13 coaches online • Server time: 02:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Oct 24, 2010 - 10:01 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd love to see a FFB Blackbox division, because that would mean that the shift to the new client is complete. I don't see why one of the official division should migate sooner than another though. Might as well do them all in 1 big bang.

Still, I'll sign because I too can't wait for the FFB client to become official.

Post   Posted: Oct 25, 2010 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

I suppose I could play FFB without the Box ...theoretically.

Anyone have any word on whether this is actually likely to happen any time soon?

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2010 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor wrote:
I suppose I could play FFB without the Box ...theoretically.

Anyone have any word on whether this is actually likely to happen any time soon?

What are you on about?

If the FULL release is near? Or are you talking about playing a game using the FFB client?

If you take a look at the bug section, it will give you an idea.
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2010 - 07:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm talking about FFBlackbox being implemented ...that is what the whole thread is about.

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2010 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

/signed
On1

Post   Posted: Oct 26, 2010 - 12:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Timlagor wrote:
I'm talking about FFBlackbox being implemented ...that is what the whole thread is about.

Well you began stating something about "FFB without the Box" and then you asked a question after that statement (i then figured you refered to your own statement).

A little confusing (specially since you have no FFB teams at all...)
Timlagor

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Two seperate paragraphs -sorry you're so easily confused.

Anyway are we actually going to get FFBox any time soon or are we just wishing in the wind? It seems to me that it would be relatively easy to implement and the current Box couldn't get much deader.

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

/signed

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see why the client can become official right now, starting maybe with an incomplete League division without league support... or R without ranking... but beta should be finished by now :/...

box implementation would be nice... but id rather see every division being implemented when its ready rather then to wait for everything to be ready
DonTomaso

Post   Posted: Oct 29, 2010 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Wreckage wrote:
I don't see why the client can become official right now, starting maybe with an incomplete League division without league support... or R without ranking... but beta should be finished by now :/...

box implementation would be nice... but id rather see every division being implemented when its ready rather then to wait for everything to be ready

Well, I guess it will happen when the client is ready. But I'd rather wait for a complete client. That is more important.
And Kalimar, Lakrillo and perhaps someone else is doing a helluva job on that!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2010 - 01:13 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
Well, I guess it will happen when the client is ready. But I'd rather wait for a complete client. That is more important.

The one we have now was never quite complete. I'd rather start with somehting imperfect than keep Fumbbl on the decline.

If the new client is about as good as the current one, don't wait for perfection before we migrate!

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2010 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

A game completely freezing because of a bug is a lot different than a bug allowing an OFAB TD. I personally think that so many divisions is what is causing the decline n games and preventing the migration of new Fumbblers.
I say that we not only start an FF[B] division but plan for that to be where all teams play. If people want to do different things with thier team within the division they ( designers) can make an option that would drop the team from the competitive options like...1) being able to be 'activated' 2) entering majors, minors, smacks, tours 3) gaining coach ratings from games with that team.
Being user friendly, especially new user friendly is the name of the game.
I'll add more later but these are just some things that I think are impotant to consider.
I JUST WANT MORE GAMES AND MORE PEOPLE. (=

The way the [B] system is set up, Is a solid way to get games, maintain competitiveness, squash 'cherrypicking' and keep perspective players interested.
Shouldn't new players be an important factor in how the sites games are set up? They can just throw a team on and get a game right away compared to now where they see so many options for divisions to try, see Academy and make a team like the site recommends, sit there for forever without getting a game, some (probably very few) find their way to chat where they get to find out that they are better off just making an R or B team because that is where games are played, they get confused, people try to help, fights break out, people leave...yadda yadda
pythrr

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2010 - 04:47 Reply with quote Back to top

not gonna happen

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2010 - 07:52 Reply with quote Back to top

DonTomaso wrote:
And Kalimar, Lakrillo and perhaps someone else is doing a helluva job on that!

[B] is essentially dead right now. You used to be able to at least expect to get a game on a Sunday afternoon evening but even that isn't true any more.
So nothing of value would be lost by starting up FF[B] as there is no [B] left for it to compete with. It doesn't much matter what state the client is (beyond the fact that it's clearly pretty usable or it wouldn't have choked B already).
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 30, 2010 - 12:44 Reply with quote Back to top

LRB4 [B] seems to be currently struggling to get 5 games a day. There doesn't seem to be much to lose by taking [B] to FFB even before FFB is is fully ready.

Jump to: