37 coaches online • Server time: 13:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
guillaume

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

After a few games in academy, I have a few questions for the veterans of the game regarding protocol:

Is fouling a no-no: I've had players calling me a fouler when I fouled 2 times in a game.

If I have the ref on my side, shouldn't I be expected to foul?

I generally take 2 min for my turns but everyso often I may take a little longer. How long is acceptable? I have had players urging me on after 45 secs on the clock. I generally play with my laptop and dont have a mouse, only a pad.

Thanks, I am just trying to figure out what is acceptable and what isnt.

Please if anyone has any other little gems of behaviour, do pass them on.
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

unfortunatly people are going to be jerks no matter what you do. somepeople will cry no matter what, the majority of people are normal and have their good and bad days however, no matter what you do people are going to whine and cry especialy reguarding fouling. play your game dont let people take you out of your game. save a list of the people you like playing and keep playing them.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

If you foul 2 times, you are a fouler, but to most experienced players fouling is ok. But not to all but just ignore the others. Experienced players are in general less afraid of fouling and dont call people name for fouling once or twice.

If you have the ref you are expected to foul - if you are a fouler. People will get angry when you foul them but thats their problem.

2 mins is ok, you said you played with no mouse on the laptop. Perhaps the thing that bothers the opponent is the slow movement of your players, not the overall time. Just tell them that you dont have a mouse and he will probably understand.

Other people will probably answer in other ways, in particular about the fouling part.
spacebobo

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

You should foul as much as you want. Most people only consider it egregious if you do it with the intention of ruining their team (e.g. when the game is clearly over). Yes, you should almost always foul when you get the ref (exception is the other team is stocked with DPs and you dont want to get fouled back).

2 minutes per turn is fine. In my experience in [R] people will only get upset if you start taking a lot of 4+ minute turns. Don't let someone pressure you into playing faster than you want! Nobody should be complaining after 45 seconds.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all welcome to the site Smile
And I dont see anything wrong in the things you just said.. Yust keep playing and ignore those jerks Smile
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

One more thing. You are expected to say hello to you opponent before the game, and then goodbye after the game. Most coaches skip the goodbye if they are angry on you for fouling them or if they had a really lousy dice rolling day.
Borgen

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Newbie and sissy players dont like people to foul as they either don't know how to defend effectively against fouling or they don't want to see any of their precious players killed. Unless you would like to join them, feel free to foul as often as you like (except perhaps on turn 16 when the game is over), but note that doing so is not always the best strategy for winning the game. There are plenty of people that will not be similarly offended.

2 minutes per turn is on the slow side, but not horribly so, and to be expected if you are newer. In ranked you have 4 minutes to take each turn - people rarely use half that amount of time except in tricky situations.

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

its funny too because you can almost tell how a match is going to go just baised on how mad someone gets the first time somthing goes wrong. tripple skulls should get a crabby comment however killing a superstar on a turn 8 foul at the end of the game will get death threats. use your head and just have fun. if you egg people on then they will snap, while this may help to take them out of the game people will not want to play you. this place is just like playing a pick up game man you will get some freinds and you will get some crapp heads, just read their profile first so that you can know what to expect from people. anyways just dont take it too seriously because anyone on the field no matter how good they are always has a one in six chance of messing up Smile
PjPants

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Ps dont forget to ignore advise from people like me who have 25% win percentage Wink
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

I think one problem with academy is that it is filled with noobs. Noobs dont know yet that all their players will die and make room for even better players. Thats why they whine so much. I am glad as soon as any players without doubles on any skillrolls die - the new player will have better chances of getting good traits or skills than the old one had.

As a noob you should be GLAD when your players die. That will keep your tr down and make it easier to win games. At higher tr the coaches are generally more experienced and rarely makes any huge misstakes.
pac

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:49 Reply with quote Back to top

It's Academy. If someone complains about your fouling, just tell them that you're learning how it works. Razz

Foul as much as you please, and play as fast as you can without making (too many) silly mistakes. Good luck!

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeehaw!
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:53 Reply with quote Back to top

This thread is not about fouling.
Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 20:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Most of it is.
kemimutt

Post   Posted: Apr 20, 2007 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

It doesnt count to your list.
 Jump to: