62 coaches online • Server time: 21:19
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post RNG speculations
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2007 - 14:22 Reply with quote Back to top

[url=http://www.blood-bowl.net/teamicons/orcacola.gif]Image[/url]

Orca-Cola Cup Series 08/07

- Picks - Schedule - Match Reports -

The OCCS is sure to have some amazing games this month and we'd all like to hear about them. Post a link to the game along with any commentary you'd like to add so we can all take a look!

With some tough matches first round for my teams (both against lauth81) I'm looking forward to sharing my stories (with limited whining!) with you all! Razz

Last edited by Azrahn on %b %06, %2007 - %12:%Sep; edited 1 time in total
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 03, 2007 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Not quite a match report, but this time I entered 3 teams to OCCS tournaments, and got 3 mirror games. Orc vs Orc, Necro vs Necro and Rotters vs Rotters. What are the odds? I won my Orc game, only to propably face another Orc team on round 2...

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Izzys Lizzies lost in the first round to Grandmother's Attack coached by Lucky_eddy

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=1789108

the plush lizardmen by all accounts should have beaten the geriatric Amazons, but lucky eddy proved his name and managed to get the 2-1 win.

good game eddy, but i shall have my revenge.

hahahahah
Lucky_Eddy

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The luck can be stated as follow:

ball at mid field

Dodge in on a 4+, Pickup on a 4+, Dodge out on a 4+, GFI, Dodge away on a 3+. I had the dodge skill but no RRs.

With only 7 Amazons on the field they managed to keep the ball and push it down the other half of the field.

Oddly enough it was the blodging amazons who were all taken off the field. The linewomen carried the load in this game.

Prophane was well and truely robbed of the win in this game!
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Aug 04, 2007 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Opening match of the Antipodal Regianal Shield 08/07 was this dwarf vs dwarf match Mithril Ordern 0 - 1 Fool's Gold Miners.
First half started with titleholder Fool's Gold Miners in offense. The fans of Mithril Ordern captured the ref on kick off. The Ordern players did not got many opportunities to foul in 1st half, though, since the Miners's guarding worked well. But the Mithril Ordern had a solid defense, so runner Holin was forced to switch the flank several times and the Miners' play to gain some paces was becoming more and more desperate. Holin was knocked over and Ordern runner Redgem went away with the ball. Only a snake eye could stop him to score before the halftime break.
Second half started with a perfect defense for the Gold Miners. Another midfield melee followed. This time a runner of Mithril Ordern tried a breakthrough at the flank, but was stopped by Loddarin. Finally Holin could fetch the ball for the Miners and escape with it to score in last second.

prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Prophane's Disciples of Entropy (Chaos) beat SteelThunder's S. Pittsburgh Steelers (Human) 2-0 in 1st Round of the Orca Cola Cup Series Amorical Regional Playoffs!

In true entropic fashion, the games started under a good sign... rain.

The Disciples kicked off to the Steelers and then the push was on. An immediate assault by the Steelers in the first turn left one beastman dead, but the expert use of apoth managed to keep him onthe field. Using every trick in their arsenal, the Disciples brawled their way through the human defenses to put pressure on the ball early in the game. Combining their brute strength and an assortment of unique skills, the Disciples were able to gain control of the Steelers backfield and go after the ball.

Unfortunately it took Chaos Beastman Tumult about 5 tries and several RRs to finally pick up the wet ball and move to the end zone. Unwilling to experience the wizard waiting on the sideline, Tumult 'went for it' and managed to score just before the end of the first half.

The second half started with the Steelers kicking to the Disciples, even though the Chaos lined up as if they were kicking. A lucky kickoff brought the ball close to Pandemonium, the AG4 sure hands beastman. The Disciples get the ball and begin moving it across the field. The second half was wrought with injuries for the Steelers which made it hard for them, but they kept pressure on the ball for several turns before the two ST4 beastmen took off with the ball and headed into the open Steeler backfield. When mere steps from the endzone, the Humans employed their mercenary wizard who sent an arcane bolt of lightning that hit Pandemonium and knocked the ball free. Fortunately for the choas, Anarchy was nearby and managed to scoop the ball up and head for the endzone. With no Humans around, the Chaos managed to score a second TD while continuing to remove opponents from the field.

