44 coaches online • Server time: 13:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post New Team Page Betagoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post One turn score list
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Shall Fumbbl merge Box into Ranked?
No, Ranked and Box stays own divisions with own Tournaments
19%
 19%  [ 20 ]
No, Ranked and Box stay own divisions but all teams can take part in all Tournaments (like FC)
46%
 46%  [ 48 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox and make suggested Rankingchange
18%
 18%  [ 19 ]
Yes, merge Ranked and Blackbox
15%
 15%  [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 103

bxnyc

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 21:10 Reply with quote Back to top

this whole argument/ numerous threads sounds like, "waaa no one in the box for me to play, must force others into the box."
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 21:51 Reply with quote Back to top

bxnyc wrote:
this whole argument/ numerous threads sounds like, "waaa no one in the box for me to play, must force others into the box."

No its rather the [B]ox is an exclusive club and we only want the decent players there, and not ones who study teams on Gamefinder for hours just to pick the right cherry!
bxnyc

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 22:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Cherry Pie!
BillBrasky

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I just think Box is the premier division. Any fool that has patience can build an uber team in ranked. There is no such luxury in the box.

Box should be home of all the majors when ffb takes over.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

*yawn*....your horse is still dead, brasky...

--j

ImageImage
Dalfort

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 01:35 Reply with quote Back to top

shadow46x2 wrote:
ugh...

this again?

--j

\o/ I get to put :

+1

rated 6.... oh sorry thats blogs Very Happy
Actual thread rated 1; no pie option!!
Macavity

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, imo, the discussion is pointless until the great migration. Once FFB is a fact, rather than an option, the other divisions will settle to a 'norm', and then discussions can be made if there are issues.

@BillBrasky, Those of us who are not fools, don't cherry pick in Ranked and have a fine time. My only requirement for an opponent is that the game is legal (with the proviso that my no tree halflings have been avoiding dwarves until numbers are up again).

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 05:41 Reply with quote Back to top

box ... luxury .. FTW

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Of course it's all those idiots like me posting and bumping the thread that keep the latest version of "I have a great new idea, why don't we change and do things the way we already decided not to after a long discussion, because although nothing has changed since then I never liked it" at the top of the page all the time. If only we could resist the urge to whine about these threads and just let them die.

Just so that I'm contributing to the discussion anyway if I'm going to go to the trouble of posting...
Macavity wrote:
@BillBrasky, Those of us who are not fools, don't cherry pick in Ranked and have a fine time. My only requirement for an opponent is that the game is legal (with the proviso that my no tree halflings have been avoiding dwarves until numbers are up again).

The problem as I understand it is not so much that people have to cherry pick in [R], it's that they have to play against, or at the very least indirectly compete with (in terms of TR cutoffs and general team condition for tournaments), other people who've cherry picked.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Spanking the dead horse once more - Nah the problem of ranked is not cherry picky teams, it's teams who cant get games at all.

For me, these teams made me quit playing ranked, cause I didn't have a spare hour to waste/didnt want to just play tournaments to get a game:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=533344
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=576015
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 10:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Carnis wrote:
Spanking the dead horse once more - Nah the problem of ranked is not cherry picky teams, it's teams who cant get games at all.

For me, these teams made me quit playing ranked, cause I didn't have a spare hour to waste/didnt want to just play tournaments to get a game:
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=533344
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=576015

Eh? I'm not understanding you.

Why can't they get games if not because of cherry picky teams?

Though who is going to want to play 8 ogres when the rules specify 6.
Maybe someone with loads of claw. Wink

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Much as it goes against my better judgement to either bump this any further, or engage on this point, how on Earth did that Ogre team not get games? It's almost an insta-win (you know, them being Ogres, and all). The Chaos aren't particularly scary at all and would be done at by plenty of teams, but I know how the World works and could see it might take a while. People always have overvalued certain skills (and will continue to do so).

I've always thought the whole 'I can't get my bashers a fair game' point in R was overstated. It might take a little while, but whilst you've got your mother running around building huge Orc teams through _unfair_ games, it must be possible to get fair games too.

Hey ho, at least we've moved on from merger chat. Until the next thread.
Carnis

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Koadah: what I meant was, to compete with cherrypicky teams wasnt the issue for me, it was not being able to compete at all cause of picking.

Pgoo: Yes, people totally overvalued that chaos team's claws. Basicly a 7MB/Guard dwarf team (a clearly superior and more dmging team compared to that) would go "too much claw" on me frequently. I got frustrated & just played box & later stuntyleeg.com (LRB6) & then just FFB (superior client + more players & LRB6).

The ogres were an insta-win for elves, but there's a bunch of other teams that could struggle with a 8ogre team that has a DP. And you know how it goes.. there's always a better team to beat if you want to hug ze pixels.

The picking happened a lot less in ffb but it still happened, so for me the box will be the default div.

I voluntarily went according to the 1/10 rule, and checking my most recent 30 games my nurgle got 3 games or just 20% of my high TV (1950>) matchups, although I always offered them first as I am a nurgle coach.
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Carnis. In fact the main reson that the Box is so bash heavy is due to the ease of getting games for those teams comparted to ranked. It is not coincidence that a lot of coaches that have bash teams in the box only have soft teams in ranked. The irony is that one makes the other worse. Too many bash teams in the box and more players only put their soft teams in ranked, which then leads to less games for the bash teams in ranked leading to more bash teams in the box. When i used to play my necros in ranked as soon as i hit TS200 i would spend hours looking for a game, it took me over 200 games to play high elves for the first time with them in Ranked, you can't say that is normal. And Necros are probably less bashy than humans, but a lot of people just have an adversion to claw in ranked.

Still Journeymen, nerfed claw and nerfed dp will probably sort all this out. In fact I could quite easily see the box becoming regen heavy instead.

edit:- Go me, i have played Carnis's rotters twice (at 1710TV and 2120TV) once with dark elves and once with necros.
backelie

Post   Posted: Nov 17, 2010 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

What I don't understand is why the box needs to be a division instead of just an option for matchmaking in R.
You could even have a [B]adge of honor for teams that only play in the box but merging just gives more options for matchmaking removing nothing as far as I can tell.
 Jump to: