26 coaches online • Server time: 10:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spinball

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 05:20 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Bulls SF/Dodge - personal choice, both are excellent. I tend to go SF as it isnt cancellable like dodge hence more usefull if the team reaches high TR.

Mino - Position wherever you wnt to hurt stuff. Best blitz early on offense so thge bulls can start using the blitz, best blitz into dense opponent cloud so likelyhood of targets on further turns is higher.

Hobgobs- its taste again here. 1-2 with sure hands. A DP if you like that sort of thing. Block of course. Dodge or guard on doubles. Maybe a kicker if you dont want to give a cdb that.

very well said again!! Also of note, if a mino gets doubles get tenticles especially on this team it is handy...
Order I would take is Tent, Block, RSC, Foul Apperence. If you ever get more then 4 doubles rolls with a Mino....nevermind
Oblitzamanger

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

It has been said in this thread ( I think by purplechest) that the bulls do everything. If that is so, how do the hobbos get SPPs? Should I let them get that occasional TD?

That means you.
DocZed

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 13:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Here are some defensive formations i like:

M = mino
C = CD blocker
H = hobbo
-- = Empty
. = just to make the line more readable

----------C--M--C----------
----C--C----------C--C----
--H--------B----B-------H--

----C--C----------C--C----
--B--------H----H-------B--

--C----C----------C----C--
----H------B----B-----H----

.----------C--M--C----------
.--B----C----------C----B--
----C------H----H------C----

.----------B--M--B----------
.--C----C----------C----C--
----C------H----H------C----

.----------B--M--B----------
.----C--C----------C--C----
--C--------H----H--------C--

the last 2 are just against very slow teams
Vanguard

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 13:23 Reply with quote Back to top

never put a mino at the los
he is expensive, wa if he is prone and he has av8
when you wana put a str 5 player at los then buy a troll /av9 reg
and till now noone said that mino prevent the sideline fielded, what is also funny.
ok you are right mino need a lot of blitzes and i wouldnt do important stuff with him likeball carryer blitzes. but he is a pain vs low ag teams if he blitzes and go into several tz after it, and because he dont need assists to act like troll he is then gold worth, vs elfs he suck .... like all big guys ^^ except at low tr then you slaughter them with a 3 dice mino Smile
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 13:54 Reply with quote Back to top

only one thing to do here - and that is WATCH ALOT off games including cd´s and perhaps view some replays (more boring though)

I have a troll on my cd team - mainly because he has regen. It is really nice a can save him and/or another player per game. On top of that - neither the minitaur or the troll have enough ma to be used as sweeper on a team with bulls.

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't pull the bulls on the los either as just has been suggested - and specifically NOT against slow teams. Slow teams usually have several players with st4+ and/or guard. They'll get your bulls down. And will manage to keep them down. A CD team that only has cdwarves and hobgobs to act with is quite limited.

Cdwarves on the LOS. They come with block, av9 and thick skull right away.

-Mnemon
mymLaban

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 16:21 Reply with quote Back to top

i have allways used minos on my chaos and CD teams but as i gained more experienced i found that minos are just to weak, on a CD or chaos team you just cant afford to use your apo on the mino every other game CDs have no problems setting up 3 tough dwarfs on the line but chaos :/ thats another matter and the mino just cant take the heat on the LOS just like the Rat ogre for that matter, but the troll on the other hand is the thoughest of all big guys maybe except the Tree if you consider av10 being nicer / safer then av9 with regen ...im not sure on that one, but the troll remains a solid rock on the LOS on any team.
Many people think that RS (really stupid) is alot worse then Bonehead and well it is alittle worse ofcourse since you need one beside him but thats not much of a problem on the los since you have 2 CDs next to the troll allready, allso the 3+ roll you have to make when the troll is alone is no worse then the 3+ the mino allso have to make every time its not blocking or blitzing and thats pretty often imo since its allways a risk when blocking with a big guy since they cant use rrs and prolly dont have block either.

my 2 cents.

mymLaban

Edit: a good example of how much weaker the mino is, is my chaos halfling team under past players i have 1 troll that i lost to early age but i have 6 or 7 minos lost in combat :/ and my first troll on the team is still playing with no injs and allmost 170 spp
HunterX

Post   Posted: Apr 08, 2006 - 19:39 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Bulls SF/Dodge - personal choice, both are excellent. I tend to go SF as it isnt cancellable like dodge hence more usefull if the team reaches high TR.

That is currently true. If and when Vault rules become adopted, Juggernaut will cancel SF, iirc. Exclamation
deckerCKY

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 03:46 Reply with quote Back to top

well...that won't apply as SF will be a normal S skill and will lose the dodging side of the skill.
Alibaba

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2006 - 05:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played few games with cd, wont give all my best tips, but some.. Use 3 cd in middle of the line clustered that way you minimize blocks thrown and your line will go back only 1 square.. leave sides open, but not too much.. leave 4 squares space.. elfs and running teams will build their box here.. keep your hobos and bulls free.. if opp tries to brake from side.. try to prevent him moving.. meaning place your players so that he is tied near sideline and it will be hard for him to move.. use mino to brake boxs corner and try to get dwarf or bull next to ball carrier, if you got SF bull.. he is great there.. try to bind his players and keep all important blocks at max 1 dice or 2 dice for you.. when you attack.. bash him dead and walk over dead bodies.. skills for players, bull- block, BT, strip doubles SF/dodge (frenzy).. I actually prefer guard as a second skill, but its just me and my playing style... mino- guard, BT with doubles block... dwarfs guard, mb.. doubles sf.. hobos.. sure hand hobo and kicker hobo, next skill block.. and dp if you feel like it.. thats about it..
 Jump to: