57 coaches online • Server time: 15:57
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Which is more evil... a Foul or a Crowd Push?
Foul (Curse you, fouling little gits!)
44%
 44%  [ 69 ]
Crowd Push (Frenzying freaks!)
9%
 9%  [ 14 ]
Both are equal sick. (Can't we just hug?)
5%
 5%  [ 8 ]
Pie (mmm... Pie...)
40%
 40%  [ 63 ]
Total Votes : 154

Karhumies

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Scoring a TD is more evil than fouling and crowd pushing combined, as scoring means you might be aiming at making your opponent lose the match & make him grief!

Thomcat

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:52 Reply with quote Back to top

None is bad just a hard approach to the game (or let me correct that - i believe turn 15/16 fouls are lame)

What is the most hard approach to the game ?

Well imo Fouls are least gentleman-type-material. Why ? well crowdpushes are the coach mostly asking for himself. If anyone want to have the advantage of using the squares closest to the edge - well then I want the advantage of pushing him out (do not care much about the injury ) what is often more important is to reduce the opponents amount of players on the pitch

added forgot - While i am not against fouls - I will support Kyyberi completely in the statement that Get the Ref is just plain stupid. It is soooooo overpowered and can be sure retirement. If they just nerfed that so it worked like bribe the ref then we would not hear so much about fouling

Last edited by Thomcat on %b %10, %2006 - %17:%May; edited 1 time in total
tuco

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 17:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, check out this team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=258348
pac

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

(notes towards a list of excuses for T16 and other 'excessive' fouling:

"What do you mean you don't get SPPs for fouls any more!?"
(Won't cut it if you have played more than ~10 games on Fumbbl)

"Oops - I forgot about the CAS you apo'd - wanted my second for FF roll!"
(Need to have only scored 1 or 2 CAS in the game. Or be playing against Regen - who can keep track with them?)

"I wanted a new Zombie/Rotter!"
(Undead/Necros/Nurgle get by far the best excuse! Very Happy)

"It's traditional to try to clear the pitch in this situation."
(Only when opponent is down to ~3 or fewer players left on pitch.)

"FUMBBL tracks foul stats now. Maybe it'll start keeping a 'most fouls' stat soon. I want to have the foulingest Gobbo/Hobgob/Skellie ever!"
(Would help if this stat was actually set up! Wink)

"That guy just had it coming."
(Any AG+ or ST+ player, star, or other generally annoying individual.)

Please add more of your own! This could be the basis for my next GLN article! Very Happy)

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I don't care as long as my opponent aims at winning the game. Then though, I haven't ever played against a DP-horde, and I myself almost always play with the same plan : bash the opposing players (without fouling, I don't want to get my players banned from the game) until I have numerical superiority and can easily score, or If my opponent has that superiority, of course I'll try to thin his numbers with whatever means I have access to (including fouling, as I might actually want my players out of the game so that they can't be killed).
Macavity

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

For the List:

"I'm PaulHicks"

"You're PaulHicks"

"I recently played PaulHicks!"

"I saw an Elmer Fudd cartoon earlier today"

Razz

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 18:57 Reply with quote Back to top

to the t16 foul list

"because the foul option is still lit"

"because you got my goblin cheerleader pregnant"

"keep our team rivalry going"

"Revenge for the kill earlier"

"misclicked...thought it was the gfi button" (little walk path to a skull...how appropriate)

"Soften you up for your next game in the tourney"

"because I'm dark elves and they hate all high elves"

"because it's Bloodbowl"

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 19:01 Reply with quote Back to top

turn 16 foul is ok,

when the fouled player blocks the way and a ko+ makes another (maybe deciding) touchdown possible
when opponent plays dwarfs
when opponent is buskopanz

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 19:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Jkaen wrote:
Ok maybe the term 'evil' is wrong, how about 'naughty'? or 'not honourable'?

Whatever the label when playing a nice laid back game if i get crowdpushed its my fault, if i start getting fouled then its gloves off time and I will try to hurt his team back

I'd like to modify this - if one of your best players gets fouled with several assists it most likely IS your fault. You can easily include anti-star-fouling in your in-game tactics. If one of your less valuable players gets fouled your opponent just wasted a good foul on a sub par player.

If the other guy keeps fouling when he's up 3-0 in the middle of 2nd half and half your team is off the field he most likely has a reason wether that be mental issues or the fact that he enjoys this type of playing, but if you get mad at this you should probably work on NOT getting mad. You can keep on playing how you want but appreciating everyone's way of playing would ultimately increase our own pleasure with the game.

