73 coaches online • Server time: 22:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

I am currently playing in a closed league with a couple of friends and now it's time for the half finals. I asked the tournament creator whether this is treated as just another season or whether overtime applies.

His response was: "Good that you remind me, please check the overtime box on the options in the client."

I doubt this is going to work, because fumbbl usually overrides all options, so how can the correct half final and final rules be applied to a tournament? I didn't find anything in the FAQ or the forum search, so does anyone have some answers to this?

Best regards,

Optihut
Silver

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

i always thought, that, when you play an ko-tourney, the rules will be handled by the client automatically, but im not 100% sure.

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think Fumbbl overrides all options, which means it will force overtime if it's a knockout structured phase.

No need to do anything, as far as I know. Fumbbl will force the correct options.

ps: if you don't have a structured league and you are just using the client to play, then you should really create one. Fumbbl can tell the difference between a KO tournament and a regular game, but won't let you select overtime or Final or other typical KO options in a regular game. What you have to do is to create a KO league with the semifinals and the final in it. Then the client will do everything automatically. But as far as I understand you already have your KO structure created, right?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
No need to do anything, as far as I know. Fumbbl will force the correct options.

Yes, this is how Fumbbl works. Only thing you need to do yourself is to set Fumbbl login on.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 12:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Silver wrote:
i always thought, that, when you play an ko-tourney, the rules will be handled by the client automatically, but im not 100% sure.

You are right.
Also, just in case you don´t know, you can replace teams after the tourney has been set up. So, in case you would like to play 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd set up the KO-tourney (which sorts random) and then replace the teams as you like.
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 15:31 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
I think Fumbbl overrides all options, which means it will force overtime if it's a knockout structured phase.

ps: if you don't have a structured league and you are just using the client to play, then you should really create one. Fumbbl can tell the difference between a KO tournament and a regular game, but won't let you select overtime or Final or other typical KO options in a regular game. What you have to do is to create a KO league with the semifinals and the final in it. Then the client will do everything automatically. But as far as I understand you already have your KO structure created, right?

Ah yes, I think that's what the guy did. I'll ask him to make sure. Thanks for the help.
Candlejack

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 17:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Arcon wrote:
Silver wrote:

You are right.
Also, just in case you don´t know, you can replace teams after the tourney has been set up. So, in case you would like to play 1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd set up the KO-tourney (which sorts random) and then replace the teams as you like.

or just assign group points to the teams and then make the seeding based on points?

Post   Posted: Mar 13, 2007 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Candlejack wrote:
or just assign group points to the teams and then make the seeding based on points?

ah, well
too simple
Wink
Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

My opponent just conceded, and while I had enough cash to hire Griff and Siggi for the final, I now had some more to get Zara and a wizard, too. This is my team for the final of that tourney: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&team_id=262658
Yes, I just wanted to brag Razz
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Mmmm, no Morg? Razz

I would have taken Morg and Count tbh... both make EXCELLENT ballcarriers.

Post   Posted: Mar 14, 2007 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I had 270k - with 10k more I would have hired Morg, Drakenburg and Oberwald. Since Griff Oberwald has been winning me games in the 3rd edition, I am kinda fond of him. Perhaps I should have traded in Zara and the wizard for Morg, though. Oh well.
Arcon

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 09:27 Reply with quote Back to top

nice line up.
Already decided who will be the unfortunate opponent? Wink
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Mar 15, 2007 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Humans are broken (like Orcs) since they can hire so many stars. Sad

Optihut

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2007 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

vanGorn wrote:
Humans are broken (like Orcs) since they can hire so many stars. Sad

They were broken in the days of permanent stars on the roster. Now they are just an average, but fun team.

Tuesday the 3rd of April 2007 I'll be playing against the Laughing Scepter Meadhall at 21:00 fumbbl time!
 Jump to: