49 coaches online • Server time: 14:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is more evil... a Foul or a Crowd Push?
Foul (Curse you, fouling little gits!)
44%
 44%  [ 69 ]
Crowd Push (Frenzying freaks!)
9%
 9%  [ 14 ]
Both are equal sick. (Can't we just hug?)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Pie (mmm... Pie...)
40%
 40%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 154

Macavity

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

That's what my signature says! Besides, I find people who are all about killing my team funny. They are usually much easier to beat.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:19 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that crowd pushes are less evil than dp fouls. As stated, if your player gets crowd pushed, it is your own fault at some level. If opponent has frenzy players in blitzing range, you should really think about your positioning. And if opponent has players near sidelines, you really should think about it. Playing near sidelines makes you think, and I just love it. And I love those multiple pushes causing a crowd push, cos it is a skill that matters when playing near sidelines.

And when pushing someone off the pitch, you get one player out from opponent for sure. If I have a chance to do that, I'd do it every time. Sometimes I even use rerolls to push someone off the pitch, instead of doing the blitz for ball carrier. Why? To get numerical advantage, and there is a good chance I can remove more opponent from the field, if I have more players. With some teams, it's quite important to get that advantage.

If the player dies, too bad. But he could die from failed gfi or dodge too. The thing that some people cry about is that they can't use apothecary for that player. Too bad. Shouldn't go near the sidelines, if you are scared of my fans.

When it comes to fouling, we all know that DP is broken skill. And in my opinion, get the ref! is too broken. It would be much more better, if it lasted until the end of the drive. Now it stands for the whole half, and if other team gets it in turn 1 it can get messy.

I totally accept fouling in some cases: getting a good player off the pitch, or prevent opponent from stalling.

I don't like, but I can live with fouling, when it is to get my players off the pitch (like doing a foul per turn, with some assists). Someone's tactic might be just to take most of opponents from the pitch and score. Not very creative, but some coaches play like that.

And the one thing that I just can't accept is turn 16 fouls or "unnecessary" fouls. Like when the game is over, the opponent keeps gang-fouling my players. That's just being mean. I don't curse to my opponent or call him with names, I just say my opinion and never play him again. I understand that sometimes coaches get mean if their players die in the game, and they want to kill some too. That might be a good fluff, if opponent tries to kill that one player that has done some harm to him, adjusting that hunt with some good fluff-talk. Never happened to me though.

Summa summarum: crowd pushing is not evil, it is an art in the game. Fouling is not evil, it has strategial values in the game. Unnecessary crowd pushing or fouling is evil, as it has no strategial value, and it is used only to piss the other coach, or to relief some pain in the coaches mind.

Oh, and turn 16 fouls can be acceptable, to get that 2nd cas for ff. My opponent has done it few times, and they have said it before fouling and they chose the "least hurting" player. Totally acceptable.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:23 Reply with quote Back to top

What about Crowd-Pushing AGAINST PaulHicks to make him laugh, rather than to hurt his team. Is that a more noble goal?

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Fouling is definitely more evil, although neither of them are evil (unless you exploit fouling). Fouling in T16 is (usually when people do it anyway) just stupid. Sometimes it's acceptable, but not very often.

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I think it depends on the situation. Like if you need a player to stay down because they are dangerous to your attack or something then a foul may be in order. But I just had a very promising Orc Blitzer (had Ma7) SI on me with a drop in strength through an unnecessary foul. Was I cross? Yes I was. Crowdpushing is just part of the game though.
RandomOracle

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

spiderswebb11 wrote:
But I just had a very promising Orc Blitzer (had Ma7) SI on me with a drop in strength through an unnecessary foul. Was I cross? Yes I was.

[sarcasm]
Yeah, it is a good idea to get upset over a computer game.
[/sarcasm]

I'm not a big fan of needless late game fouls but I can live with them. All your players die eventually, getting too attached to them and getting worked up over losing them seems pretty silly to me.

