31 coaches online • Server time: 11:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Should coaches be removed from ranking if they haven`t played for more than 1 month?
No, they should never be removed.
14%
 14%  [ 17 ]
Yes, they should be removed after 1 month.
40%
 40%  [ 49 ]
Yes, but 1 month is too short, remove them at a later point. (see post)
42%
 42%  [ 51 ]
Yes, but 1 month is too long, remove them at an earlier point. (see post)
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 121

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 18:08 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Does anyone actually look at the list apart from you Circ? Wink

Where do you find it?

As you are redirected to that page, whenever you activate a blackbox team, I guess there are alot of coaches looking at that list. You probably just don`t play [B].

@Freak:
Ranking Decay doesn`t really fit with the closed system of the ranking, because there is no way to gain ranking from outside of the system, but it`s possible to lose ranking to noone.

@svemole:
You have a better idea than putting them back to the top?
SillySod

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
1 month is too short, sometime you go on an extended vacation, or maybe your computer gets fried. 3 months sounds better.

Seriously though... are you going to care about being on the list if your computer is fried?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Reisender

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 18:39 Reply with quote Back to top

3-6 months imho
Kraark

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
1 month is too short, sometime you go on an extended vacation, or maybe your computer gets fried. 3 months sounds better.

Top Lists should indeed be for active players. (there could be a seperate for all time top players).

Well, shraag if they are actually away isn't that the perfect equivalent of unactive? And svenmole I think that when they have played a game they come back on the list like anyone else. The point of the 1month limit would be so that noone can get a high rating, stop playing fumbbl for a year and still be on the list.

Last edited by Kraark on %b %12, %2009 - %15:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: Jul 09, 2009 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
koadah wrote:
Does anyone actually look at the list apart from you Circ? Wink

Where do you find it?

As you are redirected to that page, whenever you activate a blackbox team, I guess there are alot of coaches looking at that list. You probably just don`t play [B].

Heh heh. You got me.

A full coach listing (not just top 10) with a link on the site would be cool though.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

3 month IMO seems fine.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Top Lists should indeed be for active players. (there could be a seperate for all time top players).

There already is a separate list for all time top players. You can choose between active and all-time in the Type field.
def909

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 13:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:

There already is a separate list for all time top players. You can choose between active and all-time in the Type field.

There seems to be a misunderstanding... this is about the top10 _coaches_ in blackbox, not players of a team

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Sillysod wrote:
Seriously though... are you going to care about being on the list if your computer is fried?

That was just an example. And I was assuming once you had been away for a month, it's not just an inactivity tag (that you can remove just by playing a game), but your rating starts dropping or even reset (I know that the original post says nothing about this, but it wouldn't be unrealistic that your rating drops when you go inactive).

Kraark wrote:
Well, shraag if they are actually away isn't the perfect equivalent of unactive?

I want to distinguish being totally inactive and being temporary away. To draw a parallel with real life, you can go on sick leave for a few weeks, but if you are away for a longer period of time you'd get fired or reduced in pay. Or in sports, just because you skip one tournament, doesn't mean you're no longer world champion, but if you skip for a year, someone else will claim that title.

Rijssiej wrote:

Are we talking about the same rankings? I'm talking about the player (as in coaches) ranking in Blackbox (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox), as far as I can tell, I see no option for all-time top players.

Last edited by Shraaaag on %b %12, %2009 - %13:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Igvy

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Rijssiej wrote:
Sounds good and I would like the same for the active player top lists.

Seconded.

On topic, (removed see edit) is fair.

EDIT: after thinking about it, 1 month is fair. Lets face it, all you need is ONE game and you are back on the board for a month. Or not if you lose hard.
Rijssiej

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 14:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Shraaaag wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:

Are we talking about the same rankings? I'm talking about the player (as in coaches) ranking in Blackbox (http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=blackbox), as far as I can tell, I see no option for all-time top players.

Ah, you are talking about coaches not players.
Would be nice to have a all-time top BWR as well, that is not available atm as far as I know.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

def909 wrote:
Rijssiej wrote:
Shraaaag wrote:

There seems to be a misunderstanding... this is about the top10 _coaches_ in blackbox, not players of a team

Rijssiej was just hijacking the thread abit.

On the topic of time I think that three month is a REALLY long time. Get a lucky streak and you can sit on top for a very very long time if you just determined to play it out. That would be 4 games for a year, which is extremely little. I`m thinking, even 2 weeks would be fine, but I guess 1 month means your standard holiday vacations don`t drop you off the list.
avien

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

One month seems perfect. It would add a little more incentive to play blackbox, both for top coaches and for others. Good initiative.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 16:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Well it depends on how much work it would be to bring this in.

I doubt enough people care about [B] rankings for it to be a high priority. I'd certainly prefer the LRB5 client to be the top priority and the issues with the [L]eague pages be corrected before this came in.

Post   Posted: Jul 12, 2009 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

@svemole:
You have a better idea than putting them back to the top?

Was just thinking on what requirement you wanted for "active". If you doing this with one month I see no problem with putting them right back but if you looking at a longer time I think more than 1 game is needed to be considdered as active. Something like 5 games in the 2 last month or so to qualify for the list.
 Jump to: