52 coaches online • Server time: 19:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
First skill for Black Orcs
Block
92%
 92%  [ 119 ]
Mighty Blow
4%
 4%  [ 6 ]
Guard
2%
 2%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 128

ex-convict

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps give him MB or guard if he was your 4th BoB to skill and if the others already have block, but if hes the 1st or 2nd BoB to skill, get block. Then he can lead your green tidal wave assualt.

Don't drop the soap.
shagga

Post   Posted: May 14, 2006 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I had a BoB recently that got double 5 on his 1st skill roll and I still gave him block. If you like using the cage then a blockless BoB can be more trouble than he's worth.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 08:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I go normally the Block, Mighty Blow, Guard route...

The only two things when i change it towards Mighty Blow, Block, Guard are

1. the BOB got the MVP and has already 10 or more spp´s... then it is very short to reach the Block skill
2. the BOB needs to get spp´s asap (replacements on higher tr) where i also accept both down results again av7 and av8 teams.

Generally i find the BOBs are the heart of an orc team so you should really care of developing them (i always try to score with em if possible)
BHeaded

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 09:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think ,ost people agree Block is the obvious answer. A more difficult question I think is what to give your BOB if you roll a double for your first skill. Will you then still go with Block?
Laviak

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
I had a BoB recently that got double 5 on his 1st skill roll and I still gave him block. If you like using the cage then a blockless BoB can be more trouble than he's worth.

To me, that seems like a waste of a double - they don't come along *that* often Wink - surely Frenzy or Stand Firm (or even Dodge/Sidestep) would be more useful in the long run? (SF would probably be my choice).

coffindodger

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 10:58 Reply with quote Back to top

On a double i'd go with frenzy, otherwise take block to begin with.

BFN

Paul
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:14 Reply with quote Back to top

doulbes are stand firm, frenzy or diving tackle - depending on your play style
MiBasse

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

One could make the arguement that Stand Firm is better if you regulary face good coaches and Frenzy is better if you face less than skilled coaches, as a good coach will just make a MA4 Frenzy character more trouble than he's worth and mess up proper caging.
Sysiphos

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:21 Reply with quote Back to top

One could make the argument that a st4 frenzy players rocks a sideline... and can help scoring a one-turner

Last edited by Sysiphos on %b %15, %2006 - %14:%May; edited 1 time in total
koadah

Post   Posted: May 15, 2006 - 14:23 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
One could make the arguement that Stand Firm is better if you regulary face good coaches and Frenzy is better if you face less than skilled coaches, as a good coach will just make a MA4 Frenzy character more trouble than he's worth and mess up proper caging.

I dunno about having frenzy without block. I'd say stand firm.

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 22:06 Reply with quote Back to top

To get 16 spp's without block can be a long time to wait and SF means you're giving your opponent more than one chance often to knock him down. Personally I'd rather waste the double and get keep him alive but I play a running game and often use my BoB's to tie up my opponents players so I think block is essential. My orc team is above TR200 also so dodge is a pointless skill more often than not on a AG2 player in my opinion, maybe I'd consider it if my team was below TR150. My favourite skill mix for a BoB would have to be Block, MB, Guard, SF in that order so I wasn't bothered about wasting a double. A least we agree the +ma was pointless.
seouledout

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 22:12 Reply with quote Back to top

One simple fact... If you can't knock players down, then you can't cause casualties.

Block, but I certainly see your point about MB.
Hoodeddwarf

Post   Posted: May 17, 2006 - 22:28 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know about anyone else but i think my BOB's would skill up faster with block than with mb as a first skill. If they have block, then i am much more inclined to block with them, and they knock a couple more blockless players over. That mb will come. Just try and score with them once in a while, and hell if you've got one on 5 or 15spp and 1 turn left give him a chance at the completion, he'd like that ; )
LordSnotball

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

With some vamps i tried a 'race' to see if the Block vamp would get skilled first, or the MB one would. In the end, from 3 matches, the 2 vamps got 3 mvps, which made it pointless...

if you put MB on, you just need to block last with the player... and using chain blocks you don't have to blitz w him either, the rest of your team pushes players towards him *grin*

if you put block, then you cage better, and your opponent dodges away more often...

The Congregation - Always Recruiting
[url=http://igolocal.net/badge.php?user_id=1949]Image [/url]
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 20, 2006 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The key is getting SF AND Frenzy (and Block). Then you can party like it's 1999!