Last edited by RandomOracle on %b %10, %2006 - %16:%May; edited 1 time in total
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

neither are evil....

it's an option in the game....

it's the same as blocking, or throwing....

if you leave a player near the sidelines, in a position to be crowdpushed, or chaincrowded, then it's your own damned fault...

if you leave a player in a position to be gangfouled, then it's your own damned fault...

a smart coach can take measures to prevent a crowdpush, just like a smart coach can take measures to be prevent being properly fouled....

dont' believe me?...get crowdpushed or fouled a lot?....look at your lineups, and see what you're doing wrong, and change your game, if you think it's evil...

god you people whine a lot sometimes Twisted Evil

--j

ImageImage
Jkaen

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:58 Reply with quote Back to top

While you can avoid gangfouling you cant realistically avoid a foul, while you can a gangpush. and in that example that was drawn out back on page 2 or wherever, when you would have required 5 players to push my 1 player out, then great go for it, I will be scoring against (and trying to hurt) your other 6 players on the other side of the pitch
Hitonagashi

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 16:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

[sarcasm]
Yeah, it is a good idea to get upset over a computer game.
[/sarcasm]

Aww, come on...half the fun is in needlessly getting attached to those pixels and grieving their death Laughing
PandaPower

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:00 Reply with quote Back to top

If it matters to you guys so much why don't you have rehab clinics? I play how I want according to how my opponent plays, if he's playing good clean bloodbowl (crowdpushing is still clean in my opinion) then ill do the same, if he fouls, i'll do the same. I expect my opponent to treat me how he wants to be treated, and I treat him how I think he wants to be treated.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think either is inheritently evil...but I think it's more about how it was executed. If someone has a guy sitting up on the sideline and you knock them off, that's normal...but if you mastermind a series of chainpushes and frenzies to scoot them 4 squares and off into the rabid fans....that's evil Smile

Fouling that block tackle claw RSC beastman isn't evil...just common sense. But going out of your way to dodge 7 elves out of tackle zones and gang foul your opponent's ogre into sweet jellyness....evil....wonderfully evil Very Happy

ah yes....the Dark Side....give in to the cookies!

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:15 Reply with quote Back to top

sk8bcn wrote:
Webbe wrote:
sk8bcn wrote:
why does all claim that beeing crowpushed is always the players fault. That's not true. for exemple:

| . . .
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

D is the player defending

Now it's my turn

Blitz:
| . . . B (pushes)
| . P D
| . . .
| . P .

| . . . B
| . P
| . D .
| . P .
Now hit:
| . . . B
| . P->with him
| . . .
| D P .

hit again (if needed, bring a help):

| . . . B
| . P
| . . .
| . P : Surfing!!!!

You want more exemples?

Why wouldn't this be his fault?

because sometimes You need sacrifices for defense. And it's just an exemple Webbe. Sometimes, you will surf no matter what by trying to defend.

Calculated risks are OK.

But I bet you can't crowdpush me 99% of the times if my goal is NOT TO BE crowdupushed.
If my goal is not to be fouled, you can still foul me 16 turns straight 99% of the times. See a difference? I do. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Anyone who honestly apply the term evil to either DP fouling, Crowding or Claw/RSC combo has some serious issues Smile Same applies to people who take anything personal in this game or frequently get distressed of the dice or anything his/her opponent does.

These people should consider leaving the game all together as it's obviously causing them some sort of mental trauma or just exclusively play vs people who think the same way about the game - in [U]. (Or they could play Faction Wink)

The only thing I think is annoying of the 3 things is Claw/RSC combo as it's the only thing I have very little chance of doing anything against apart from hoping that my opponent gives me the chance to either foul him or crowd the abomination.
Jkaen

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok maybe the term 'evil' is wrong, how about 'naughty'? or 'not honourable'?

Whatever the label when playing a nice laid back game if i get crowdpushed its my fault, if i start getting fouled then its gloves off time and I will try to hurt his team back
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If people foul non-stop, it means they wasted skills on DP and I can beat them. I seriously have never had a problem with it.