Get the Ref and Blitz! are 2 results that should be permanently stricken from the Kick Off table.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: May 10, 2006 - 19:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Menikmati wrote:
turn 16 foul is ok,

when the fouled player blocks the way and a ko+ makes another (maybe deciding) touchdown possible
when opponent plays dwarfs
when opponent is buskopanz

don't forget to add...

when the foulee is a one-turner, wardancer, or any other such abomination

oh..and some more "excuses" for t16 and excessive fouling...

"your lone bh looked lonely in the box..i wanted to give him a friend to play with"(and yes i've used this...Wink )

"sorry, my troll had an itch, and the only way i could scratch it was to use your player's head as a stool"

--j

ImageImage
Longshanks

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

RedFish wrote:
if one of your best players gets fouled with several assists it most likely IS your fault. You can easily include anti-star-fouling in your in-game tactics.

While that's true, it comes at the cost of your usual gameplan. If you're holding back players to screen your star or have him(her) far away from the action, you're compromising your teams ability to play competitively by sacrificing numbers or skills that you aren't using where they're needed.

One of the reasons a star is a star is they're often capable of doing things a rookie just can't achieve - and that means they have to be in the thick of it. Holding them back for fear of a foul is just shooting yourself in the foot. Of course if the game is decided and winding down, keeping the star as far away as possible from your opponent is plain common sense Smile

I crowdpush whenever the opportunity presents itself, even if it takes a couple of chain pushes to make it happen. I'm not so 'evil' though that I would take a pushback instead of a POW! just to crowdpush - unless its on a player that I just can't deal with (who probably IS a star Very Happy )
paulhicks

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

tuco wrote:
Hey, check out this team: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=258348

theres been a lot of teams loaded up on dp just for overkill. Flynns elves are a good one an this is my own
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=164234

there was a theme behind it though. it was meant to be a band of zombies that attack as a slow groop and all fall on 1 victim at a time to make new zombies....

..... ok im just a lame coach an it was an excuse for never winning. those guys did some serious damage to my cr whilst they were in ranked

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Gang fouls and other fouls are not a problem, unless the opponent gets Get the ref!. Then the thing go wrong, and I usually turn to survive mode. I mean that if opponent has 1 or 2 dirty players, and every turn he blocks a guy down, swarms him and bang! And clever coach keeps his dp in safe.

And when talking about your stars, if your opponent has dp in the field, you HAVE to think about that. Don't give him the opportunity to foul your star to death. I have this player in my tourney Rotters, and yes I know he is no fun at all. But I just had to make him when I had the chance. And I am surprised how long he has survived. When he got Claw+RSC about 17 games ago, I thought that he's going to live for a game or two. And now he is the most important key in my team. You can ask Mully how easy it was trying to get him. And as Rotters can't have apo, I really have to think about how to keep him alive.

And when talking about keeping your players prone to keep the safe from blocks, I think that they deserve a huge foul Smile

In some game I have bashed almost all opponents from the field, so that I have 3 players surrounding every opposing player. I can understand that they don't want to get up, but think how funny it would look in "real life". Few sissy elves crying about "don't hit me, please" and around them a number of orcs yelling "get up you maggot!". Still I didn't have the heart to foul them, as the game was over at that point.

And one more thing: the game gets soooo much more fun when you decide that they are just pixels. Don't get too attached to them. I know how fun it is to develope a star, and play with him. And when he dies, you see all that work drained. But still, it's just a bunch if pixels, and they will come and go. If you whine about luck or injured players all the time, how fun you will have? If your team gets beaten to retirement, just make a new one. Try another race, or another concept.

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 09:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
"because it's Bloodbowl"

You must rrework your classics.

it's because it is BLOODbowl (caps are capitals here)

Post   Posted: May 11, 2006 - 09:30 Reply with quote Back to top

i think they r not evil,

especially fouling turn 16 is not evil at all, its just plain stupid
plus, as far as it is now, the main problem with fouls is dirty player is overpowered. fixed it > fixed the problem.

the problem w crowd push is they should fix to b able 2 use the apo imo. havin said this, even if sometimes it is nearly unavoidable, most of the time u r responsible of takin a crowd push.

this game is about the strenght on the pitch, the numbers.
cope with this.
its obvious peps will try to outnumber u.

just my 2 cents
 Jump to: