61 coaches online • Server time: 19:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CorporateSlave3

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Michael_Warblade wrote:
The First post Specified How about keeping the PHYSICAL skills not all skills (eg horns, claw, RSC etc) I still agree its a bad idea but its not the same as the idea you people thought it was IE you kill a wood elf catcher you get nothing you kill a Werewolf you get claw ETC

It must have been the failure to call them Physcial Traits that confused us, since the LRB no longer includes physical 'skills.'

I supposed the 'logic' behind losing them is even if the claw or horns or whatever are still there, the shambling corpse has lost all knowledge of what to do with the thing to make it work.

The reason behind losing them is keeping horns and RSC (etc) off of undead teams, who hardly need the help...

I do like the idea of keeping the icon and player portrait though. Keeping physical traits as well would sure increase the number of undead coaches constantly looking for games vs chaos and skaven...and desperately fouling every turn... Wink
thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2004 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Undead and necro need all the help they can get, but i doubt this will be implemented by anyone anytime soon.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it possible to give a certain zombie an icon of your own choice by copying another icon and changing it's filename?

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

That would change it for all icons and only for you. If you want all your zombies to show up as a bunch of 'flings, goblins, black orcs and wardancers, you can do that. Just change the icons.ini file. Just remember that it only changes it for you.

If you tell your opponent, "Thank god! My WarDancer regenerated," be prepared to give an explanation.

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2004 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Is it possible to give a certain zombie an icon of your own choice by copying another icon and changing it's filename?

not possible, you can alter a player's portrait so that is shows up for that player only, and shows to all opponents, but icons are not currently part of the rosters. You can alter icons or links to them on your local machine but it won't show up for opponents.

But a solution shouldn't be too hard, simply changing the "position" of the reanimated dudes on the roster to "former Elf" or "former Dwarf" (or if you wanted to "former Elf Blitzer" etc. but the race should do the trick) and then adding to the positions file that "former Elf" means using an elf icon etc. but it would require a change in the client (dunno about fumbbl roster creation)... But it's workable, I think, but I'm not a java code or database dude, so I don't know the amount of work.. can definetely say it would be possible. I think..

That way you could also have an icon for "undead Elf" etc. which would be cool.. I used to have a tabletop undead team that was "made up" of the opponents killed by my other teams (in theory, I mean their names were the same as the dead dudes, and their positions former "something" but their stats and skills were rookie undead).. great fun.. would love to see this on Fumbbl Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 09:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm

I would also like fumbbl to keep track of whcih players casused permanent injuries such as niggles and deaths to the said player. So if someone killed Fro'de for example, it would be right there on Fro'de 's card who did it...

Oscar Wilde
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

i think it would be really cool if they at least kept their old logos, though im sure it would be a huge headache for christer and add all sorts of complex computer jargon that i could never hope to understand...

of course none of this stops people using these rules in table top fumbbl games, perhaps if GW ever re-releases blood bowl they could release some racial zombie models... that would be sweet.

another thing i was thinking was that necromancers could get the option of raising a normal zombie or a (insert name of undead beastie here... shade, shadow, wraith, nazgul, animated corpse or whatever) that kept any physical traits but didnt have regen, or lowered AV or some sort of appropriate penalty to keep the game in check, that way the normal rules wouldnt be affected and everything would be kept in balance. the undead team would gain even more player types, but since anything dead is potentially a member, and add to this the vast array of necromantic monsters ... i think its all fluff-appropriate.

if i ever run a table top BB league ill be writing up some rules so any suggestions to how this might work are very appreciated Smile
buzzrocks

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

i was thinking necros gain the ability to raise a <B>corpse fiend</B>

which is basically similar to a zombie or skeleton, but contains the soul of the newly departed trapped within their shambling dead body.... stats would be

5|3|2|7| bonehead or...
4|3|2|8| bonehead
they keep any phsical skills (and possibly injuries???) that the player they were raised from had in life.

they have the bonehead trait to represent the soul of their deceased body struggling to resist the necromancer...
they lose regen, so even if they are particulary powerful they wont be around long

thats also why i would favour them getting skeleton basic stats, at av 7 and no apoth a corpse fiend decked out with RSC and all that would not really be around for long enough to unbalance the team. IMHO anyway.
Athoria

Post 1 Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

In my opinion, I like the idea of keeping certain traits of the deceased player, but there needs to be limits. Here is what I was thinking:

The head coach (necromancer) has the option of raising either a Zombie (regular), or an Animated Corpse (explained below). The Zombie would be exactly like the normal rules.

Animated Corpse:

MA: -2 of the original player (this will be minimum 1, maximum 5)
ST: original player (maximum 4)
AG: -1 of original (minimum 1, maximum 3)
AV: original player (maximum 9) EDIT: Maximum 8

All traits would be kept along with physical abilities. All Skills would be lost, and player would gain Peaked. They also do NOT have regen.

So in the following two examples, we have 2 dead players:

Wardancer 9 3 5 7, Leap, Block, Dodge, JumpUp, SideStep, +1MA, +1AG
Skaven Gutter Runner 9 3 4 7, Dodge, +ST, Block, BigHand, TwoHeads, Horns

In these two examples the Animated Corspes would be raised as follows:

Wardancer Corpse: 5 3 3 7, Jump Up, Peaked
Gutter Runner Corpse: 5 3 3 7, Big Hand, Two Heads, Horns, Peaked

The Gutter Runner Corpse is the better player in certain instances, with 3 traits under his belt, but a Jump Up AG3 Zombie is pretty cool too. Neither one of these have the ability to gain new skills though, so that severly hampers their effectiveness in the long term. And not having Regen makes them easy bait for a boot to the head or a bad block.

What do you all think of this method?

Athoria

Edit: I forgot to change the maximum AV.

Last edited by Athoria on %b %12, %2004 - %20:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
Athoria

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2004 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

The reason for having both options is because of players like dwarves that have such low MV and AG already. Even if you had a Longbeard with 4 3 2 9, Block Tackle Think Skull, Stand Firm - It woul turn out to be a Animated Dawrf with 2 3 1 8, Thick Skull, Stand Firm. I suppose that is good as a lineman to just stand there and take hits, but with no regn, he will die fast. And having a MV of 2 will keep him from standing up half the time when he falls down.

Athoria

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2004 - 02:00 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm i dont like the idea of keeping all traits, just the physical ones... i cant imagine a zombie doing a jump-up, but if the corpse has a claw why cant it use it??? or thick skull... its not like you can *forget* how to use thick skull...

i think the players AG should be cut to 2 regardless, undead shouldnt have more than 6 ag 3 players, the spastic nature of their linemen keeps them in check....
MixX

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2004 - 13:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like this idea, BUT:

1) the player has a claw: yeah, but he doesn't have the brain control to open and close it anymore, it's just something he uses to whack opponents with
2) you can't forget to use thick skull: well, the player died so his skull wasn't thick enough (maybe it was cracked when he died, and thus is no longer "thick"?)

these are just examples, but you can easily justify why the players don't keep the skills

here's a few more: (I have nothing better to do)

Big Hand, Extra Arms, RSC, : same as Claw
Foul Appearance: well, can't figure that one out.. but maybe he "dries out" once his flesh is no longer living, and the smell etc. with it?
Horns: hmm... should keep that, I guess, but I don't see Zombies doing bull-rushes anyway
Prehensile Tail: it's just hanging there
Spikes: weeeellll... can't really say anything to that one, but I wouldn't see it as a problem either.
Tentacles: same as Prehensile Tail
Two Heads: I never found out why having an extra head makes DODGING easier, but anyway. A zombie is not even using it's FIRST head anyway, is it?
Very Long Legs: zombies just don't move that fast.
 Jump to: