49 coaches online • Server time: 15:20
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
uzkulak

Post 12 Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 12:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Lakrillo wrote:
Depending on how you look at it, TV could be the only value that is used here, otherwise TS need to be heavily adjusted (slann being very overpriced in TS now).

My gutfeeling is that the scheduler should allow 25% difference from TV when it schedules you to an opponent.
Effectively this would mean that you play within 80-125% of your current TV (as the opponent cannot go over his 25%)
a TV 1000 team could play teams from 800-1250 and a TV 2200 team could play teams in the range 1760-3300.

This seems like fair matchups if you take inducements into account and will also allow for all inducements to come into play.

Yes, this is a brilliant solution. (Although I do say that mostly because I was thinking along the same lines) Wink It really doent matter so much if you are playing up in the new box, and TS serves no purpose anymore - unless we consider that TV is broken. A simple solution is usually the best.
zakatan

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 12:56 Reply with quote Back to top

2200*1.25=2750 Rolling Eyes

still enough to get Morg, though
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 12:59 Reply with quote Back to top

zakatan wrote:
2200*1.25=2750 Rolling Eyes

still enough to get Morg, though

ooops. I did calculate and was surprised the gap was so big. My finger must have slipped on the keyboard or something.
koadah

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Not having the option of a close TV match would put some people off. The 25% sounds good.

Some people would want to use inducements so the option of 'unlimited' or a large gap would be good too.

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:24 Reply with quote Back to top

http://www.fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=18482

There was a poll on this and the majority wanted

Quote:
3/ Best Fit :- all coaches (assuming an even number) are guaranteed to get a game. The box matches the teams as best as possible, but still without a limit as to what is acceptable.

Advantages :- Great chance of getting a game. Still some inducement fun to be had
Disadvantages :- By being in the middle it could make the coaches that prefer either of the other options not want to join in, therefore actually reduce participents.

25% does sound like a good compromise, but it would still leave some coaches not getting a game when they get their team to a certain level. If there were a best fit method then the games would normally be fair, especially during the high peak hours, but you would still be sure of a game on off peak times. If you didn't want the risk of an unfair match up then activate more teams. During my extensive testing i have come to the conclusion that well picked inducements are a great leveller, it is only when they are picked badly that problems occur. (For the record i prefered a completely random draw, but then again i love the inducements)
Jester_Spirit

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Jester_Spirit wrote:
Let all B teams migrate to R and make R scheduler only.

hahaha because Box was so popular and Ranked was not?

According to some the lack of popularity of B was due to lack of tournaments, smacks and that their teams were "stuck" in R.
The more variety of races would also be given considering that there are plenty more R teams than B teams and that I've never heard from an R coach that there is a lack of variety in R, also I've heard the scheduling system is pretty popular on the cyanide. Besides that, if you don't like the scheduler you could migrate from R to L.
But that's my opinion I'm not feeling much like I have to convince you.
Surely there is one disadvantage to this. Customized teams wouldn't be able to take part in the great tournaments if that is something bad for you Razz
Kalimar

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Will look into FFB auto-opening a game (triggered by the site) for scheduled teams. So that joining with your team automatically puts you in the right game (like rejoining after a disconnect). Would that be good / worthwhile?
freak_in_a_frock

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar. That would be superb \o/
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Jester_Spirit wrote:

But that's my opinion I'm not feeling much like I have to convince you.
Surely there is one disadvantage to this.

That's fine. I am pretty sure that your solution (kill ranked and just leave Box) won't be accepted, so I certainly don't feel the need to convince you either.

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

freak_in_a_frock wrote:
Kalimar. That would be superb \o/

+1

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Jester_Spirit wrote:
, also I've heard the scheduling system is pretty popular on the cyanide.

Yep, thats true. And their one is optional Smile

Oscar Wilde
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:
Will look into FFB auto-opening a game (triggered by the site) for scheduled teams. So that joining with your team automatically puts you in the right game (like rejoining after a disconnect). Would that be good / worthwhile?

I think that would be fantastic. It would make it much easier for especially new players to start games, as they don't need to exchange the game name with their opponent.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 13:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
Jester_Spirit wrote:
, also I've heard the scheduling system is pretty popular on the cyanide.

Yep, thats true. And their one is optional Smile

Actually, they have three divisions where you can only play using matchmaker, and one division where its use is optional and you can play challenge games as well. AFAIK, the MM-only leagues are considered the competitive leagues, whereas farmers are a problem in the challenge league.
Jester_Spirit

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 14:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Kalimar wrote:

Awesome!
Slex

Post   Posted: Nov 16, 2010 - 15:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Adar wrote:
I would like a system where blackbox both can be actiavted through the Fumbbl main channel. Right now coaches are too split up to be able to get decent conversations.

I read through all 4 pages of this thread, and that ^ idea was the only good one.

Just move the box already until it dies completely! Arrow
 Jump to: