49 coaches online • Server time: 16:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'Sgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Smess

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 22:36 Reply with quote Back to top

I've sent in a lot of support tickets, and all got dealt with pretty quickly.

Frankly, I think these guys do a great job.
Especially when you keep in mind that admins and security officers probably have a whole lot of other things to do in their life, besides handling support tickets.

I know I wouldn't do it, if I got offered the 'job'
It's a lot of hassle, and what do you get in return ?

So, cheers guys, and keep up the good work
Mully

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

You act as though it's his responsibility and obligation to do so. Any such obligations and responsiblities are things he took on himself. Who the Hell are you to say that he owes the 2,000 people here anything? Anything selfless that anyone here does for the community as a whole is a favor - and one that should be appreciated - not anticipated.

I didnt say he owed 2,000 coaches a [censorship is a wonderful thing] thing. I said there are 2,000 caoches using this site and that the 16 who voted in the poll represent less than 1% of that community. So to be mad at and boycott the other 99% who probably appreciate his time and effort is childish.

It's like me saying I dont want to be a monkey anymore cause Badmojo gives me shit in the forum. Why shoould I penalize all those ignorant coaches because of the ravings of one hard up Red Sox fan.

[lol almost makes me wish I had actually typed that in the brackets]

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
I didnt say he owed 2,000 coaches a [ edited for Mezir ] thing.

No, but you did imply that he owed you a changed skill roll because you misclicked something. Why? Because he did so in the past, purely as a favor to you and the other misclicking people of FUMBBL. That's an egregious lack of appreciation in my book.

Quote:
It's like me saying I dont want to be a monkey anymore cause Badmojo gives me [ something unpleasant ] in the forum. Why shoould I penalize all those ignorant coaches because of the ravings of one hard up Red Sox fan.

Actually, if you want to slip into analogies, we could try this one:

Once upon a time there was a bunny named Peikko. Peikko lived in a burrow on the footslopes of Mount FUMBBL. Peikko's burrow was right next to another burrow, this one owned by a badger named Mully. One day, Mully announced - to no one in particular - that he was moving to a new burrow over on the other side of Mount FUMBBL and he needed assistance. Peikko the Bunny - although he really didn't know Mully the Badger - offered to lend assistance because he had offered assistance to other neighbors in the past.

So, Peikko the metaphorical Bunny slaved away for hours helping Mully the Badger move all his crap to his new burrow. When it was all over, Mully the Badger came over to Peikko for a moment to share a few words. "Hey, what the Hell is wrong with you? That stuff was supposed to go in the living hole," said Mully the Badger, "You put it in the family room, dumbass. Now I have to move it all again."

Peikko the Bunny said, "Fine. I just won't help you next time." Sure enough, Mully the Badger had to move again. Trog the Weasel was just way too loud of a neighbor. As before, he asked again, of no one in particular, "Can anyone give me a hand moving all my stuff?" Needless to say, Peikko the Bunny declined to lend a hand.

So... in my in my little fable, who's the [ socially unacceptable fellow ]? Peikko the Bunny - for withholding his assistance for the second move - or Mully the Badger?

If that's too much of a stretch, we can go back to your own parable. How about if you said you didn't want to be an approval monkey any more because you just didn't want to do it any more. Do you think that's a valid reason?

How about if you didn't want to do it any more because everyone complained about everything you did? Would you get pissed if people rose up en masse (or in twos or threes, as the case may be) and said that you can't because you owe them prompt service.

I'm guessing you'd be pretty [ unhappy ] and you'd sling some of your famous Mully rants in their direction.

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %02, %2005 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:46
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

BMM: Classy use of the word 'egregious'. Good work that man.
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, have to agree with Mully on this one... somewhat, anyway...

Peikko has done a great job with the Stunty, and that can not have been easy, I think, looking through the threads about Big Guys... (50% were bound to be not very happy with it.)

But taking on the role of admin puts a bit of responsibility on your shoulders, and that responsibility shall not be put aside for a stupid poll (which probably isn't that serious anyway).
And, seriously, 16 votes in a poll like this... If that bugs him that much he really should look for another community to admin.

With that said, the conclusion is that he is doing a great job, and shouldn't be bothered by the poll...

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

You seem a tad grumphy Luke... sadly... So Peikko got elected, so what? I´m surprised to see him over Grum, but that's just my point of view... People come and go, it's the FUMBBL way, sad to see a guy like Peikko go on strike, regardless of the reason, but he has my full support in doing so, I might just have named it something else like a holiday or something like that, diplomacy is telling people to go to hell and they look forward to the journey...
So don't worry, be happy and then we might need one silverback more when people are to busy with the real life to hang around here 24/7, still things are a lot better than when we had to mail everything to Christer, people had a lot more patience...
last but not least, why a bunny? I get the point of it, but why a bunny?
DropDeadFred

Post   Posted: Jul 01, 2005 - 23:56 Reply with quote Back to top

lol love it bbm, that helped my slowmind alot Smile

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I don't think people should jump to conclusions about why Peikko hasn't worked all the support tickets.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Mojo - you are so far off on this, you have either had a bad day at work, or the Mrs hasnt given it up in a while.

Mojo wrote
Quote:

No, but you did imply that he owed you a changed skill roll because you misclicked something

Where was that implied? Anywhere? The answer is it wasn't. Even explaining it in the 2nd post wasn't clear enough for you.
Here is the quote again - try reading it carefully this time.
Quote:

I didnt say he owed 2,000 coaches a [censorship is a wonderful thing] thing. I said there are 2,000 caoches using this site and that the 16 who voted in the poll represent less than 1% of that community. So to be mad at and boycott the other 99% who probably appreciate his time and effort is childish.

And lets try and get your metaphor correct without your own personal slant.
Pick it up after the Bunny says "fine I wont help you next time".

Several days later, McAvity the Spammer decides to move across town and asks the Bunny for assistance, since that's what most Spammers do. The Bunny replied "Im not helping you anymore Spammer because the Badger was mean to me."

(As if the Spammer had anything to do with the Badger.)

Mojo
Quote:

How about if you said you didn't want to be an approval monkey any more because you just didn't want to do it any more. Do you think that's a valid reason?

That's an absolutely valid reason. And it very well could be the reason Peikko isn't doing skill changes. My response was based on a 2nd hand comment from Mez that it was because of that stupid Poll, and that IF that was the case, it was a stupid reason.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

peikko wrote:
Well, as strong runner up I think this calls for celebrations, and as such I will just celebrate. Thus I will not handle any support tickets or admin channel reguest, have fun! (hope this is enough to get ppl vote me more)

See here.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Mez - please edit all my "Ifs".

Thanks

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

The ifs were warranted, they can stay. Smile

Plus it'd be more work than I can be arsed to do.

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Re: The spammer fable:
I, personally, think it's absolutely within someone's rights to choose not to do someone a favor. I think that expecting people to do favors for you is a very bad idea. It's this sense of entitlement that drives me so [ I'm not even going to write it because I know Mez will edit it out anyway ] nuts.

When you ask someone for a favor, you should always be appreciative if they do it for you and respectful if they don't. You're no worse off than when you started and you were imposing on them to begin with.

How is this not [ pre-edited again ] obvious? Is the world insane or just me?

Mully wrote:
BadMrMojo wrote:

How about if you said you didn't want to be an approval monkey any more because you just didn't want to do it any more. Do you think that's a valid reason?

That's an absolutely valid reason. And it very well could be the reason Peikko isn't doing skill changes. My response was based on a 2nd hand comment from Mez that it was because of that stupid Poll, and that IF that was the case, it was a stupid reason.

You walked right into that one...

So you're saying it's valid to stop if you just don't want to do it anymore.
You are also saying it's invalid to stop if you just don't want to do it anymore because people are ungrateful?

Seems like a pretty arbitrary distinction - bordering on hypocrisy.

Just to clarify, in case you missed it, that means that it's valid to do (or not do, in this case) something without a good reason for doing so, but invalid to do the exact same thing if it serves any personal purpose. So, if you help little old ladies across the street, but don't know why, that's ok. If you help little old ladies across the street because helping others makes you feel good about yourself and your place in the community, then you're childish.

Double standards: Because 2 is more than one and therefore better!

Last edited by BadMrMojo on %b %02, %2005 - %01:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
Freezer2k

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 00:49 Reply with quote Back to top

What are some guys moaning about??? I mean, these people do it for free!
Exclamation For free!!! Exclamation
Exclamation For free!!!!!!!!! Exclamation
Exclamation For free!!!!!!!!!!!! Exclamation

if the admins would shut the site down for half a year or maybe longer time, imho we couldn´t blame them, because they do it for free!!!!!

they do a great job and if they want to stop for any reason they can do it. I would be sorry if they do, because I love this game but it´s their own choice. so imo we don´t need to talk about reasons why the bunny wouldn´t help anymore, but rather how we could make life easier for the admins Very Happy
The_Mighty_Ren

Post   Posted: Jul 02, 2005 - 01:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Let us just buy Peikko a present and be done with it.

EDIT- you'd think with an eleven word sentence there wouldn't be that many spelling mistakes. . .

EDIT2: I check grammar for a living, Smile

Last edited by The_Mighty_Ren on %b %02, %2005 - %02:%Jul; edited 1 time in total
 Jump to: