pencil!

Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Jan Mattys, you'll have to deal with me first. And I do have a PEN!!!

Cool
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Bush may be dumb but at least he can spell Iraq

I dunno there - I've never actually seen him write it. Have you? Wink

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

If you know it was sketchy and you understand why it would be rejected, then why did you submit it? There's a rule. It's simple. You know very well exactly what that rule means. Yet you saw the need to push it. Why?

I've an alternative answer to this one. Humour is best when it is on the very edge of what is acceptable. Thats why stand-ups and their ilk often jokes about themes that are touchy to some or even to most - death, disease, racial conflict, sexual issues and so on.

And that is why a 'funny' team name will often be something that is likewise on the edge of what is acceptable. However, our limits on what is and isn't acceptale wary, and thus, if I make a statement based on my limits - I *will* be crossing the line in someone elses view (my limits being rather wide and open).
BigMac

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 15:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully you BRAIN how about we have this discussion again in german where the damn thing is spelled with a K.
And how cheap is attacking spelling? gosh am i that good that you have ran out of better attacks?

Anyway i got a link for those interested, thats a whole load of info on the subject:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holocaust_denial

And let me be perfectly clear on this:
I know that in other cultures Holocaust denial is considered to be covered by the freedom of speech.
I can accept that, but i sure as hell do not respect it.

In Germany, Austria, and Swizerland its a very serious crime.
I tried to explain why.

The rules are there for a reason, and they have been made by some of the finest minds without beeing subject to such wavering things as democracy which is often confused with popularity or public support. This kind of stuff is absolutely fundamental ethical values. Such values surpass the importance of the rights of the individum.
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:01 Reply with quote Back to top

BigMac wrote:
Mully you BRAIN...

For the record, this is the latest in a very large number of personal attacks in this thread which are specifically against the rules. I only picked this one particular quote because it was the most recent.

While I am loathe to lock discussions, I will be forced to do so if there are any more such responses. The forums are a place for discussion, not flaming. There has been very little discussion going on.

Respect the opinions of others or this thread will get locked. It is a simple rule - in fact, it's simple common courtesy. If you wish to relay facts or opinions, you are absolutely required to do so without berating others or I will lock the thread and any others which devolve in such a fashion.

I hope this is clear enough.

ps. Iraq is a transliteration from a phonetic alphabet. There are a number of ways in which it could be spelled - technically none of them are correct. It is true, however, that it is (to the best of my knowledge) spelled with a Q when written in English.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Mojo i think Mully really can take that much. "Brain" was meant to be funny. Sure its Q and it was a spelling mistake because i was thinking german.
Mully

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Ich habe kein Problem es auf Deutsch besprechend, aber dieses ist ein englischsprechendes Forum.

Und Dank für den Pfosten Mojo. Ich stoppe hier mit Herrn Mac.

Especially since I am such a moron.

PS - someone wrote way back there is a difference between obscene (vulgarity) and tastlessness (Hitler, etc). This was probably one of the few good posts on this thread and is the basis for what the admins allow and disallow for team names.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

That sounds like a very sensible approach. I'd highly recommend it. Some people might even change their mind after hearing your reasons and edit/delete/retire their teams. Or you might understand that no spite was intended and feel a bit less offended. Heck you might even learn something interesting in the process.
You know it's really nice to agree with Evo on something, it's made my day.

long may it continue.

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Shepherd

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel compelled to reiterate what I call the "all-purpose rule:"

If you for one second think "hey, this might be a bad idea," it is probably a bad idea.

Seriously.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:48 Reply with quote Back to top

If this is gonna degenerate into personal attacks, let me have my two-penneth.

That Seppuku, what a n00b. He's gay, can't spell, can't go five minutes without abusing himself wearing his Mum's bra's AND he can't play BloodBowl.

He's crap.

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I can only second that Wink

oops, sorry
Hammerhiem

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

If he's gay why's he wearing his mom's Bra?

or is he sexually confused aswell Shocked

arghh bumflaps , another fumble. Why can't these Gobbo's just pick the ball up?
Seppuku

Post   Posted: Aug 24, 2005 - 17:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Hammerhiem wrote:
If he's gay why's he wearing his mom's Bra?

or is he sexually confused aswell Shocked

He could be padding it out to feel more womanly, he could find old, grey funbag-hammocks stimulating, or he could be a real porker and have really huge man-breasts.

As for sexual confusion, he probably isn't confused...he'd like to experience it at some stage, no doubt about that!