32 coaches online • Server time: 09:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which method do you prefer
Method 1:- As you were
21%
 21%  [ 32 ]
Method 2:- All-Comers Mayhem
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
Method 3:- Best fit
51%
 51%  [ 75 ]
Other Method
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Cake is better than pie
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
I really don't care for whatever reason, but i still like to vote for things
10%
 10%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 147

Grumbledook

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2010 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I agree with the above three posts and that is why I don't think a fumbbl only TS system is needed.

I also don't think banning TV sitting would really work either, at what point does it become TV sitting and when does it just become standard TV management at the high end to ensure you don't get shafted by spiralling expenses for example? Things that are down to admin discretion are always going to have marginal cases where people get upset, so adding them when they aren't really needed causes extra work, hassle and friction.

I personally think that anyone just playing the minimum TV difference every game are basically cherry picking anyway (IMO). I can understand why some coaches won't want to play massive TV differences but mixing in games with 300-400 difference every now and again (it is random remember) ads more variety and dare I say fun to proceedings? I'd get bored min maxing the team to that extent and it is far more fun to challenge higher rated teams every now and again, or play lower teams and have to deal with stars as well than just to play the same old thing over and over.

Has this been an issue anywhere else? I can't really see it being the problem as others have mentioned and I don't think there will be a simple elegant solution to it if it is. I'm all ears though.
On1

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2010 - 08:41 Reply with quote Back to top

How about testing TV to begin with?

If zons have a sweet spot, I'm quite sure some dorfs will fondle it sooner or later... As in... If there is a massive problem with certain teams at certain teamratings... I'm certain someone will make teams to counter those teams. Personally i don't see it as a problem.
uuni

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2010 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How bad is it to raise this topic again now that it has been announced that Box is the first division to transfer to FFB system?

Do people like to continue speculating about the method to use in pairing the FFB-Box matches?

What method would you prefer?
Calthor

Post   Posted: Dec 15, 2010 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Best Fit still rocks. Can't wait for it either...
JHassler

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2010 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

#3 Sounds awesome. I have played only a few box games in LRB4, but I have played a couple of TT tournaments LRB5/6 and when I was an underdog enjoyed the matches (and won more than lost). The newer ruleset makes me want to skip out on ranked altogether and go to [B] for reasons already stated.

Also, it creates an environment (#3) where you are very likely to get a game (unless there are odd number of entrants, right?)

Lastly, let me just make sure I udnerstand the draw... If only 2 people entered the draw it deosn't matter how far apart the TV difference, they would still get macthed, right? If that is #3, then I am for it.
Calthor

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Less than a month left to find out what FFBox has in store for us!
Who else is getting curious and excited?
BooAhl

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 21:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Me!
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 21:38 Reply with quote Back to top

\o/
Pulpo_Fiction

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing my 2nd board league with 6.0, and i can say that with the inducements, the TR difference is not so hard as it was before. U can get some nice stars to get a balanced game, as well as bloodweiser girls, extra aphos, bribes... is true that some things are not yet implemented on FFB, but seems that we have enough right now.

The question is that if i have to play a game with new skavens vs 140 TR Orcs it would be so bad with 2 stars to help and some BW girls... for example. I didnt tried it with highers TR, but IMHO the problem wont be for the lower TR team, instead of that, the higher TR team will be the disadvantaged... for example a game between TR 210 vs 240 is not so unbalanced, and the star for the lower TR team could be too much for the game. This could be even worse for the same race teams game...

A way for start could be to run FFBox without TS system, and test how it works with the inducements system, with a TR diff <50 for the games for the draw, and nothing else... then, if we are happy with that, get the test out and make it a competitive division. I know that another Test sucks a bit, but a competitive division with a too artificial draw could be even worse.
On1

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 22:17 Reply with quote Back to top

i would say best fit, within XX-TV and then randomized. So that people do not face the same teams over and over. And also to add some inducements in games, some races actually benefit from this Razz gief fling chefs!

edit: i agree with above post.. i was writing this post while he finished it Smile
tragedy4you

Post   Posted: Dec 20, 2010 - 22:33 Reply with quote Back to top

It might sound simple but: If there is no Rule in LRB6 against managing your Team at a certain TV why bother on FUMBBL?
Box should be set up by what the majority of the Community wishes for. We know all that there is no Way at all to justify everyones wishes.

Put up some Rules all can agree on and if you don't like it in the Box play another Division. So far Christer came up with good Solutions in the Past and i have faith in him to make this happen so fun can be had.

Besides, this is the only Client that supports LRB6 to full Extent and Cyanide doesnt even support Chaos Dwarfs or any LRB6 Race. So shouldn't we be a bit proud that our Community does the real Thing? Not haggling over Minorities =D
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

either way is moot, because billbrasky will still (falsely) claim that B is cherrypicker free, and continue trashing on anyone who doesn't play in the division

--j

ImageImage
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 15:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ahh but while you refuse to play Box Shadow it will be cherrypicker free \o/
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 21, 2010 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
either way is moot, because billbrasky will still (falsely) claim that B is cherrypicker free, and continue trashing on anyone who doesn't play in the division

--j

And some will still (falsely) claim that Blackbox is full of bashers, but hopefully the majority can see through those arguments.

The truth, which many recognise, is that Blackbox is just a different style of playing the same game and the more coaches in it, the more variety.
 Jump to: