29 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2010 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The second round game for MIB, as they continue their infiltration of Chaos Dwarf headquarters, will take place on Monday at 10pm BBTime.

I seem to have come up against my oldest adversary, Wotfudboy, so every agent is doing extra training ready for the big showdown!
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2010 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight (Wednesday) at 22:00 bb-time:

Crown of Sand Qualifier II (Dwarf, High Elf, Vampire), Round 2

Always Fun to Play Against Image vs. Image Eurekä

The Fun will hire Grim and Runesmith for support, but will that suffice to overcome Eurekä'sImage Dibur, a ST 5 blodgesidestepping freak of nature runner?
Mithrilpoint

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2010 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Tonight at 22:00 bbtime Gvardieciai will face off against Transcients for some good old fashioned Khemri bashfest. Don't miss out.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2010 - 22:18 Reply with quote Back to top

The qualifier had been really interesting so far.. who would have thought, that Skaven would be the favorite to take the CD-qualifier? After a truly brutal match last night, I rather put my money on Gitzbang to snatch the qualifier title with his rats. 11 CD with no MB and only 3 guards will have a hard time beating 12 skaven that can seal the deal by hiring headsplitter.

Also the dwarves of Eureka with their ST5 blodge sidestep runner are out of the tourney, planted into the pitch by rafa`s brotherhood. The dwarven qualifier will indeed be decided between the two bashiest nastiest dwarves. I think rafa will take this one, but it`s really up to the av/inj rolls. Both coaches know how to maximize their blocks/fouls if nothing else Razz

Orc qualifier looks interesting too, even though only in the semi-final stages. In the upper half we are left to wonder, if the proelves can take down yet another orc team before finally getting bashed to bits and pieces for good. If the elves win, they will probably succumb to the winner of the bottom half, but this time I have my money on the orcs, that have the perfect chance to save some cash in order to put up a good fight in the final.
Because in the lower half the favorite jimjo is facing a tough challenge:
They give up 2 handicaps against another orc team that might not sport the same amount of guard/MB and don`t have the uber blitzer, but they have an AG5 blitzer for the elven plays, a troll and cash for ripper to increase the muscle and potentially dominate the scrum. A lot will depend if the BoB team can make their muscle count or if the leaping ST5 monster will reign the pitch. In the end I go with the uber blitzer. Though I hope that he will catch a boot and an apo fail, I think he will make the day. Ideally he will become MVP and age with a niggle Razz
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking at the qualifier 5, we see 2 lizzies in the top semi final. Though Ulrik and his Ghosts of Godzilla have the advantages here in the form of a Krox, sauri without niggle and 3 extra players. A good opportunity for Ulrik to stock up some cash, as the humans will most likely be a tough opponent in the final. In the bottom half there are two nice humans teams fighting for the final, but I think TIA returns will have the upper hand. More cash, 4 vs 0 MB on the blitzer, more cash for fancy human stars and a very nice teamcaptain.. The final will depend, if the human team can come out of the semi without major injuries and how much cash they will have available, but I`m inclined to call this one for the humans.

The ogre final.. well.. not much to say about that. smallman has the heavy advantage, but I guess ogre matches are always up for nuffle to decide. 4 handicaps can turn the tide and I seriously hope they will, just so that the main round will see reasonably fast matches.

BillBrasky has his spot in the main round already secured. I probably should have brought my woodies, too. Damn you all, you cowardly DE coaches that you brought your orcs/dorfs/CD/chaos.

The khemri qualifier will probably go to Mithrilpoint and his Transcients. They are up against Moesis and the most smashed around team of the tourney. 7 permanent injuries - 3 mummies going down. What started as the most promising team with the most cash is now reduced to the underdog. Only Calciums inability to actually play ball has brought them into the final Razz
Well.. I wish him good luck - maybe his regen now finally kicks in. He could need it.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Feb 13, 2010 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone any thoughts on the #4 qualifier?
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 07:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Anyone any thoughts on the #4 qualifier?

