48 coaches online • Server time: 13:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post SWL Season CI
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 19, 2005 - 20:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I love watching Dreadclaw foul his way through my teams!!!!!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
I love watching Dreadclaw foul his way through my teams!!!!!

*bows down* Thank you oh mighty one who has the forum spamming abilities! I shall promise thee not to let you down in any of our games. and if i do it's because my players were drunk!

Yours, The Destroyer of all things pixelly...
Dreadclaw

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Dread: You know, I do believe that, other than being an odd git in the first place, anyone who had a job like mine would forum spam.

Another random fun thing to do is to intentionally seek out players/coaches with nasty reps and trash, bash, and out-score them (if you can). I think a lot of my positive attitude comes from one of my first games. This guy named Wuhan offered me a game.... His DE, my Dorfs. My buddy, who I'd convinced to try out the site, told me he was going to spec the game, so I had a channel open with him. He suddenly says I should check out the main channel. Someone had announced that "Wuhan was schooling some noob" and EVERYONE was speccing the game, and talking about my death-to-be. Did I cringe? Did I panic? No, I said to myself.... "Noob? I was playing this game well some of these guys were still wetting the bed! I learned my first strategy game when I was 2! (chess, I wasn't very good). School me? SCHOOL ME?!?!?!? BRING. IT. ON.!" So, with my one fan cheering, I watched Horkon Heart-ripper's poison dagger scrape off a few AV 9 guys, and, in his rush-to-crush, step a bit too close to my ball-carrier moving up the sidelines. Well, Dwarves have slayers, slayers have frenzy, Crowds go crazy, Horkon has Serious Injury. My informant on spectator comments said things got really quiet . . . Wuhan, who is a class guy, conceded the match after I scored, and you know what? It felt WAY better than beating a noob, or getting some good luck and beating an equal opponent. I had the world thinking I was the underdog, and I won! This is why I field a no-trees fling team, this is why my dwarves love the D.M.U., this is why Dread is a good guy to play against. When you should lose, but you don't, that is the best feeling! The more you "fix" a game, the less the victory means. I don't want to have the best rating, I want to be the best damn player you've ever played!!! (I have a ways to go)

Thanks for listening, this has been a public service announcement by Macavity, King of the Goldfish!

P.S. If you don't believe, see http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=578867

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 15:50 Reply with quote Back to top

you make it sound like i school "noobs"... lol Very Happy I'm looking forward to a game mac Smile Now even more than before!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, Dread, you have the scariest flings out there, and I resent that!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Passing is fun. With any team the feeling of a succesful pass (preferably in a vital spot) is the best ever. Yeah I'm weird like that but a succesful pass is way better than a kill to me 8^)

Now if I only dared pass more...

So passing is fun. Pass more people! Maybe there should be a "passing group" Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan wrote:
Passing is fun. With any team the feeling of a succesful pass (preferably in a vital spot) is the best ever. Yeah I'm weird like that but a succesful pass is way better than a kill to me 8^)

Now if I only dared pass more...

So passing is fun. Pass more people! Maybe there should be a "passing group" Very Happy

Can't we make a stunty Passing school? I mean, those guys need passing lessons more than any other race!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 16:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, Flings can play!!! Passing is WAY more satisfying with flings or dwarves than with elves or gitters or over-skilled humans. Imagining your opponent's face when a short, fat player tosses that bladder down the field is the BEST!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Hey, Flings can play!!! Passing is WAY more satisfying with flings or dwarves than with elves or gitters or over-skilled humans. Imagining your opponent's face when a short, fat player tosses that bladder down the field is the BEST!

So true.. ow god i love longpassing balls with flings.. once scored a 1side to other side td.. throwing a long pass and a handoff with 4 gfis.. god that makes you feel ALIVE! almost as good as the beard to beard longbomb in tzs... almost.

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to admit that when the ones that were meant to be passing passes a lot it's truly beautiful to watch. I.e. those damn elves. I mean long bombing from flank to flank in wall-passes over the heads of almost anything... It's just... MORE than fling and skellie passing, even though fling and skellie passing is nice too...

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Shinan, I must admit that, in my opinion, you are off your nut! You've just joined my "Play" list. You will learn the ways of the goofy-fun-making-players-do-things-they-shouldn't-really-ever-try side!!!

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Macavity wrote:
Shinan, I must admit that, in my opinion, you are off your nut! You've just joined my "Play" list. You will learn the ways of the goofy-fun-making-players-do-things-they-shouldn't-really-ever-try side!!!

So, not just being my foulbait your slow as well? I found out shinan was a riot to play..errr..ages ago!

but your right. he is a nice coach to play, and a general laugh Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, he has a fling team, so he can't be hopeless, but he has trees on it.... What's up with that?

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:44 Reply with quote Back to top

well named players really does help. In i rough match vs skaven i killed a player. Fortunately his name was X-mas. With that act i reached super-villian hights of hysteria.
Shinan

Post   Posted: May 20, 2005 - 18:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I actually considered making my halflings no-trees after both my trees reached 250SPPs but I just can't let go! And I like my TTM-ing! Not to mention that now you have fulfilled the task of having all-halflings so I no longer have to (*whew*).
But I have an all-skeleton team too. One that passes more than it... uhm... intercepts?