The Disciples netted 3 skills during the game and added a +AG, piling on and sure hands to their roster. Anarchy, one of the beastmen to skill up, managed to hurt himself during the after party and will bring a niggling injury to the next game.

The game was a 2-0 victory for the Disciples of Entropy, who will move on to the 2nd round of the Amorical Regional Playoffs in the Orca Cola Cup Series.

Good game SteelThunder, see ya back on the pitch again soon!
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 10:49 Reply with quote Back to top

!!Orca-Cola Cup Series Update!!

da Average Joes beat Labour Day 2-0 to win 2nd round of Albion Regional Challenge 08/07

With a large helping of extreme averageness, da Average Joes manage to push past Coach Ebenezer and his Chaos team Labour Day. The Commie workers put up a hell of a fight, but were no match for the jiggy of Joes and their massive stat increases. It was push and pull for much of the match, but the Joes managed to take advantage of 2 good holes in Labour Days defense, both times resulting in TDs.

Good match, Ebenezer, good luck with the rest of the OCCS tourneys you are in. Hope to see you on the pitch again!
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 14:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Well well... Although Azrahn said in his picks that Döden från Örebro should win 2-0 against my Traumatic Tripleskulls, that wasn't the case. It looked bad for me, as I had only 10 players against 13. But I got very lucky on casualties in 1st half, making total of 6. Scumwart was up to the task, making 2 of them. I managed to push 2 Beastmen to crowds on same turn, and both got injured. Meanwhile my opponent, Coach McMagnus managed only to KO my players. I had the advatage in numbers, so my opponent was forced to try a little desperate rushing. I knocked the ball loose and just prevented my opponent from scoring.

It all looked like an easy win, but Nuffle had plans. On 2nd half, I received, and rolled double skulls on first block. Rerolled, and another double skulls. That gave the momentum to my opponent and he bashed almost my whole team to ground. I tried to stop him, but he got a chance to take the 1-0 lead. Just needed 4+ dodge with Rotter and 2 gfi's. Dodge needed a reroll, and luckily (for me) the first gfi failed. I took the ball, and easily rushed to endzone to score on turn 7.

So 1-0 win for me, game recap is here.

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 15:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn you Nuffle! It appears this commentator has inherited the dreaded curse and the sides he picks for the win are going to suffer the wrath of Nuffle. Sorry in advance guys! Razz
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 05, 2007 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Snow Whites Pimps lose 1-3 vs Jkarr's Mafia Massacre Forever in 1st Round of the OCCS Antipodal Regional Shield 08/07

The Pimps thought they were heading into a cake walk today, but it turned out the Orcs were the ones handing out the bitch slaps.

While only one CAS to a Troll Slayer early in the game, the Orcs managed to keep pounding the Dwarves into the ground turn after turn, only stopping long enough to pass the ball all the way across the field a few times to open blitzers in the Pimps backfield. 2 times that ended in a score.

The Pimps did manage to score one in the first half, but that was all for naught as the Orc Mafia pulled out all the stops (and a foul) to keep Snow Whites Pimps merely picking themselves up off the ground each turn.

The Dwarves were just no match for the ST4 BOBs and guard of the Mafia, despite the incredible amount of lucky -2d blocks the Pimps tossed around. It just wasnt enough of an equalizer for Jkarrs good coaching and excellent field position.

Good game Jkarr, good luck with the rest of the tourney. See ya back in the NWL later tonight! It'll be my turn then!
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 04:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Friends and Family beat Mummies on the Field 1-0 in Round 1 of OCCS Reikland Rookie Cup 08/07

The first game ever for both teams. Round One of the Reikland Rookie Cup 8/07, part of the OCCS. The game started off normally with the Mummies kicking off to Friends and Family. The fans (all 35k of them) errupted from teh stands and swarmed the field, stunning 6 players (5 from Friends and Family and 1 from Mummies on the Field) Slowly the Norse began moving the ball across and down the field, using their block superiority to keep the Egyptian undead at bay. Quickly things got bad when several Norse left the field. This did not stop Meg from managing to score a TD, putting Friends and Family ahead 1-0.

Shortly after that, the Mummies on the Field managed to put a bodybag around the scorer of the TD, and due to their unfortunate poverty, the Norse did not have an apothocary to help out.

The Mummies tried as they could but had the hardest time trying to pick up the ball, spending many turns fumbling around trying to pick it up while the Norse kept trying to maintain field advantave with inferior numbers. The Norse kept leaving the field as KOs and BHs and the skeletons finally managed to grab the ball and make a run for it, but in their overeagerness to score, the ball carrier fell and dropped the ball, allowing a Norse Blitzer to gain control. The half ended with very few Norsemen on the field.

The second half was a test of tactics as the Mummies tried as hard to get the ball with out the use of their KOd (from early in the first half) Thro-Ra and the Norse of Friends and Family tried staying on the field while still managing to get the ball.

Neither team did what they wanted in the second half as the score remained 1-0 for Friends and Family, but at the end of the game, only about 5 norseman remained on the field (2 Dead, one SI with a niggle and the rest in the BH or KO bin) With only 30k winnings, Friends and Family will have a tough time moving on to Round 2 of the RRC.

Good game coach Gusia, hope to meet you for a rematch sometime!
prophane

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 20:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Friends and Family lose 2-1 to St Hallows Eve in Round 2 of the Reikland Rookie Cup 08/07, brought to you by the OCCS!

Todays OCCS action happens in Round 2 of the Reikland Rookie Cup. The was a sort of Gloom and Doom hovering above the field and it seemd to affect St Hallows
Eve
, making the Undead a bit unsure of themselves. Friends and Family kick off to the Undead hordes of St Hallows Eve and the Friends crowd surged up and took
down the ref. Not to be daunted, the undead quickly expressd their strength and MrNomads squad began by knocking many Northmen to the ground and bringing the
ball up the field. After some scramble by the Norse, field position was regaines and with a few key dodges, a blitz managed to knock the ball away, which landed in
the hands of Paula. Unable to recover from the confusion, the St Hallows Eve were unable to wrestle the ball back and Paula managed to make a run for it downfield
with a few buddies to help. A lone ghoul tried to stop them but managed to go down and even take an ineffective boot (or too) along the way. Coach MrNomad
responded with his own foul, Badly Hurting Freebooter Sherry. Paula quickly scored to avoid a fouling war and the score was 1-0 Friends and Family.

The next kickoff, on turn 7 sees St Hallows Eve's fans surge up as well and take down the other ref. No officiating for the rest of the half it appears but the fouls
dont come. Minotaur Jim starts a wight hating rampage, managing to BH (no regen) one and SI with niggle (regen) the other. The half ends with Norse Blitzer Amanda
KOd and she dosent seem to want to wake up.

Second half starts with a wonderful PI dropping several players of both team to the ground. St Hallows Eve kicks off to Friends and Family and they manage to grab
up the ball but have a hard time setting their defenses. The undead move in and quickly knock the ball away and take control of the Norse backfield, grabbing the ball
and sending a few Friends off the field with injuries. St Hallows Eve move down the field and score a TD, tying it up at 1-1. With only 6 players to take the field and
missing their Minotaur Jim and 1 Blitzer Amanda, Friends and Family will have a tough road ahead of them.

The next kickoff is punctuated by a rock thrown by sidelined Minotaur Jim, hitting and stunning a Wight. The 6 Norse make a valient push, knocking a few opponents
down, including a Mummy, but St Hallows Eve comes on strong, pushing for numbers and field advantage by quickly rushing the ball with its ghouls. Ball carrier Deb,
with assistance from Josh, make a run for it down field, takin down one Ghoul. As other Friends attempt to come to help, they are tripped while dodging and go down,
leaving the ball virtually unprotected near the sideline. A blitz by a Mindless zombie takes Deb off the field but the ball bounces away to Josh, now scared, alone and
surrounded by undead hordes. In desperation, Josh tries to throw the ball downfield, but it bounces away to nearby open ground.

Nuffle steps in and causes an internet disconnect for Coach Prophane and problems appeared on reload when Coach MrNomad did not load the saved game.

After a few tries, the game finally came back on and St Hallows Eve wasted no time in scoring their 2nd TD, making it 2-1.

Again fielding only 6 players, the Norse take the field. Knocking down a few zombies and a mummy, they attempt to pick up the ball but fail. The Undead retaliate with
a few blocks but end their turn and the game with a win for St Hallows Eve. Good luck Coach MrNomad in the following rounds of the RRC!
Pirog

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

<u>Middenheim Challenge 8/07 - round 1</u>

This turned out to be as bloody as I feared and not so much because of excessive fouling but rather because every single casualty ended up being a cripple or a RIP.

The halflings got the kickoff and made a little break on the right flank while my sauruses was caught up bashing the LOS flings and keeping the treemen at bay.
I got a bad start despite a perfect defense. My dp Inziloq was taken out very early by a treeman blitz and a foolish mistake lead to my kroxigor causing a turnover when he dodged away from a treeman that I thought was prone, but was only rooted.

I cursed my stupidity while McMagnus ran in an early TD. I had plenty of turns to tie the match up again though, which would give me a big edge in the 2nd half, but the dices failed me and time ran out. One of many failed dodges on my behalf screwed me over on what could have been an 8th turn hand over TD. Somewhere along the line Quet-tza was killed when a couple of halflings ganged up on him which left me with few remaining skinks.

In the 2nd half the halflings kicked badly and to my delight I could put the ball in the hands of a saurus with block. I had an excellent position to stall myself to a tie leaving just one turn for a TTM for the flings. I bashed as good as I could but had a very hard time hitting the little ones despite 3d blocks and when I did it very rarely caused casualties. It was instead McMagnus that hurt himself by having some moments of failed GFI's and dodges which left a couple of his players KO'd or worse.

I scored in turn 16 as planned and McMagnus sneakily went for a gangfoul and niggled one of my sauruses instead of going for the TTM.

At this point I was fed up with having bad luck and naturally I also lost the coin toss for the kickoff in OT. Somehow I managed to blitz the ball carrier, dodge a skink next to the ball, pick it up and then run for the end zone line though...surprising both me and my opponents. The following turn he managed a clean block with his halfling pursuers, but I managed to tie the ball up and grind down his LOS players to free up a saurus and my kroxigor to block the ball further. After some horrible close calls, where my skinks managed to pick up the ball but was tripped by dive tacklers, I could finally just brush the halflings aside with my big guys and run in the sudden death TD.

A lucky finish for me, but on the whole I think the luck evened out.

Thanks for the match, McMagnus. It really could have gone either way in OT and considering you only had an 11 man halfling team you did an impressive job holding my sauruses at bay for so long.

In round 2 the Geckos, who are now severly crippled, faces a real horror in Ganfral's Boys. The team is boosted strictly to cause injuries and while a full squad of lizardmen and skinks could prove a difficult challenge for a team that lacks tackle or playmaking skills the reduced Geckos will likely be easy prey...
CanvasBack

Post   Posted: Aug 06, 2007 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Space Hulk Mutiny 0 - 1 Dying to Play You

Dying to Play You managed a victory as predicted but it ended up being a very near run thing. Having lost the toss, Space Hulk Mutiny elected to take the ball. Their drive was going well until a timely dodge out by wight Achem, allowed for him to blitz and turf the little greenskin carrying the ball. What followed was a comedy of errors. The pair of ghouls on the field were taking the ball back for an easy td when an ill-advised gfi knocked Merkin right out of the game. Fortunately for the undead, the ghoul Levitall was on hand to retrieve the ball and zoom even further down field. During this time, another gobbo was laid low for the day. This time by the mummy Tut-an-Sockem. Dying to Play you attempted a stall, but was thwarted in this attempt by mounting kos and casualties, including a ko'd mummy. With an ogre getting ever closer, Merkin chose the better part of valor and scored in turn 7, allowing for the possibility of a one turn TTM score by the Space Hulk Mutiny. This was not to be, as the kicking skill of zombie Jamba put the ball far enough away from any Hulk player as to make this impossible.

The second half saw the return of a ko'd mummy, but inexplicably, he wouldn't remain long. The kickoff was out of bounds and the undead team elected to give it to their prize ghoul in the backfield rather than advance the ball too early. In the course of the next few minutes, Space Hulk Mutiny proceded to wipe the mat with Dying to Play You's front line. Both mummies were knocked off the pitch, along with with a few ghouls and a few zombies. Addtionally, Rick "The Stick" was on the pitch and was destroyed for his efforts. At one point the ball carrier was blitzed by an ogre and was cleared from the pitch. Dying to Play you would finish the half and the match with only four active players. Once again a gobbo came in and scooped the ball, and tried to get as far from the remaining wight as possible, who was tied up in an ogre's zone. That wight was Achem, and he executed a blitz by dodging through a zone and then out to reach the gobbo and earn a casualty. Sensing the opportunity to score was not out of reach, Space Hulk Mutiny made use of the apothecary even though the little greenskin was only badly hurt. The move kept him on the pitch where he remained an annoyance. But he was promptly fouled so by a ghoul who had broken free of his ogre pursuer, and was stunned.

There was a flurry of activity where Achem tried to recover the ball and chuck it down field, he failed in that effort, and merely fumbled the ball. The last play saw the ghoul who had recovered the ball be take a 3 d blitz and hold, as the best result on the dice was pow/exclamation mark, the rest being pushes. Though Dying to Play you did win the game, Space Hulk Mutiny is to be congratulated for beating the spread. Hats off to funboy420 on an excellent match!

"When you have shot and killed a man you have in some measure clarified your attitude toward him. You have given a definite answer to a definite problem. For better or worse you have acted decisively. In a way, the next move is up to him." R.A. Lafferty
Kyyberi

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2007 - 19:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Here we go again... Azrahn said in his picks that "The Tales on the other hand are a team built for the slow grind. With three guards to their opponents none and an AG4 wight, Show Down to deliver the ball safely to the cage I can't see the Anatomy stopping it, especially without a tackler to take down the ghoul who will surely be in charge of the football."

In this game, Tails of the Crypt - League vs. Corpse Anathomy, the pick went wrong. Again.

The game started with my (Corpse Anathomy) offensive drive. My MA10, AG4 Werewolf Trapezius has an easy score waiting, but I decided to halt my rush and take a foul on prone Werewolf. This time, despite the +3 armor roll, foul did nothing. I would have been quite safe if I could have inflicted at least a stun, but that failed armor roll really messed my plan. Now my ball carrier was right next to that Werewolf. With all the Guarding players my opponent (Lucky_Eddy) knocked my ball carrier down. After that my Star Wolf had couple of chances to Blitz the opponents ball carrier, but I failed 2+ dodge on both times. So my opponent scored on Turn 7. It's not difficult to score oneturner with MA10 player, and other with Frenzy. Lucky_Eddy forgot this, and wasn't prepared for my attempt to score on turn 8. His luck carried on to the kick, and it sailed to the wrong side of the field. I pushed my Wolf forward, but failed to pass the ball to him.

So the halftime came with 1-0 lead for my opponent, and I was to kick the ball. I had hurted his Blodger and AG4 players out, and that gave me some chances. Although it looked quite bad as he was in the lead and had 3 players with Guard. But the 2nd half Lady Fortuna was on my side. On first turn, my opponent failed to pick up the ball. So that prevented him from caging the ball. I managed to penetrate his midfield with Wolves and Wight, and then there was some good struggle for positioning and ball. Afterwards I still think that I managed to play the situation quite good, and the luck was with me. Or I might say that the bad luck was not with me. I stole the ball and scored on turn 6.

That gave my opponent 2 turns to win the game, and with 2 MA8 Catchers it's not impossible at all. The following turns I thinked a lot with positioning. Luckily for me Lucky_Eddy wasn't able to score on last turn, as all his players were too far away. So it went to overtime.

Before the overtime started, I felt quite confident. My Star Wolf came back from KO box, and I had more players than my opponent. And my luck continued, as my opponent was forced to kick the ball. I setted up like doing oneturner, as I had 1 reroll left. I thought that with a good kick for me, that oneturner would be the best option. Kickoff result was quick snap, so basicly it was 3+, 2+, 2+, 2+ to win the game. And I had reroll. There were no 1's, so I won the game on 1st OT turn.

Once again we saw that even if the luck doesn't smile at you in the beginning, it might change totally for 2nd half. It was a good game, and there were many turns and situations where it was like puzzle. How to solve the riddle, and what option gives the best odds for success. That's what I love in this game. You need to think and then make a decision. This time I won the game, but with some failed/passed rolls on either side it would have been quite different story. Thanks for the good game for Lucky_Eddy. Was nice to see that even as we have quite different approach to fouling, it doesn't ruin the fun or respect.

And it's always nice to win a game where someone says that "you are going to lose that one". I have now won both games where Azrahn has picked my opponent. Wink

P.S. I think that Azrahn's picks are great, and I'd love to see them more. This game IS partially luck based, so don't take it too seriously. Very Happy