55 coaches online • Server time: 17:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Cindy Piewhistlegoto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2007 - 12:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Over the next few rounds, I want to ask you guys to keep track of how things work. There are a number of variables that are configurable, and I want to hear what you think of the current setup..

- Are the faction sizes good?
- Are the number of promoted/relegated teams reasonable?
- Is the number of scheduled opponents good?
- Is 6 matches a good "minimum" to avoid the score penalty?
- Is -5 points a good amount per match you haven't played?

As I said, keep these things in mind over the next few rounds and keep me posted of what you think.
Canales

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2007 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Christer,

I just noticed that non-scoring games are not included in the Games column. Is this intentional or an error? If the game does not appear, could it lead to abuses, such as people playing the same coaches several times in a round just to recover their teams?

Thanks again for your efforts in improving the division!
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2007 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

6 matches minimum? That's quite a lot.

Christer

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2007 - 21:48
FUMBBL Staff

Non-scoring matches will not show up in the games column. However, they still get marked as played and you can't play against the same opponent again in that round. The change is intentional, and is there to force you to play at least one scoring game per round or be deactivated.

The 6 matches is the minimum number you need to play without getting penalised. The faction division takes a fair amount of effort as it always has done. If you can't fit in 3 games per week in the division, the division isn't for you.

Either way, I'm monitoring the system and might tweak the numbers in a few rounds if they prove to be too harsh.
Janzki

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 00:27 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the 6 matches limit is for the greater good. It demands commitment to play in faction.

-Janzki

-Douglas Adams
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 09:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Janzki wrote:
I think the 6 matches limit is for the greater good. It demands commitment to play in faction.

-Janzki

I'll second that as you will probably not need to play all 6 to stay up. But to win a F1 medal you'll need to play at least 6 to be in with a chance Smile

I like the new changes so far, especially the fact that non points games don't show up in the games played bit.

Now will someone please squish some of Canales elves!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 10:41 Reply with quote Back to top

faction will be another basher division only.
boring
Kanzo

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The problem in Faction is finding opponents to play. For me it's impossible to find 6 opponents!!

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

La_Yena wrote:
boring

Huh? These changes seem to me like they mean more active teams, and teams which play more 'S' teams (i.e. a wider variety of teams) will be sucessful in [F]action. How can that <i>not</i> be a good thing? Or am I missing something?

I realise you have tr 300 Elves going on there, but what's the worst that can happen? You lose a few guys to some nasty bashers. There are other mangled Elves (hello! Very Happy), or lower tr teams to recover against, 'S' or not, or you drop divisions and re-build. There should still be plety of 'bash-ball' played to keep those Orcs and Chaos in check.

And in some ways, nothing's really changed. You'll still get away with staying in your current division simply by playing a couple of games. Unless [F] traffic picks up, that is.
pac

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

La_Yena wrote:
boring

"Another basher [only] division"? You mean like Ranked, where the majors have been consistently won by elves recently? Like League, where the most successful leagues have equally successful measures in place to ensure a balance of teams?

Please show me one of these "basher only" divisions - to me they seem to be entirely mythical and imaginary.

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

spoken like a true elfbowler
Christer

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 19:33
FUMBBL Staff

pac wrote:
Please show me one of these "basher only" divisions - to me they seem to be entirely mythical and imaginary.

You can probably argue that Stunty is a basher division... But yeah, I agree with you here. The "another basher division" comment seems quite uninsightful Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 19:45 Reply with quote Back to top

On the top of it, is there anything more boring than TR300 elfbowling anyway? Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 19:50 Reply with quote Back to top

JanMattys wrote:
On the top of it, is there anything more boring than TR300 elfbowling anyway? Very Happy

TR400 Elfbowling?

Post   Posted: May 01, 2007 - 21:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Diversity is always preferable over monotony.

Jump to: