62 coaches online • Server time: 23:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
spiro

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry for my errors in English language if some words is not understable then please write to me which one.

I've chosen Snake eyes (aka, the dice randomizer) but it's only the tip of the iceberg.
My favourite thing to complain about is : Imho "luck" in javabbowl depend for some ingredient, i don't know precise what's it but :

Most people on fumbbl know that much easier win match against coach ranking 140 than 170, somebody perhaps can't believe in that, i understand that however some coaches on fumbbl know and they play only against similar CR.
Othervise somebody can say : 140 CR lose cause they not know how to play Rolling Eyes , it's not true cause i know coaches whose play in table bbowl very long and they know every tricks but they still have problems on fumbbl with win some match.

I wonder whether admins can show statistic how many matches were win for ranking 140-150 and how many for 160-180, i think that might be able very interesting.

This is "thing" about what am still thinking, cause "luck" should not depend for anything, if it's true then "luck" it's a not a luck but only some manipulation.

One thing more : some peoples believe in cheats on fumbbl, i know that isn't true cause i had matches where my opponent had unbelievable bad "luck" and i know am not a cheater.

Somebody know why some coaches talking about cheats?

Cause on fumbbl is too many unexplained throws, too many snake eyes, too many three skulls or avalanche 1, othervise i should too say about 6,6,6 , avalanche casualities, kills, fouls without ref penalty and etc ...
Very often that throws happen during match against coach with great Coach Ranking.

I remember one dialog on chat when PeteW said about PeterThorpe that he is poor player cause throw too many 1, i answered : that how some coach is good not depend for how many he throw 1 or skulls.
Some coaches say about self : am good cause my percent of 6 is incredible great, it's silly.

Jesli chcesz pokoju, szykuj sie do wojny.
Synn

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have known of just two individuals who have brought up cheating:

Dusko and you.

__Synn
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 22:40 Reply with quote Back to top

You are caught up in a large samplesize and a selective memory.

With so many games going on on fumbbl, things that you would never see in tabletop actually happen. And because those events are so extraordenary, you remember them in a long time while forgetting the normal rolls. Thus it seems to you, it happens too often.

Believe me.. wierd strings of rolls are only because of 2 reasons:
1) Lots of games get played on fumbbl
2) I`m in those games to get bitchslaped by the dice.
Zingr

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 22:46 Reply with quote Back to top

spiro wrote:
Somebody know why some coaches talking about cheats?

To mock the paranoid Wink
BloodbasherMasher

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

People who make complaining threads.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

People who feel they have to comment on every single peice of bad luck they get during a match.

Last edited by Mattius on %b %05, %2007 - %23:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm fairly sure the original poster was not complaining about cheating:

spiro wrote:
One thing more : some peoples believe in cheats on fumbbl, i know that isn't true ...

What he was talking about, however, I have no idea.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:36 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&op=view&id=1530118

I found this kind of interesting........ Very Happy
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The only known cheat is pressing Alt-F4 during a match. And its use is traced and punished adequately.

Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2007 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

CL is right - it's perfectly 'normal' to have singular matches or infact runs of pronounced "bad luck" on here, simply because of the volume of matches that you play when compared to real life.

I can confess to occasionally getting a little wound up when I feel (note: feel at the time - the reality of watching the replay calmly the next day might be different) that things are going heavily against me, so I have a little sympathy. But, I do try hard to scowl at the monitor, or set the cat onfire, or go for a surf rather than moan about it in the chat window, the dice aren't your opponents fault. That's the best bit about 8.8b, IMHO, the window can get hidden so I can enjoy playing if I run into someone who likes to run a commentary on events as he sees them. Laughing
MadMac321

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mattius wrote:
People who feel they have to comment on every single peice of bad luck they get durng a match.

I know alot of forum members hate complainers. But I do not think every comment on bad luck is complaining.

If someone has horrible luck so they do not even get a turn, what else are they going to talk about? How happy they are? They have not been able to do anything else but fall down.

If they are not allowed to comment on their bad luck, they should just sit quietly at home alone and not bother the other player?

It seems to me if I am just walking away with the game - scoring TD, injuring players, and just racking up the SP that it does not cost me anything if the other player complains about his luck.

Most the time when this is happening I agree with him.

If I dont like it I can just not read the comments. I don't expect the other guy to be happy about sitting at home for an hour watching me play a game while he does little more than stand his guys up like bowling pins.
The_Decon

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 00:04 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate whiners.
And specifically people who whine about avalance 1's or bad dice.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 00:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I hate John Malkovich!

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 07:28 Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite thing to complain about is complaining!

oops... just fouled a coach all the way out of FUMBBL... (gosh)-(darn) it!
Diabl0658

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2007 - 07:53 Reply with quote Back to top

what i hate is people who complain about something, and then do that same thing that they complained about.