15 coaches online • Server time: 05:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shall Fumbbl merge Box into Ranked?
No, Ranked and Box stays own divisions with own Tournaments
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
No, Ranked and Box stay own divisions but all teams can take part in all Tournaments (like FC)
46%
 46%  [ 48 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox and make suggested Rankingchange
18%
 18%  [ 19 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 103

xyon

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Where is the "I'm tired of these threads" option?
propuppetmaster

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Right under the 'Exercise your freedom to not say anything' option (=
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 01:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The box must stay pure.
xyon

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 02:49 Reply with quote Back to top

But not voting just kind of seems so... domestic. How will he know to stop posting these things if the votes for that option dont out weigh the others?! He'll just keep posting this again and again.

JimmyFantastic wrote:
Hey Xyon you need to change your sig son, I never said anything vaguely like that!
Were_M_Eye

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 04:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
shadow46x2 wrote:
the only thing missing is a "DP/Claw/RSC is overpowered!" whinefest...

fouly?

--j

Frogs are imba, aren't they?

Yeah, ban frogs!!!
Flix

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

it depends on what will happen, if everything stay the same.
Ranked -> Ranked Tourneys
Box -> Box Tourneys
Box will die again, of cause it will be a boost at the beginning, but you will see a same situaton like we saw the last months.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=stats&op=games&type=month&div=10
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 10:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I would prefer if Ranked could get an autoscheduler and benefit from the technology developed for blackbox. I think that would be a popular choice for coaches that just want a fast game to use that functionality.
I like playing games with people i know as i know that they won't get angry if i manhandle their teams, or maybe exactly that they will get upset so i can enjoy their whining in chat afterwards. But i also like to mix it up with games against strangers, and at those games, a scheduler like this would fit me perfectly.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18802

and from that very topic my post (which has still to be proved wrong)

Quote:
The moment somone explains how merging the two divisions, or adding a scheduler to ranked would benefit the majority of the community is the moment i agree it is a good idea.

Adding a scheduler to Ranked, whilst leaving the box would actually reduce the number of games by more than just merging them, since coaches that only want to use a scheduler, but don't mind playing vs ranked teams would have to choose which division to play in, there by losing the games from the other division. Merging the divisions (as per the OP) would put coaches into one of 4 catergories.

1/ Pure Ranked players, that only want to play games they can choose.
2/ Pure Box players that only want to play scheduled games vs other Pure Box players.
3/ Players that always use the scheduler, but don't mind playing teams outside the 'Pure' bracket.
4/ Players that dip into and out of the scheduler as they like.

Catergory 1 and 2 players will find themselves with far less coaches to play
Catergory 3 would find themselves with an increased number of coaches to play.
Catergory 4 would probably end up with only slightly more games, unless they intend to use the scheduler a lot, since they will only gain games when they do actually use the scheduler.

The net result is the same number of games, but with coaches that currently like they way the divisions work with far less games. Is it a wonder then that these coaches would resist the change? Even this poll, as badly set up as it is, shows only a 1/3 support for the idea, which would mean that 2/3's would have their prefered way of playing taken from them, and they would be left with the choice of leaving the site ( which would then reduce the number of games for either catergory 3 or 4 teams) or submit to the minority.

That is all i have left to say on the subject now, and if it ever raises it head again i will just cut and paste this until someone explains why my theory is wrong.

And to add to that, this poll shows that feelings haven't changed over time. The poll results still reflect roughly the same results.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 11:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Flix wrote:

Box will die again, of cause it will be a boost at the beginning, but you will see a same situaton like we saw the last months.

That's a big assumption, especially since Box was ticking along very well until the FFB client testing began.
asharak

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, I know quite a few [B] coaches, myself included, stopped playing [B] and went over to testing FFB. There was then a knock-on effect as it dropped below a 'critical mass' so people would have to wait a long time to get a game and thus basically everyone moved away from the division. While the same happening in future is not impossible it was very much a FFB-driven event.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want all coaches in the same place so I have more gameoffers and get to play a more diverse spread. I wanna play vs flings and I wanna play vs chaos and I wanna play vs you all Smile
Lets not dilute the talent pool by spreading it to different divisions.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

How about this for an idea to make using the scheduler in FB[R] more attractive?

Only "pure" scheduler teams count for CR, as soon as you play a game outside it that team can't gain any more CR (but maybe lose it?). You could also give pure scheduler teams prefernce to majors so they auto get in regardless of TR or if there are not enough teams for a complete 1st round then the scheduler teams get bumped straight into the 2nd round.

The trouble with [B] is that it needs a certain amount of coaches to work, if it starts to die off again then we'll get the same issue as before. I'm sure those on non-euro time zones will still have issues getting enough coaches. If FB[R] keeps the majors and gets to move lrb4 teams over then i don't see much incentive to start playing in the new B. personally variety of opposition in both team and coach is important to me so anything that limits it will put me off.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 20:23 Reply with quote Back to top

dull dull dull

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
dull dull dull

Maybe try not posting if you have nothing to say?

--

I like your ideas, spubbbba. I definitely think the site should attempt to promote scheduler play as the most competitive way of playing and CR and tournaments would be one way of accomplishing this.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

spubbbba wrote:
How about this for an idea to make using the scheduler in FB[R] more attractive?

Only "pure" scheduler teams count for CR, as soon as you play a game outside it that team can't gain any more CR (but maybe lose it?). You could also give pure scheduler teams prefernce to majors so they auto get in regardless of TR or if there are not enough teams for a complete 1st round then the scheduler teams get bumped straight into the 2nd round.

The trouble with [B] is that it needs a certain amount of coaches to work, if it starts to die off again then we'll get the same issue as before. I'm sure those on non-euro time zones will still have issues getting enough coaches. If FB[R] keeps the majors and gets to move lrb4 teams over then i don't see much incentive to start playing in the new B. personally variety of opposition in both team and coach is important to me so anything that limits it will put me off.

Sounds interesting to me. But I doubt the bigger Box die hards will go for it.

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: