49 coaches online • Server time: 16:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

The 5 minute thig is quite good: 15 minutes *would* see people going afk and not being around at scheduling time.

I'm surprised to see anyone objecting to my idea.

The only objection I can see as having any validity is that it would take some effort to implement (and not very much I suspect):

- only people who are interested would get the pm
- looking at the clock is all very well so long as you remember to do so. It's very easy to miss that 5 minute period if you don't have an audible cue (I'm not the only one who does it and while 15 minutes isn't that long to wait for the next time that's hardly a reason not to have a pm)
- quite a lot of people don't seem to have grasped the 5 minutes thing (new polayers!!) so a pm letting them know would be useful for them too.
- people not on irc will just have to manage Smile

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the PM idea. Anything that makes it easier to get people playing is great. You don't even need IRC then if you so choose.

If people object to the PM spam, then have an option to not be notified in personal settings.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor wrote:
The 5 minute thig is quite good: 15 minutes *would* see people going afk and not being around at scheduling time.

I'm surprised to see anyone objecting to my idea.

The only objection I can see as having any validity is that it would take some effort to implement (and not very much I suspect):

- only people who are interested would get the pm
- looking at the clock is all very well so long as you remember to do so. It's very easy to miss that 5 minute period if you don't have an audible cue (I'm not the only one who does it and while 15 minutes isn't that long to wait for the next time that's hardly a reason not to have a pm)
- quite a lot of people don't seem to have grasped the 5 minutes thing (new polayers!!) so a pm letting them know would be useful for them too.
- people not on irc will just have to manage Smile

It's extra work for the admins at a time when they already got alot of work, and for very little gain. If people got a problem remembering the time they need to be creative and solve their own problem. Setting up a clock to beep for just you on your computer or on your clock or whatnot is not hard.

Timlagor you need to realise that admins/moderators are not paid. If blackbox was a cyanide thing I would be all for this. But we can't really ask for much from fumbbl. And what we do ask about should be things we can't easily fix for ourself.
Prinz

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 21:57 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're too lazy to hang around for 10 minutes and not check irc or the clock? ( wow that's epic lazy Smile Why not set up a highlight on the bot saying that you should activate. if all you need is for IRC to blink, you don't need the bot's help for that. You're coming up with very convoluted solutions to a problem that's been solved years ago.

Apart from that, bowlbot's getting enough people confused as it is Smile