30 coaches online • Server time: 01:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
zakatan wrote:
Frankenstein wrote:
spiro wrote:
There aren't any stars, option is turned off.

I beg your pardon?

you can't have more than 16 players

if you want stars, sack someone

problem solved

Okay mate, but i can't predict that i will play vs 230K stronger team pffft, should i no buy 16 player, because i eventually want a star player there?
An empty place for a star, rubbish.
If Star players aren't available because i have 16 players then there in inducement table should be an option to retire one player and buy a star player instead. Confused

In lrb4 there was prematch sequence when i had chance to retire one player and buy a star player there. here i can't because my team is ready to play and any operations are blocked.

At a certain TV you want to be prepared for a -230TV game. The rules are there and clear: no more than 16 available players for a game. You can just go with an empty slot just in case, or denying your chance to get stars. Your call, your strategy. It doesn't really make that much of a difference, between 15 and 16 players after all.
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I repeat, there in inducement option should be a chance to retire one player.
Now what, everybody will buy only 15 players, because client is blocking chance to buy a star player, no slots pffft. hilarious.
How much matches do you can play with this difference ?.That not happens every time.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I am pretty certain you can have more than 16 players with stars. I know i have had 17 in FFB before it went to box. And as far as i am aware this is allowed within the new rules.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
I repeat, there in inducement option should be a chance to retire one player.
Now what, everybody will buy only 15 players, because client is blocking chance to buy a star player, no slots pffft. hilarious.
How much matches do you can play with this difference ?.That not happens every time.

retiring players is part of the post-match sequence. You are coupled based on your TV after the post-match.

The rules won't adapt to you. They are the same for everyone, just build your strategy according to them.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
I am pretty certain you can have more than 16 players with stars. I know i have had 17 in FFB before it went to box. And as far as i am aware this is allowed within the new rules.

you are allowed to have more than 16 players in the roster, as long as you have missing players. Not allowed to have more than 16 available players.

The Rules wrote:
Star players may not take the number of players to more than 16. However, players missing the game due to an injury do not count towards the number of players on the team
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Interesting, thanks for the knowledge!
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:52 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:

The rules won't adapt to you. They are the same for everyone, just build your strategy according to them.

Pfttt you have forgotten, that here we have a black box, with specifical division, no more refusing to play. now we are in unformal tournament rule, i must play vs everybody whose the bot will choose pffft I can't predict what different will be.

Ruleset says nothing about black box, btw, in the rule i have read, that inducement it's a pre-match sequence, so i don't understand your point, that i can't retire one of my players there.

Pre match sequence:
1.) Transfer gold
2.) Take Inducement

it means, that i know there in the rule "pre match sequence", that i will play vs stronger team and then i have chance to retire one of my players. it's simple. Now we have a bit different rule, because after transfer gold i can't make any operation..

Last edited by spiro on %b %01, %2011 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 00:53 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Pfttt you have forgotten, that here we have a black box, with specifical division, no more refusing to play. now we are in unformal tournament rule, i must play vs everybody whose the bot will choose pffft I can't predict what different will be.

Ruleset says nothing about black box, btw, in the rule i have read, that inducement it's a pre-match sequence, so i don't understand your point, that i can't retire one of my players there.

i bet even you can see the difference between pre-match and post-match
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I am reading it now so don't write to me rubbishes. There is clear Pre match sequence it's a inducement. here we have inducement option without any chance to retire player.
Go and read it.

Last edited by spiro on %b %01, %2011 - %01:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
zakatan

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:06 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
I am reading it now so don't write to me rubbishes. There is clear Pre match sequence it's a inducement.
Go and reading it.

and there is a clear post-match sequence where you buy/fire players, apos and hire journeymen.

Ok i'm off, you can keep discussing with yourself from now on
skeletor

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

So your not happy whit the client, sure some small things could be better, but complaning this way....... And your complaning about somthing that your not ewen paying for Sad

And yes the box is not allways fair, but heh then go play somthing on battelnet.
Urrghs

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I also think that Blood Bowl rules should not be altered for BlackBox. If retiring players is post-match and hiring Stars is pre-match, everything is well implemented in the ffb client. What is the deal? Keep one slot free for Star players; that is the rules.
The only thing, of course, is implementing the wizard. Hopefully we will have the option soon.
TransientNomad

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Just think if you'd only had 15 players you would have had enough inducments for Roxanna Darknail 250k or Zara the Slayer 270k pfft
ohh the humanity
spiro

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I want ask if these rule are such crazy and nonsenses, that all coaches can't retire any player during inducement, because retiring is possible only during post match sequence pffft, so there in inducement is possible buy 2 star players

I want ask, how big difference would be in black box ??
Maybe i will wake up tommorow and will play vs 400K stronger team and i still would not buy 2 stars, because no slots there.
Maybe i should have 2 empty slots, play with only 14 players.

Ridiculous.

f_alk

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2011 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Now what, everybody will buy only 15 players, ...

Actually, I think most teams will go to 13-14 players.
Why?
Lower TV!
and you can get your stars or mercenaries in the pre-match phase.
 Jump to: