58 coaches online • Server time: 19:03
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Inscription JBL Sais...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 11:44 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Sysiphos wrote:
I have sacked all my nigglers immidiately. All but one... this one... http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2911935

sys, link also the tournament you play in

I am playing in ranked division.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 02, 2006 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sysiphos wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
Sysiphos wrote:
I have sacked all my nigglers immidiately. All but one... this one... http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=player&player_id=2911935

sys, link also the tournament you play in

I am playing in ranked division.

so as I thought, you're off-topic Wink

The question was about what to do with nigglers in a close format league.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Scheduled leagues tend to be a lot more... ugly than ranked play. If you play elves you can ill afford to fire players unless you have a 14 or 15 man squad. (and even then a blodge/sidestep line-elf with a niggle is a lot better than a rookie). Use the nigglers as line fodder.

The best advice in this thread is on what you should fire (positionals). If your linemen niggles, so what? He's useful in the 5/6 games that he plays and he won't detract from the team other than with the increased tr (which isn't all that bad, if you think about a high tr team tend to be favoured over a low tr team so the handicaps doesn't fill the gap). Positionals is very important though. If your chaos warrior or human blitzer gets a niggle you should usually give him the boot as your team is at a serious disadvantage when that +st/guard player is missing.

If you take a look at my chaos team that plays in the Swedish league I'll give a rundown on my current plans for my nigglers:

The block/guard chaos warrior just aged after the last match. He will be replaced as soon as I can afford it (probably just one match). The niggled claw/mb/tackle chaos warrior is very useful, his niggle gives me constant headache but I don't plan to fire him until I manage to get guard on all my other chaos warriors (and hopefully a clawed beastman). The two beastmen... well in themselves they arent' much of a problem as I can afford them being away now and then but as I have more niggles on the team and a high tr the threat of virus is getting too great so I'm going to get rid of the big hand/kick beastmen when I have developed another kicker (don't use the big hand player much now when I have two ag4 players).

Now this reasoning might sound weird for the ranked player but I value a deep bench a lot. I have three dirty players and I use them until they get ejected. If my bench get worse in a match because of a niggle I might foul less in that match but if I had a blockless reserve I would have to play almost like if he wasn't there.

But to finish of this long blabla-post I'm to give you a more relevant advice: At <200 tr (which you are going to be at for a while) you shouldn't fire a niggler unless it gives you an extra handicap in an important match. In many matches it feels good to have a player you don't care for at the LoS against a khemri team.

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Tinkywinky wrote:
Scheduled leagues tend to be a lot more... ugly than ranked play. If you play elves you can ill afford to fire players unless you have a 14 or 15 man squad. (and even then a blodge/sidestep line-elf with a niggle is a lot better than a rookie). Use the nigglers as line fodder.

The best advice in this thread is on what you should fire (positionals). If your linemen niggles, so what? He's useful in the 5/6 games that he plays and he won't detract from the team other than with the increased tr (which isn't all that bad, if you think about a high tr team tend to be favoured over a low tr team so the handicaps doesn't fill the gap). Positionals is very important though. If your chaos warrior or human blitzer gets a niggle you should usually give him the boot as your team is at a serious disadvantage when that +st/guard player is missing.

If you take a look at my chaos team that plays in the Swedish league I'll give a rundown on my current plans for my nigglers:

The block/guard chaos warrior just aged after the last match. He will be replaced as soon as I can afford it (probably just one match). The niggled claw/mb/tackle chaos warrior is very useful, his niggle gives me constant headache but I don't plan to fire him until I manage to get guard on all my other chaos warriors (and hopefully a clawed beastman). The two beastmen... well in themselves they arent' much of a problem as I can afford them being away now and then but as I have more niggles on the team and a high tr the threat of virus is getting too great so I'm going to get rid of the big hand/kick beastmen when I have developed another kicker (don't use the big hand player much now when I have two ag4 players).

Now this reasoning might sound weird for the ranked player but I value a deep bench a lot. I have three dirty players and I use them until they get ejected. If my bench get worse in a match because of a niggle I might foul less in that match but if I had a blockless reserve I would have to play almost like if he wasn't there.

But to finish of this long blabla-post I'm to give you a more relevant advice: At <200 tr (which you are going to be at for a while) you shouldn't fire a niggler unless it gives you an extra handicap in an important match. In many matches it feels good to have a player you don't care for at the LoS against a khemri team.

I agree with the tactical advices tinky gave (normal it's very similar to mine :p ).

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a question...

Do I retire this guy?

The team plays in a closed league.

I'm giving 3 and 4 handicaps to most everyone in the league. Can't decide if he's worth the TR bloat considering Niggle roll+Virus chance.
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: May 05, 2006 - 20:58 Reply with quote Back to top

No you cant retire him! You need him to kill people!