65 coaches online • Server time: 21:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Firesky

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Mully wrote:
Lesson learned : always state which team is playing BEFORE you load it up

yep, that´s the best way to avoid such lame tricks

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice that half of the story is told here.

What could have been mentioned was that looking logs Voorn offered his team to play this coaches orcs and this other coach agreed and joined with his only orc team that was in 40str rule. Now if you count this half of the story in too, why would this other coach have thought Voorn was thinking on playing some illegal match that cannot be uploaded after game? Simpliest way to avoid misunderstandings is to not be so lazy and use team name when making offers to play.
Agrak

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:08 Reply with quote Back to top

The guy who's being called a cheat here is me. I'd like to give my side of things.
Firstly, the reason the admin decided the game should go ahead was that the team that played was the only one close enough in TS to Voorn's skaven, and this is the team i brought. If the game had gone ahead with the team he supposedly wanted, it wouldn't have counted. As for only one team being registered, that's a plain lie, which can easily be checked.
Also, it can easily be seen by perusing my teams that I don't cherrypick; otherwise my winning record be a whole lot higher.
The way things appeared to me, and to the admin, is that Voorn was actually trying to cherrypick my weaker orc team, to play a game that wouldn't have counted anyway.
It's true that my teams have very similar names, something which I am considering changing; but that needn't be an issue, you should use team names when booking a game, not just race.
If he had asked me politely to not play the game he decided he didn't like the odds of, I would have agreed; but instead he insulted me, disconnected and filed a support ticket against me, after a few choice insults. This is what brought the matter to the attention of admin.
It then took another hour of this childish behaviour before he finally played the game, under duress from admin, all the while insulting me, lying to admin and me and generally being a child.
If at any time he'd spoken to me politely about just cancelling it I would have. Instead I got a load insults and childish behaviour.

Here's the point. Name the team you want to play. There's no way someone can cheat if you state your intentions clearly. Remember, the original chat conversations can be used in evidence to prove who's telling the truth - it worked for me.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, the joys of expanding community. Play me, I'm honest.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Don't play MrMojo, he is a sneaky bastard Very Happy

Play me instead, I'm honest. Wink

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

play me, im really honest. really.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 12:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I´m not honest, but play me anyway!!!
Optihut

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

It's odd that the admins would force you to play the game, as the rules state that you don't have to play when someone shows up with a different team. EDIT: Ah, upon reading the second page of the thread and Agrak's explanation it is clear now. In that case, I fully understand the mods' reaction to the OP's support ticket.

One time someone had his teams on gamefinder and I told him "Well, I'd like to play against your skaven team" He asked "With which team?" I said "Oh, I don't mind, just pick any team" obviously referring to mine. So he picked a team of mine and logged in with a different team than his skaven...

I did play the match, but edited my fouling policy for that match to include his team. Hopefully the dirty player discourages that guy to perform such team shuffles in the future.
torsoboy

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I have multiple human teams, so I always ask just to clear up any confusion. Another way of stating which team you mean is by stating the team's TR/TS, though it will screw you over if you buy a star or wizard afterwards (the TS changes).

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one team was registered to play. The team that was registered was within 40tr of my own team so I had thought it was playable. I had not realized that it goes by team strength. So I had assumed that the team that was registered was within range. If the team registered was not playable, he should have said so rather then bring in a ringer team that was not. Then afterward spent an hour insulting me and forcing a game that was not ever intended. The childish behavior towards me was uncalled for. I can understand how many people prey upon noob players using this dirty trick, but that makes it no less shamefull.
I might note that afterward, he did his best to pettily kill or maim each member of my team (no way possible for my weakened team to even try to fight back) with no regard to scoring or winning the game. I know this because fouls and crowd pushing do not give spp while scoring does.
Since there was only the single team registered, there should have been no need to specifiy the particuler team name as the was only one looking for a game.
As for cherry picking, asking a player to play a game with a team that has more players then my own and those players each being stronger with more skills is not cherry picking. I was asking a superior teasm to play. He then brought a vastly superior team to cherry pick a free game. As he had intended all along and even ADMITTED in the game itself.

Rereading the previous post, I need to say that I commend Torsoboy for making sure to clear it up when asked to play. If you have multiple teams of the same race, it is your responsibilty to make sure which team is meant rather then bring an unregistered team or just picking and choosing to bring the one you want with no regards to the one the opponant is intended.
peikko

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Voorn wrote:
He then brought a vastly superior team to cherry pick a free game. As he had intended all along and even ADMITTED in the game itself.

Please... http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6841
For someone playing vs str 35 goblins you make awfully lot of noise about cherry picking.
Curro

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

Quote:

Voorn wrote:
He then brought a vastly superior team to cherry pick a free game. As he had intended all along and even ADMITTED in the game itself.

Please... http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=6841
For someone playing vs str 35 goblins you make awfully lot of noise about cherry picking.

LOL. well said!
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish I could pick some cherry sometimes...

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread needs to be locked.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2005 - 13:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course I tried to kill his players. What's an orc gonna do?
I registered three teams, not one and there is easily obtainable evidence to support this.
Anyone Voorn, chill out, lets have a game and make up, mate.