Can't Touch This has been heavily hurt on semis, but Glorious Pratchett lack of tackle (just one, although is an RSC) will be decisive. Dark Elves shouldn't have many problems to avoid the direct confrontation and minimize the use of Chaos Dirty Players. Glorious Pratchett has proved to been nicely coached on CoS, but I think they won't reach the final draw unless they roll some good block and armor rolls from the first turn. A couple of good handicaps can help a lot, of course Smile, but a Wizard on Dark Elf side can be also devastating.

I expect a 2-1 for Dark Elves, with some SI-RIPs against.
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 17, 2010 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Skavenblight Gazette reports:

Rumors: PPM heading to the desert?

Rumorz in Zkavenblight zay zhat zeveral mutant entities have been zpotted in ze Crown of Zand Qualifiers, even wiz a Strength of 5 snotlings and the agility of 4 mummies at ze zame time. Ze Khemri Foul Play Committee haz ztated zhat zuch a ztrength zertainly diztrazt ze rightfull right of ze boot, wiz zis gitz being zo terribly diffcult to be knocked over.

Up unitl now, Blackpox had been conzidered a plaze of positional purity, forzing even Chrizter´s mazter at arms Purplebox to create a tourney prize zhat iz not very powerful. Now even Purplebox stadz helpless in front of muöltiple strengz increez mutants.
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 01:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Qualifier V Final - Ghozts of Godzilla vs Prairie's Sinners

Thursday 18th, 22:00 BBtime (aprox)
adambomb

Post   Posted: Feb 18, 2010 - 02:57 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Orc qualifier looks interesting too, even though only in the semi-final stages. In the upper half we are left to wonder, if the proelves can take down yet another orc team before finally getting bashed to bits and pieces for good. If the elves win, they will probably succumb to the winner of the bottom half, but this time I have my money on the orcs, that have the perfect chance to save some cash in order to put up a good fight in the final.

Methinks the elves were very frightened at the prospect of facing these tackling greenskins as the remnants of their team have left the desert and have not been seen nor heard from in over 9 days.

Just proves that all elves are nothing but cowards at heart. Twisted Evil

This dodgy elf behavior has left the Bleedin' Sun Boyz in a foul mood. In the words of team captain Grimlok, "Weez rilly wanted ta crush dem elfeez but weez gonna be bashin' 'eadz wiv da BoBz. Weez gonna bust em gud. "
Reisender

Post   Posted: Feb 23, 2010 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

The rest of Gitzbang´s Rats will practice midget throwing on the remains of my once proud Chaos Dwarfs Wednesday, 23:00 server time to decide the Chaos Dwarf Qualifier, infiltrated by rats!
adambomb

Post   Posted: Feb 24, 2010 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Orc Qualifier Final happening on Wednesday at 14:00 server time

An ungodly hour for this coach as it will be 05:00 here!

I am going to give a blanket disclaimer now that all coaching mistakes I make were due to a lack of a proper night's rest and had nothing to do with skill

Wink
Kharnete

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 07:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Finaly we have the final draw. Any thoughts, bets or something about what do you expect to happen?

[B]o[B]
Prairie's Sinners

Lithe Avengers
ogrific [b]

Transcients
Can`t touch this!!

Comeback of Losers
ACEII Brotherhood
Tathar

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

2 [B]o[B]
1 Prairie's Sinners

3 Lithe Avengers
1 ogrific [b]

0 Transcients
2 Can`t touch this!!

1 Comeback of Losers
2 ACEII Brotherhood

Final: [B]o[B] vs Can`t touch this!!
After two bashy rounds Can't touch this!! are too depleted to beat [B]o[B]

Winner: [B]o[B]

Kharnete wrote:
Finaly we have the final draw. Any thoughts, bets or something about what do you expect to happen?

[B]o[B]
Prairie's Sinners

Lithe Avengers
ogrific [b]

Transcients
Can`t touch this!!

Comeback of Losers
ACEII Brotherhood
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 27, 2010 - 10:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

some thoughts:

At the time the CoS was due to start exactly one (1) of the 8 qualified teams had applied to join the group.

All the teams were invited into the group, even 48 hrs after the tournament was due to start 2 had not accepted that invite. So i had to gewt an admin to force the teams to accept.

Sometimes i wonder why i bother.

Jump to: