41 coaches online • Server time: 16:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2008 - 17:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Alright - challenges for the 6th round of the King of the Hill Challenge have been resolved:

Tier 5 challenge:
This sir, is my boot challenges Natures Blood Bath

Comment: With BiggieB unresponsive and Peter_Thorpe still on holiday, the orcs had no contestants for their challenge.

Tier 4 challenges:

Killing on the Hill challenges the Restless Reptiles
Conscious Insanity challenges the Curious Incident
Weird Als challenge the Hill of Corpses

Comment: Conscious Insanity won the cointoss over Natures Bloodbath and the khemri were unchallenged, so they could wait until one opponent was left for them. Meanwhile the necros managed to sneak their challenge in - the Hill of Corpses was not interesting.

Tier 3 challenges:
The Pepsi Max Boys challenge Out of this dirt hole!
The Freedom Fighters Forever challenge the Whirling Wonders

Comment: The dwarves were the only ones that dared to challenge my Highelves as first priority. So the newcomer to tier 4 has the chance to rise again. On the other hand, Hicl had now the longest period without a successful challenge, so when the Whirling Wonder coach announced his holiday, Hicl was sure to make his challenge.

Tier 2 challenge:
Mithril Mine Diggers challenge Embalmer`s Workshop
Fantasy`s Finest challenge the Lady Death Dancer

Comment: This was the first time, two teams with fluff-votes were tied. With the dwarves getting to challenge the beaten up undeads due to their seniority, both elven teams were fighting for the right to challenge those necros. Highelves had more supporter, but the woodies had rigged the dice - their challenge prevailed.

Battle for the Crown:
Boyz from the Dorf challenge the Soulless Revival

Comment:
In their 4th clash now within the tourney, the ex-champion is trying to win back the crown, now that two other contenders have failed. Can the Boyz wrest the title from the hands of the undead? I`m not sure, but they have good chances - especially if Jake Bullet is fit to play. The mighty blows of that slayer against the weakened armor of the kings guard-mummy might result in a KO or worse at the most opportune of times. With 70k to spend, everyone is wondering, if a new longbeard will be hired for the match or if dwarven rune lore will be bought to augment the team.

Deadlines for the matches:
Monday, 11th of August, 23:59 bbtime.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2008 - 19:20 Reply with quote Back to top

All challenges have been set up as match now. If you have a challenge, but your team is NOT locked, then please contact me.
McVily

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

errr...guys...I'm on vacation since 3rd Augusts so I can't play this challenge, remember.... I already posted this info before...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2008 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry.. there was a chance that you could play - challenges were posted yesterday and you vacation was announced to start today.

Plus everyone else who goes on vacation just accepts, that they miss a round and lose a tier.
McVily

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2008 - 12:16 Reply with quote Back to top

CircularLogic wrote:
Sorry.. there was a chance that you could play - challenges were posted yesterday and you vacation was announced to start today.

Plus everyone else who goes on vacation just accepts, that they miss a round and lose a tier.

That's ok... but I'm sure that opponents had in mind to actually play the game, when posted the challenge, not to get forfeit... That's why I posted info in first place...

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2008 - 13:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Well... if there is no chance of playing, then I`ll fortfeit, so that your opponent can play a friendly this round.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2008 - 12:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Round 6 closed - the champ is still sitting uncontested at the top. Will round 7 will see him fall?

Round 7 challenges are open - Deadline is Tuesday, 19th of August, 18:00 bbtime.

I also want to welcome our latest addition to the challenge:
Honne has decided to sex up our league with some ferocious amazons.
GeneralMarauder

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2008 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

So do you really have to sit on top for 7 games to win the challenge?
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 17, 2008 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Nope.. it had been reduced to five games a few rounds ago. So you are nearly there... two more matches to win.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 18, 2008 - 17:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Another coach joins the rumble: Welcome kufel007 and his orcs.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2008 - 11:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Tier 5 Challenges:
The Dynasty Shade Warriors challenge 'This sir, is my boot'
Da Orkkz challenge Conscious Insanity
The Avengers Of Wonder challenge Killing on the Hill

Comment:
Da Orkkz won the cointoss over and got to challenge the beaten up Darkies of Conscious Insanity while Peter_Thorpes humans sneaked in their challenge against This sir, is my boot uncontested. That left the tier 5 khemri for the amazons - though match.. lets see if dodge works it`s magic.
Tough luck for Nature`s Blood Bath - having already played three of the six tier 5 teams in previous rounds, the teams they actually could play all got their challenge through, leaving the chaos without a game.

Tier 4 Challenges:
True Jit challenges the Weird Als
The Hill of Corpses challenges the Whirling Wonders
The Monty Python all stars challenge the Curious Incident.

Comment:
Three teams were challenging the Weird Als - the humans won here due to having defended their spot more often. This allowed the Monty Python all stars and McVily`s undead to pick their opponent uncontested.

Tier 3 Challenges:
The Pepsi Max Boyz challenge the Embalmer`s Workshop

Comment:
As the Boyz were the only team that felt strong enough to challenge. Due to their games in previous rounds, they could only choose between undead and khemri, so they picked the undead.

Tier 2 Challenges:

The Freedom Fighters Forever challenge the Boyz from the Dorf
'Out of this dirt hole!' challenges the 'Mithril Mine Diggers'

Battle for the Crown:
The Lady Death Dancer challenge Soulless Revival.

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %20, %2008 - %13:%Aug; edited 1 time in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 20, 2008 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

And just for the record - I hate dwarf-games back-to-back... though there wasn`t alot of choice given the fact that it was the necros turn to challenge the king.
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2008 - 18:18 Reply with quote Back to top

New Deadline for round 7:
Monday, 1st of September 2008, 12:00 bbtime.
krytie

Post   Posted: Sep 10, 2008 - 23:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Well done Treborius -- did what i couldn't manage in my last 2 attempts Smile

Post   Posted: Sep 11, 2008 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys... I`m back. Seems like the first season didn`t come to an end during my absence. Congratulations to treborius... now lets get those dwarves away from the top tiers... Wink
 Jump to: