56 coaches online • Server time: 19:12
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Pain, you are right about Orcs and Dorfs now not being anywhere near as dangerous as they were. Whereas before they had a great buffer with their high AV and obviously posessing the DP deterrant, now their armour is as good as negated with claw and in my humble opinion I no longer fear being prone facing an opponent's DP! Dorfs are at an even greater disadvantage, less natural ST than Orcs and they are SLOW! My chaos team rub their hands together in glee at the prospect of facing dorfs/Orcs now!

DP'ing still has it's uses, but as I said to another coach in spec earlier, one cannot build a strategy around fouling anymore (not that it was ever that successfull anyway Wink ) I agree with Duke that T1 fouling is no longer an automatic requirement as it was in LRB4. But gangfouling is still effective if used well (well, it's worked for me!)

The new power teams in FUMBBL will be chaos/chaos pact/necromantic imo. CD's/Nurgle could become players too if the right coach builds them....

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Still, Dwarves are not that bad off. At least now they have viable skill choices beyond Guard, and Mighty Blow.

Oscar Wilde
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Evilo wrote:
Fend cancels both frenzy and piling on

And juggernaut takes away fend.
Mr_Foulscumm

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Were_M_Eye wrote:
Evilo wrote:
Fend cancels both frenzy and piling on

And juggernaut takes away fend.

But if rock beats scissors and paper beats rock... scissors beat paper... and...

Yeah. Great times.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:57 Reply with quote Back to top

This team stole all the Dirty Players.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

With all these teams taking Claw and Piling On all the wood elves and rats will be in their element!

a skill that reduces armour to AV7 and a skill that causes teams to leave gaps ... yes please Very Happy
Carnis

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

You can still make a good strategy around fouling. Elves excel in it now I'd say, being able to reposition quickly, getting that stun being often enough & having lowered chance of sent offs. It's less a dead-team strat now, and more an elfteam. At least most dead teams that I see are unable to capitalize on the fouls, whereas elves with their blodge, SS are pretty much guaranteed to get the assists early in the half.

You can game around your PO getting fouled, but you cant game around all your team not getting fouled. Obviously if you have multiples of MBPO on high AV teams you have not much to fear.. It's still there, people just arent yet used to lrb6 fouling as much as before.
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

And got Owned by my 'Born To Kill' Platoon!

During the game this coach ignored the ball despite having better dice and more players. My PO blitzer was gangfouled half a dozen times and came out withoug a scratch. Proof that the pure fouling strategy is dead...

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 13:03 Reply with quote Back to top

gjopie wrote:

They don't live up to the "tactical eye" fouling of lrb4 though !

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=632143
53 cas in 10 games not bad !
Ullakkomorko

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

jimmyfantastic wrote:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=632143
53 cas in 10 games not bad !

Great picking too!
pizzamogul

Post 16 Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 14:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm pretty sure a skilled coach can make use of a MB/PO player without sacrificing positioning - it doesn't have to be an either/or proposition. Much like with the LRB4 DP, it just has to be performed within the flow of the game.

Watch an old-school Dreadclaw replay - I was always really impressed by his ability to play the fouling game and not lose offensive or defensive positioning. Synn is another that comes to mind good at fouling without forgetting positioning.

Like other have said, the thing that really is growing in annoyance is the inability to retaliate effectively when someone lays down a Piling-On Monster out in the open.

With solid positioning (in LRB4), you could force a fouler to use the +2 on the armor roll most times while the eye was on them. Now (vs. PO), even if you manage enough assists to carry the +1 past the armor roll you're getting a KO more times than not. After the score/half it's, "Welcome back Claw/MB/PO Monster!"

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the CD's have the biggest advatange in the new rules for pure bash power...They have 6 CD's that all can take Claw...You stagger the skills up looking at the 31+ and 51+ SPP levels...You stagger: MB/PO/Guard/Claw...they come with Block/Tackle. SO you have the ultimater killing machines. Of course the challenge is getting all 6 to 51+. But those are some really mean CD.

AV7 Blodge teams: Under LRB4 those teams would avoid, if they could, teams with a lot of tackle/mb. Well that dynamic has not changed in FFB, in fact it is one of the things that stayed the exact same, odds for knock down/CAS did not change. Now you add the dynamic of an improved PO to that skill set and the CAS for the Blodge AV7 teams is going to climb. SO if a WE team would run to the hills if the opponeet had 4 MB/Tackle blitzers under the old client, lets say, do thay gladly run onto the field in glee that claw has no effect on them? Even though the "killers' still have the same skill set but Claws that are worthless....And your poor treeman, how does he feel about all of this, he has feelings you know.

Guard: Were did it go? It seems on the FFB teams that guard is now being pushed down the order of importance and we see less of it, even on the bash all ST access teams. The converted teams have a lot of guard but not the "new" FFB teams....I will start trying to find matches with the converted teams taking on the new FFB teams and comparing how they are matching up.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 16:57 Reply with quote Back to top

PainState wrote:

CLAW: Orcs are getting their butts kicked in now and the dorfs have no clue. Both of those races seem to be taking in the chin when faced with claw. It seems that those two teams are at a disadvantage now that they have never had to face this tactical situation before.

Stop "complain" mate get your MB and the "pil" oners and fight. pffft Image It's a sarcasm btw.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.

Last edited by spiro on %b %03, %2011 - %17:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Stop "complain" mate get your MB and the "pil" oners and fight. pffft

Another gramatically correct gem from the king of bollocks! Wink

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2011 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I was having a look at new phones today and there was one called the 'Spiro'.

I decided not to buy it, in case it kept complaining about the numbers I dialled.
 Jump to: