51 coaches online • Server time: 17:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistlegoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Why did the box die off?
I love LRB5/6/FFB...best Div on Fumbbl
39%
 39%  [ 41 ]
I really only played Box to bash and when every one left I went back to Rank to "pick"
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I really only played Box because I hate pickers and when the box died and went to FFB I followed under the illusion that no pickers were there, silly me.
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
I just dont like LRB4 and moved on over.
11%
 11%  [ 12 ]
I came on over from Cyanide and played FFB because it was the ruleset I know.
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
I love Blood Bowl but deep down dont like Fumbbl, but, this is the only place I could find a game and FFB/CRB is what I play on TT.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I really have no clue...All I know is all the "tools" play in ranked so Box seemed like the place for me.
8%
 8%  [ 9 ]
Man that pumpkin PIE looks really nice, oh another dob of cool whip on top please.
29%
 29%  [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 104

Shraaaag

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't played CRP enough to definitally say I like it better than LRB4, however the client is such an improvement, I'm awaiting the transferal of blackbox until I play it again.

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 08:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
avien wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
i think...instead of moving threads to the appropriate forums, i'm going to just start locking them...

--j

Because? If noone wants to discuss it, it will die anyway. If people want to, well discussions are a symptom of a healthy community. Censorship isn't.

Shooting a dying whale isn't censorship.

LOL

Thanks Pythrr... I needed that Laughing

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 09:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with BiggieB for most of his post - but the overall decline seems to have stopped about 4 months ago, stabilizing at about 1/3 of the matches played before. During the time of overall decline [R] was the main losing division not only in absolute numbers - easy if you are the biggest to start from - but also relatively.

When [FFB-B] goes live, I predict a visible upswing in total games - as we then have the first functional CRP division, with stable teams. I fear that at the moment some people don't play (at FFB) because they know their teams will be resetted, and others don't play (in the LRB4 divs) because they want to wait for the move to CRP.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 09:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I would say that lots of coaches would love to play with a scheduler, but don't feel particularly loyal to the "whole" black box concept. So when something else came along (ffb) they were happy to switch.

I think you would find if there was an optional scheduler available right now in Ranked, it would be heavily in use.

Oscar Wilde
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 17:30 Reply with quote Back to top

avien wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
i think...instead of moving threads to the appropriate forums, i'm going to just start locking them...

--j

Because? If noone wants to discuss it, it will die anyway. If people want to, well discussions are a symptom of a healthy community. Censorship isn't.

it's not censorship if people can't follow the proper procedures...

notice how i never said i'd lock it if it was in the appropriate forum...

maybe you should learn what censorship is before you start throwing the term around..apparently you struggle with this simple concept...

Grod wrote:
I think you would find if there was an optional scheduler available right now in Ranked, it would be heavily in use.

oh, and another thing people seem to not be able to grasp...

you do realize there already is an optional scheduler in ranked right?...

it's called "suggested opponents"...

maybe, instead of whining that you want a blackbox in ranked, people should actually start using the tools that already exists, which is providing the same functionality already?

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %25, %2010 - %17:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Slex

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Voted for the PIE. Other options make no sense to me. Like someone came from Cyanide and went straight to FFB and because of that the box died? Oh well, there's some irony on those options after all, they all assume the FFB killed the box, which we all know it did.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

BiggieB wrote:
http://www.fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&type=month if you look at this you can easily see that a recent upswing in FBB games quite neatly correspond to the demise of the box. My guess is they play FBB Smile. That being said the overall number of games are also in decline, so they might have decided to leave the site or take a break, in which case they probably will miss your poll Very Happy

At least Biggie tried to input something constructive here as opposed to the usual crap from the regulars.

I personally believe there will be a place for the blackbox once FFB is up and running.
After all, the bashers who fill their teams with claw/MB/PO are guaranteed to get a game against us more 'unhinged' coaches that play allsorts in B!

Post   Posted: Nov 25, 2010 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Shadow wrote:

Depends. It is, if Admins decide what "proper procedure" is. If there is a definition for proper procedure please point me to it. I hear about it for the first time.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 04:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Depends. It is, if Admins decide what "proper procedure" is. If there is a definition for proper procedure please point me to it. I hear about it for the first time.

admins have decided what proper procedure was long before you came here...

a forum exists for a certain topic...use that forum, and not another forum...

if there is a forum specifically for Blackbox related content...don't use another forum for those posts...

seems to be a pretty simple concept, don't you think?

--j

ImageImage
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 12:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Locking threads simply for being in the wrong forum is stupid.

Fat and stupid.

Its not exactly a thrilling or an epic topic and I dont have a desire to accidentally click on it in recent topics... but theres no way it should be locked Confused

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

What will it take to get this thread locked?

I'm willing to take one for the team here.

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
Wreckage wrote:
Shadow wrote:

admins have decided what proper procedure was long before you came here...

a forum exists for a certain topic...use that forum, and not another forum...

if there is a forum specifically for Blackbox related content...don't use another forum for those posts...

seems to be a pretty simple concept, don't you think?

--j

somehow you remind me of the janitor of my first flat at university....
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 13:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Was the janitor fat?

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 20:18 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Locking threads simply for being in the wrong forum is stupid.

Fat and stupid.

Its not exactly a thrilling or an epic topic and I dont have a desire to accidentally click on it in recent topics... but theres no way it should be locked Confused

jesus christ, you people whine way the hell too much...

get over yourself...i never said i was going to...it was a random thought that crossed my mind...if i was really going to, i would have already, instead of doing what painstate *SHOULD* have done in the first place, and i moved the thread to the appropriate forum...

but hey whatever...you people obviously need something to whine about since the cheater thread & the LRB6 wipe threads are locked....

--j

ImageImage
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2010 - 20:28 Reply with quote Back to top

*insert random whining here* Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad

Last edited by Frankenstein on %b %26, %2010 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: