80 coaches online • Server time: 22:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8, so far I managed the recovery for my teams without dumping rerolls and thus I personally consider it a bad move to do so. My eagles' are currently in a bad shape, so I won't be buying a 6th reroll for them anytime soon, but you won't see me ditching the current rerolls either ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141212 ) - I would consider it a very bad deal to throw away 100k in order to lower TR by 5 points. It's just not worth it (might be good, if it's a handicap and a better money bracket, but mostly it's just a waste).
Cloggy

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:12 Reply with quote Back to top

As I said before, I HAVE dumped rerolls and still think it's a good idea in some situations.

In my case, I lost a Troll and a Bull centaur in 1 game with my cd's. The TR stayed up pretty high, and I calculated that dropping 2 rerolls would get me down the winnings brackets, and give me better chances of winning the recovery matches a s well. This makes a 20k difference per game initially. When you need 100k + to replace a lost player it might make a 2 game difference in getting back up to strength.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sumicus wrote:
Let me start with this... I don't want to stir up anyone...

Just "Cherry-PicK" your next few games... Just like sooooooooooooo many others do on this great Online Game!

Not you, but... well others...
"Hey bud wanna game???"
"You have 4 Mummies on your team, No WAY!! Oh yeah, my cuder hurts too..."

Seriously though, "Cherry-Pick" your games.

=)

Saying it again - the problems didn't start with playing teams that had "killer skills" but it went downhill when I got offers from teams without mblow/dirty player, etc. Some even didn't have any tacklers at all :p. Anything and any team can kill another.

I won't touch the re-roll issue right now. I know what my dice rolls look like, usually. I still can drop them later should things continue to go bad.

And man, yes, the team is fun in a wicked way and doesn't deserve retirement.

-Mnemon
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
keep the RRs. A lineman becomes a positional when he has a RR available. and with the lack of positionals right now, the RRs are your key to pulling off incredible TDs

wrong.

lineman block, roll push+block, I select push and won't reroll

Lineman pass, use reroll to pass, lineman catch (no reroll left) succeed but need a gfi=>crap need to change my plan now, that gfi is very dangerous.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

My Favorite team the "Ho-Ho-Hoes" were in the same boat, not as bad... I was down to 9 players.. All my Lion Warriors died... Just recently, they rose up out of the hot water.

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=252861

Last night they did fantastic against Bill Brasky's Norse Team.

Sooooooooo, I personally wouldn't give up on them... Just do your games and ask certain teams to play, before any Bruisers get hold of them.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Optihut wrote:
sk8, so far I managed the recovery for my teams without dumping rerolls and thus I personally consider it a bad move to do so. My eagles' are currently in a bad shape, so I won't be buying a 6th reroll for them anytime soon, but you won't see me ditching the current rerolls either ( http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=141212 ) - I would consider it a very bad deal to throw away 100k in order to lower TR by 5 points. It's just not worth it (might be good, if it's a handicap and a better money bracket, but mostly it's just a waste).

And I would. I would ditch the reroll, retire the only missing catcher with 145 spps for 44 TR in total, so dropping for a 156 TR overall. Yes you can save your team. But if I want to win in R without retiring the team, I opt for drastical changes.

Healing quick -> requieres team balance.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 17:19 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
And I would. I would ditch the reroll, retire the only missing catcher with 145 spps for 44 TR in total, so dropping for a 156 TR overall. Yes you can save your team. But if I want to win in R without retiring the team, I opt for drastical changes.

Healing quick -> requieres team balance.

Ah so that's why we have these different opinions about the rerolls then: That catcher *is* the team - if I don't have her, there's no point keeping the eagles. I have yet to build a legend on fumbbl and this catcher is my best bet Wink
I don't care about winning all that much as I care about rebuilding the team and achieving legend status with a couple of players.
macike

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
keep the RRs. A lineman becomes a positional when he has a RR available. and with the lack of positionals right now, the RRs are your key to pulling off incredible TDs

I second that.

@sk8bcn: I have no problem consuming 5-6 RRs per half.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

get those lineelves. Theres nothing better than good developed linemen on elfteams. When u get positionals, one tend to score and blitz with them all the time, making it harder to skill up the lines. It seems like a matter of surviving untill u can filed 11 players again, and for that u need the cheapest players. When u have 11 line, or 9 in your case, if u keep the 2 dragons, then u can think about pos, since u already got the rerolls.

Guess my advice is just stick to it, buy more lines, and pray to nuffle everyday to bring u sixes on winnings.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 12:27 Reply with quote Back to top

So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon
pac

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Catchers! They are the unique selling point of the High Elf list after all, so it would be a crime not to use some. Smile

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:13 Reply with quote Back to top

You don't have the luxury of replacing anyone yet, so add depth to your roster with either some catchers or a bunch of linos. My woodies had similar problems, especialy after the tournament opener taking 4 SI from a necro team. Currently they have 3 nigs and 3 -ma, but also have 15 players because of the number of linos is 12. Just keep stocking up on linos until you have a decent ammount of players, then start branching out once you have the money and the elfpower to back it up.

Don't drop the soap.
BigMac

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mnemon wrote:
So. Back at 11 players now. Should I save money to replace the -ma Lion Warrior or start buying catchers next?

-Mnemon

never replace anybody but dead and niggled. never ever.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Well. The overall idealistic plan I work with is having a maximum count of all positionals - i.e. two phoenix and lion warriors each and four Dagon Warriors ... which means I only have space for eight linemen ... which is the number I have now. So I'll only replace linemen but not buy more then the eight I need, quite likely. Anything that niggles leaves the team.

-Mnemon
Optihut

Post   Posted: May 19, 2006 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, there's no point in having more than 8 linemen, except on a new team when you want to start out with 3 rerolls. Go for the catchers and I agree that you shouldn't fire -MA players.
 Jump to: