12 coaches online • Server time: 06:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Like the minis?
Yes i love them!
80%
 80%  [ 96 ]
I dont like them
19%
 19%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 119

jimimothybodles

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

gw = rip off Evil or Very Mad

fumbbl = excellent value! Wink
Gertwise

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

GW does rip ya off, but I'm glad they are making new mini's anyway. You can usually find them on Ebay a lot cheaper.

The thought is always in the back of my mind on how long they will let fumbbl go on without saying anything.
Colin

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

These minis are quoted as being 16 players for £30 - at under £2 per mini for work of this quality, I'd say that's very reasonable. Those spikes can be pared down a bit easily enough...does anyone know who the sculptor was?

Only including 3 Blitzers in the 16 is a pain - I'd still rather make a minor conversion to an extra Blitzer than buy the Griff model - those Star Players are far too expensive, and rather huge to boot, from what I have heard.

I checked the scale, using the painted photos as guidance - assuming the bases are 25mm across, they should all be around 32-33 mm in height, which is the same size as the Dark Elf minis I used for comparison. They seem to be a bit bulkier, though - no bad thing, I suppose.

I'd be interested to know what the greens with no arms are in the showcase cabinet - are they the linos, or something else?

It's a shame there won't be any more minis for a while - it would be nice to have a couple of redone teams available by the time BB is relaunched (with PBBL rules) in 2006 or 2007. Most urgently required are for me Wood Elves (I really hate the 3rd ed ones), and of course a new Chaos (Renegade) team (plug, plug), a multipart kit with lots of mutated heads and limbs to choose from (I have it on record that AlcingRagaholic would spend money on them Wink). I suppose a few other of the main teams will get a makeover first, though.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 10:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Are these GW minis? Somehow i doubt it ...

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 10:35 Reply with quote Back to top

wow. those look amazing damnit, I shouldn't spend more money in bloodbowl but... who am I trying to convince? I'm so gonna buy that team once I find it here.
GJEM7

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I love them Surprised but its a shame about the couler and can you paint hm or do they come like that
Adar

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

The miniatures are great, I hate the spikes but those can be filed off so they aren't too much of a problem.

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I belong to the bunch of people who dislike them. I like the dynamic poses and individuality, but I hate those spikes- though they can be filed off. Generally I prefer the old minis, they look better than these new ones. And as many have said before me, the color theme is horrific.
monboesen

Post   Posted: Apr 24, 2005 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Dislike the spikes ?

Hell only now I'm beginning to understand why so many BB players are permanently injured or outright killed on the field.

Love those new models.
SnakeSanders

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

pics are back up Smile
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Apr 26, 2005 - 13:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Everyone seems to dislike the spikes, I seem to feel they are a tad on the overlarge side, so i will be filing them down ;]
I will probably paint mine along the lines of the Pittsburg Steelers, Or the Chargers
There is also a dwarf team in the pipeline being sculpted , from what i gather from TBB. And As the price £30 for 16 minis, is pretty good value .
Me likes.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Colin wrote:
These minis are quoted as being 16 players for £30 - at under £2 per mini for work of this quality, I'd say that's very reasonable.

I'd agree. Compared to the £5 they are charging for star players this is nice return to sane prices.

Colin wrote:
Only including 3 Blitzers in the 16 is a pain

I don't think this is the case, but I'll try and find out.

Colin wrote:
It's a shame there won't be any more minis for a while

Aly Morrison is currently working on a new Dwarf team. Very Happy That's probably going to be next year's team.

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 01:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I prefer the second edition minis.
DM

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the new figs look great - the only thing that irks me is that they're lame plastic - and I hate plastic....
lauth81

Post   Posted: Apr 27, 2005 - 20:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I´ve seen the ad in the german White Dwarf - they´ll cost you 50 Euros. That´s a lot of money ... I won't buy them: Too much money for ugly minis.