54 coaches online • Server time: 15:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
What catergory best fits your FFBox experience
I am new to Black Box and enjoyed the experience
19%
 19%  [ 21 ]
I am new to the Black Box and was disappointed
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I have played Black Box before and enjoyed the new look
53%
 53%  [ 58 ]
I have played Black Box before but was disappointed with the new look
3%
 3%  [ 4 ]
I like pie, especially when it has fish in it.
20%
 20%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 109

Redgum

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 09:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I played my first ever Box game with a newly created Delf team.

It was a good experience. A bit of a clumsy (by elf standards) 1-0 win against some remarkably fleet-footed Orcs, but the match-up was fair and I got an inducement to cover the fact that it was my first game but my opponent had a bit of development. We didn't have spectators so I don't know about crowd sounds, and I showed myself to be an ignorant n00b in trying to activate outside the 5 minute window. But overall it was really positive and I'll definitely be back for more B action. I prefer it actually to R where it can often be quite difficult to get games.

I think I know the answer to this but... Can we have a one-off opportunity to transfer teams into B? I had some R teams who I got sick of putting up and being ignored so I transferred them to L before I really understood the implications of that. I'd love to be able to bring them over to B.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Redgum wrote:
I think I know the answer to this but... Can we have a one-off opportunity to transfer teams into B? I had some R teams who I got sick of putting up and being ignored so I transferred them to L before I really understood the implications of that. I'd love to be able to bring them over to B.

The point of [B] is partially that no teams have had the option of choosing their games.

So being able to move a team that has had a say about who their oppnent should be in all its games kinda defeats the purpose of the division it seeks to move to.
Belafon

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 10:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I have played or tried to play blackbox in its new form, the matching system is good, but then the bad news, the first game, had 8 repeat 8 disconnections, and the server failed, which ruined my first game.

The second game, never started due to a bug, the blackbox system tried to get me to play myself, and my oppenent had the same problem, in the end we both gave up, as the server failed again.

What a system...think I will go back to FFB.

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 10:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry to hear of your bad experience. The bugs are still being ironed out, but it looks like it is progressing well when you look at 320 games played in the box yesterday, which is more than the whole site has managed in a day for a long, long time. The disconnect are due to bugs being squashed as we go i think.

To further your bad news, FFB is no longer running as far as i am aware. Give the Box another try and i am sure your experiences will improve.
Lakrillo

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a suspection that the dual-login is due to people not refreshing their homepage before joining the game, but accessing the "pending" link or an old play-link for the same team from a previous draw.
We will try to stop this from happening, but until that is done, please do make sure that you refresh your page before starting the game.
Also if it locks up with the duplicate login, the game should be considered lost. Go to the admins and tell them you screwed up and they will remove the game. DO NOT try to circumvent that issue by trying to start with another play-link and selecting teams or other things as this seems to cause the entire server to crash.

Your repeated disconnections can be the cause of someone trying to circumvent that bug repeatedly.
Redgum

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 11:48 Reply with quote Back to top

On1 wrote:

The point of [B] is partially that no teams have had the option of choosing their games.

So being able to move a team that has had a say about who their oppnent should be in all its games kinda defeats the purpose of the division it seeks to move to.

Makes perfect sense. I withdraw my nascent query.
Garion

Post   Posted: Jan 18, 2011 - 12:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Still loving it. However the player pictures on my team didnt load. This is the team - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=640837 They are custom pictures but my opponent also had his own pictures and his worked. Does anyone know why this is?

Also the team badge didnt load yet my opponents did.