75 coaches online • Server time: 19:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 08:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I have issues every so often. I've been putting them down to my (not for much longer, I hope) mobile internet connection.

I hope that's the issue...
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Hitonagashi wrote:
http://forums.java.net/node/680586

Does that help diagnose it at all...IE, are your graphics cards NVIDIA ones?

I believe my symptoms were exactly as described in that link. Thanks!

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 11:56 Reply with quote Back to top

[quote="Garion"]
Hitonagashi wrote:
http://forums.java.net/node/680586

Does that help diagnose it at all...IE, are your graphics cards NVIDIA ones?

Nope mines not NVIDIA.

Quote:

Could your card be doing the same thing anyway? [and did torsoboy manage to fix it?]

Is geography a factor? Are most of your outside Europe for instance?

I have had no problems that weren't the server crashing right at the outset of the new system.
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 12:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, my laptop has an ATI card, my computer runs Linux, and I am in Europe and have a good connection to the internet...

Oscar Wilde
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I must say I had no problems whatsoever when the client was still in beta running in the FFB division. In the last two weeks I encounterd similar problems as you described. I could imagine that it is indeed related to the server use.
In the last two days the connection was rather stable and I encounterd no problems.
t0tem

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 14:38 Reply with quote Back to top

i took some time to uninstall all obsolete versions of java on the off chance that could have something to do with it (turns out the stupid program doesn't delete old versions of itself when updating, what's that about?).
spiro

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Garion wrote:

Is it possible this is happening when one person is using java 6 update 23 and the other person is usin update 22, because Totem and I had a game that lep dropping and as you can see from the above post he had 22 and I have got 23?[/code]

High probability, that you are right.
I wonder, ffb is tested since 4 months and nobody noticed this problem, now we have BlackBox with ffb client and just now is the problem. I think earlier weren't so much games during one day,
There are even two problems, freezing and disappearing the field. I don't think, that these two issues are by one NVIDIA problem. I have NVIDIA but i hadn't any problems except FFB client.

Btw my java hadn't any problems with skijunkie clent in lrb4.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Ginocoolowski

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 15:59 Reply with quote Back to top

so I played a few games of blood bowl at school the other day, and noticed no crashes or lock ups or slow down. I found that the computer there was running Java 1.5.0. A much older version but it was working very well with the FFB client. However that version of Java has been completely discontinued at this point and I havent' spend a lot of time trying to find the older version yet.
Christer

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 16:15
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Differences in Java versions between the people playing a game should have no impact on the performance of the server.

We are, however, investigating lag issues and trying to figure out exactly what's going on that causes it. There are enough reports of it to make it probably that there indeed is an issue. That being said, it's an incredibly difficult issue to figure out since we don't know the exact cause of the problem, and it's intermittent.
Ginocoolowski

Post   Posted: Jan 26, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

today I don't have a slowdown issue. which is weird. Or a crashing issue.
 Jump to: