26 coaches online • Server time: 01:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2011 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I think it's a shame the eye went away but the DP nerf is fine with me.
Even better is the GTR change but that's not going to get much debate.

I would like to have the volume for the fouling sound effect turned up some (in comparison to all the other sounds).

Post   Posted: Jan 24, 2011 - 22:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, if you want to foul, get sneaky git.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday managed about 7-8 fouls with a single DP before he was ejected, all were rather successful - I think worst was a stun once. But it was a hobgoblin DP! And it was so far the most successful game in terms of fouling. All others went so that foulers were ejected on first or max second boot. So it is kinda random now. Every time same chances to get ejected, which is in my opinion pretty stupid. Say you're booting every turn and the other coach doesn't foul back - shouldn't the ref pay more attention to the dirty team? The eye thingy was good.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't have a big problem with the rule change although the eye was far better. But what makes it a real kick in the teeth is everyone has Pilling On now and fouling would have been the perfect deterant for that, now everyone can pile on in relative safety everyturn which is a little annoying.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The sound in the FBB client is still to low when fouling. Raise it!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:34 Reply with quote Back to top

If they Pile On, you can still stick the boot in, especially with the right team. Plus, if they've Piled On here, they leave a space for a Blitz / gang Foul there. Smile

I do think the lack of an Eye is what's going to seal my trip to the mental asylum.
maznaz

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I really don't get why people think the Eye mechanic was particularly strategic. It was a big sign that said "YOUR TURN TO FOUL" and that was it. It added one incredibly blatant and obvious factor to what was ALREADY a strategic decision based on positioning and risk vs reward. Because of the increased risk vs reward factor due to the changes already discussed fouling is at least as strategic as before, without the huge clunky mechanic that really dumbed down the fouling game.

In my opinion of course.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

We need more fouls in a game... A maximum of 16 fouls (possibly 24 with OT) for a team is not enough. Something needs to be done!

Solution suggestions:
1. A 3rd half and 4th half. Looking at 32 fouls. Evnem more in OT... Now we are talking.
2. Make Frenzy work on fouls, so if you fail to break armor or only stun the victim, he rolls a new armor and possibly injury roll.
3. Get more foul actions a turn. Maybe make fouls work like Block/Blitz. Where players not having moved could foul like they would be able to block, and then you had one "blitz foul" a turn.
4. Give all teams a DP, Sneaky Git lineman(0-16 positional) (This might not increase the maximum fouls, but at least should help to increase the foul avg.)

Please come up with more suggestions to this grave problem. We need this fixed! STAT!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

The advantage of the Eye was that you could stop it becoming your opponent's turn to foul again (though having it reset at 1/2 time was a little silly imo). It gave the non-fouling team some slight compensation/deterrant, now a fouly team will foul monotonously regardless of who they are playing against (though obviously some already did).

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the change to get the Ref is good and all that was really needed. I don’t mind the downgrading of dirty player to +1 but I do miss the eye as it made fouling more tactical.

All that said I do not think the changes are as bad as I first thought they might be although this is only on a sample of about 20 games.

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 11:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Skolopender wrote:
We need more fouls in a game... A maximum of 16 fouls (possibly 24 with OT) for a team is not enough. Something needs to be done!

Solution suggestions:
1. A 3rd half and 4th half. Looking at 32 fouls. Evnem more in OT... Now we are talking.
2. Make Frenzy work on fouls, so if you fail to break armor or only stun the victim, he rolls a new armor and possibly injury roll.
3. Get more foul actions a turn. Maybe make fouls work like Block/Blitz. Where players not having moved could foul like they would be able to block, and then you had one "blitz foul" a turn.
4. Give all teams a DP, Sneaky Git lineman(0-16 positional) (This might not increase the maximum fouls, but at least should help to increase the foul avg.)

Please come up with more suggestions to this grave problem. We need this fixed! STAT!

Make Piling On work for fouls. Make Multiple Block work for fouls.

Allow everyone "assisting" a foul to roll individually for the foul outcome, and the most serious outcome is the one that stands.

Crowd fouls - any player knocked prone by the sidelines can be fouled by the crowd.

Make it so you are allowed to foul as many times as you like during each turn until you cause at least a KO - guaranteeing 16 satisfying fouls each game.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 13:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Technically, the stab skill is using the foul mechanics with no chance to get sent off, so you could call that a standing foul. Very Happy
JimmyFantastic

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Believe me the eye's effect on strategy was overrated, fouling as much as possible was a fine tactic. The prevalence of MB PO and claw means that your MB PO guy is actually safer on the ground now!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

fouling is so not worth it now. Foul me, please.
Skolopender

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is always worth it...