22 coaches online • Server time: 06:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 14:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Stainless continues thier line of games without loosing, the 8th game in the streak was a draw against the Dark Elf team Subjugation.

Stainless 1-1 Subjugation

6 casulties against Stainless made it a very difficult game, especially since Stainless couldnt hurt Subjugation back (not for lack of trying).
An early 2 turn TD and some quality defencive play, saw the first half end with stainless in front, but as the injuries kept pilling on during the second half, the draw was inevitable.

Good game by Subjugation, who started the game at -59 TR, and didnt do that well on the handicap table (Bad Press, Knuckledusters and Bribe the Ref.)

Stainless is now leading the Quadrus Eradicus, but it is a teneative lead... 1 point ahead, with 2 more games played, than Web
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 12, 2007 - 15:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger All 2 - 1 Subjugation

Bugger All pulled off an amazing win against Wackogenius's Subjugation. Being down a troll and short on professional help, these grots played with a devil-may-care attitude which actually worked! The first score for the Buggers was the result of a Long Pass by Brill the Troll and a perfect landing by the grot. The second was a shocking gauntlet run by a grot who picked up the ball in a tz and ran it in with a reroll on the last gfi of course.

Having no hope does wonders for one's game. Thanks again wacko!

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans Suck Without Blitzers 1 - Skavenblight Fingerers 1

One of those games where the entire match is decided on one horrible dice roll. After stealing the ball running it in and holding off the rat's offence for a 1-0 lead at the half, we received the ball and started moving it forward under protection along the side. A lucky rat ogre blitz followed by my dauntless catcher failing his dauntless under reroll and then rolling a 1 and 2 for the rat ogre to choose from killed me. Couldn't recover despite putting up an excellent defense with my ss/dt catcher as the rats rolled 6 5 6 to pass the ball and dodge away from said catcher.

congrats on the tie nThatch you lucker and see you again soon
Azure

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 03:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Skavenblight Fingerers 2-0 Web
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1595245

The refs appeared to have it in for Web this game. The Fingerers got the ref in the first half and never stopped fouling from there. Web attempted to foul back, both times they fouled with the eye on the opponent and both times caught. The score was 1-0 at halftime in favor of the Fingerers. The second half started with only 6 players for Web on the field...outnumbered, the Fingerers reminded their opponent that their goal was to destroy the team, not just win the game...and so instead of scoring several times, they continued to foul, 3 times fouling with the eye on them but only getting caught the last time (on their second foul on the rat ogre - a SI-niggle). Their other fouls were just as deadly, the first two fouls of the second half were both RIPs. At one point in the second half Web only have 3 players on the field and could do nothing but stand them up and watch them get knocked down and fouled.

Well played as the nThatch again proved his point that he plays to destroy the other team as this makes it harder for them to win the tournament. He once again did a great job of this, helped by the ref he once again crushed a team. Well done!
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 04:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers in the Rye 1 - 2 Only Boys Need Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1595294

This was a mismatched game from the start, as the girls of OBNB took to the field against the understrength High Elves. A completely one-sided affair, the Catchers in the Rye only managed a miracle TD at the end of the first half. However, they did kill off one of the more experienced Amazon linewomen with a corwdpush.

Additionally, the much feared Antonia aged after the game, and is now a 5-5-2-7 Dodge, Pass, Tackle. She is now probably the single most unique player in all the NBL.

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Composer99

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 07:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers in the Rye 1 - 1 Skavenblight Fingerers
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1595308

A one-sided gore-fest, (4 cas to 1) and one that the Catchers might, with a better die roll late in the game, have won.

This game leaves the Catchers for the first time with a full roster since the start of their first game (albeit with 2 niggles!), and perhaps marks the beginning of an upward turn in their fortunes.

Kudos to nThatch, who took the devastation his team received with considerable grace!
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 16:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger All 2 - 0 SkavenBlight Fingerers

This match was all about bullying rats. Nobbla didn't need to do much. He was in the game for several drives but only used the saw once. The goblins played it mean and green and came off with an easy win.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Only Boys Need Block 0 - 2 Corrupted Proelves
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1595947

From turn 1, when the Amazon's Apothecary failed to prevent the death of Marcoa, it was a brutal game for Only Boys Need Block. OBNB saw 3 players die on the pitch - both of their Linewomen with Guard (bye-bye, doubles), and one of their tacklers. An additional niggle to their only Catcher rounded out a horrific defeat for the best-looking girls in the NBL. It will be a long, hard road to rebuild from this disaster, at least now the ladies no longer have to worry about cutting TR to fit into the Experience.

phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 07:01 Reply with quote Back to top

SkavenBlight Fingerers 0 - 2 Only Boys Need Block
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1596674

Both teams were badly in need of a recovery game going into this one. Thanks to a Virus outbreak among the Skaven, the game started as a 10-on-8 matchup, in favor of the Amazons. Several fouls and an ejection later, the ladies of OBNB managed to get the ball into the end zone at the end of the first half. The second half opened with a Rat Ogre frenzied blitz crowdpush and a general bashing of players (including an Amazon Linewoman who BH'ed herself on a both-down). Eventually, the 6 remaining Amazons faced down the 4 remaining Skaven, with the irrepressible Antonia taking on the Rat Ogre with the help of rookie Linewoman Mishel... In the end, the Rat Ogre fled their combined wrath as the remaining ladies forced their way into the endzone for the final score as time ran out.

HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Bugger All 0 - 4 Corrupted Proelves

Nobbla died on turn 3 after getting the saw started. After that things went downhill. All of the luck that Bugger All has had since beginning Quadrus was repo'ed. Fortunately, no one else was seriously injured.

The troll that earned the only SPP's also got the MVP. How lucky is that? Troll skills up.

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers in the Rye 5 - 0 Stainless

Well, this game started out bad, and quickly went downhill from there...

First, both my nigglers failed, ad that to the fact that 'Catchers in the Rye' got Morleys Revenge, and rolled a 3 on the d3. 2 of those didnt make it for the first drive, and since both his nigglers made it just fine, it was 7 (of my original 11) agianst 11.

'Catchers in the Rye' started out by KO'ing two of my 3 players on LOS, and from then on Stainless never had more than 5 players on field... throw in a bunch of ones (granted, i had to take a lot of chances, but still...) and the foundation for 'Stainless' biggest defeat yet was build...

My thanks to Composer99 for showing great sportsmanship, and refraining from maiming my poor team to pieces, even though he had 'Bribe the Ref.'
The friendly coaches, and games that are fun even when being beaten to smitherines, is part of what makes the NBL a great league.

P.S. im not saying that we dont bash each other to bits in this league, we do indeed, but we do it in a nice and friendly way Smile
princevaliant

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 19:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans Suck Without Blitzers 2 - Bugger All 1

What a match!

My opponent had nobbla, but as soon as I kicked it to him I got the ref and got pretty excited. After rolling snake eyes and another bad foul though I failed to do any damage. Everything fell apart and my team went to completely and utter crap, and nobbla happily sawed my team up all half. The only damage I did do was when my DP got free much later and fouled a goblin with knuckledusters for a MNG - not a fair trade, but something.

The second half started off with my opponent getting a blitz but utterly failing to take advantage of it due to bad dice. I ran in for a turn 2 touchdown and nobbla was banned finally. Then I started getting the CAS I had been waiting for all game, and my catchers ran deep to harass the lone goblin in the backfield. After more casualties and a lot of luck (nuffle had heard my cursing all game I guess) I managed to pass to a catcher in turn 8 and score the winning touchdown.

My opponent failed to pick up the ball and no TTM was possible. I love winning when the opponent has 10% more luck, according to the highly flawed luck meter

The powerful warpstone influence that seems to surround the NBL gifted my humans finally with their own +ST thrower, and my humans are looking forward to sucking it up in another tourney in the near future. Very Happy
phubar

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 20:35 Reply with quote Back to top

princevaliant wrote:

The powerful warpstone influence that seems to surround the NBL gifted my humans finally with their own +ST thrower...

Copycat. Razz

Habeli

Post 9 Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 14:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Corrupted proelves 4 - 0 NBL Blockheads
1/2/0 Casualties 1/1/0

Game got an unexepted turn on 2nd half as the elves fouled a KO against Blockheads' ogre, who's thickskull worked.
The foul offended thereisaball who blamed me playing against good sportsmanship. This started a huge conversation in #NBL.
After the game thereisaball left the group, which I feel sorry for, but the conversation lasted for quite some time.

I hope we learned something from this accident...
HunterX

Post   Posted: Mar 16, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Azure's Web has clinched first place in Quadrus Eradicus. CongRATulations! We can continue playing out the remaining games, or if there is no contestation, I can end the tournament and begin Experience II and recruit for another rookie tournament. Let me hear what y'all think!

Jump to: