22 coaches online • Server time: 08:02
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Here’s the post about a second game of Diplomacy here on Fumbbl as promised. Below is a list of the players as well as a brief description of the format we’ll be aiming for. Any suggestions, criticisms or applications to join would be much appreciated.

The main Diplomacy thread can be seen here.

Thanks to Qaz for the genius idea of running a Diplomacy game here on Fumbbl.

Players: (countries to be picked randomly)

- Qaz (Italy)
- Walks_in_the_Sun (France)
- downblitz (England)
- Macavity (Germany)
- MadMac321 (Turkey)
- ClayInfinity (Austria-Hungary)
- Spelledaren (Russia)

Format:

- Each turn will be played in one week.
- Deadline for orders for each turn will be Monday at 8pm (BB Time)
- Orders should be submitted to me by PM and preferably in the format described here.
- Map showing everyone’s moves will be displayed on the forum.
- Those players required to do something in the Retreat phase will be contacted.
- Retreat/disband orders must be sent by PM to me by Tuesday at 8pm (BBTime).
- New map showing results of Retreat phase will be posted.
- If it is a Fall turn then the Build/Disband phase will then be run otherwise the next turn begins.
- On a Fall turn each player is responsible for assessing their own support centre numbers and sending me the appropriate build/disband orders.
- Deadline for these is Wednesday at 8pm.

Hope that’s all fairly clear. Just a couple more things. Discussion of plans, alliances, moves etc. should only be conducted during the main game turn. The Retreat and Build phases should be carried out without players discussing their moves. This can’t be regulated online so we’re relying on the goodwill of the players (I trust you really Razz).

Also, I hope people understand the fact that I have a fairly hectic life outside of online computer games (shocking I know!) so if the processing of moves is off by a couple of hours now or then I hope you won’t hold it against me.

For more information on the rules of diplomacy see, http://www.wizards.com/avalonhill/rules/diplomacy.pdf

For more information on the program simulating the moves take a look at, http://realpolitik.sourceforge.net/

Last edited by Azrahn on %b %06, %2007 - %13:%Mar; edited 8 times in total
pac

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd like to join please! Very Happy

Edit: Or, actually, not. Sad

Last edited by pac on %b %31, %2007 - %20:%Jan; edited 1 time in total
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Done Smile
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Me in too please!

Clay
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

[EDIT] Sorry, just had someone pull out due to going away four or five weeks into the game. We're still accepting applications and hopefully we'll be under way soon.[/EDIT]
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Um.... Where can I seee the map? Or will it only come up when the game is starting?

Last edited by Macavity on %b %14, %2008 - %18:%Jan; edited 2 times in total
Qaz

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Looking forward to playing with you all.

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll post the map once we have a full game. Otherwise, I think there is a copy of the starting map in the first thread.
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 21:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I've set up a group page for us. For now it's just an easy way for me to contact you all but hopefully it can grow to have the latest maps and other relevant information. Also means you can easily see all the members of the game and contact them for negotiations.

If you'd like to apply with any team that'd be great. Here's the link: http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4187.
Macavity

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 21:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Are we going to have negotiation time after country assignment/before first move?

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

There will be at least a week after the countries are assigned for negotiations. Will let you know countries as soon as the game is full and then if everyone is done negotiating and sends me moves by this coming Monday I'll run it then and we'll carry on from there. Otherwise the deadline rolls back to the week after. Only applies to the first week though. After that it is strictly one turn a week.
Walks_in_the_Sun

Post   Posted: Jan 31, 2007 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Right! Who wants some?
Qaz

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 00:11 Reply with quote Back to top

I have created a second Diplomacy group called Fumbbl Diplomacy. This is a group to keep scores fom gamge to game as we are now aprotching 2 games and there will maby be more games after this one.

Scores are as follows
10p for a Win (18 supply centere or agreed upon winner)
6p each for a 2 man steelmate
3p each for a 3 man steelmate
1 point for playing a game to the end. This is to encurage people see a game thru eaven to the bitter end. If you get eleminated first of all you still get 1p. To reward people for finishing up the game. People that leaves the game with out a valid reason will be banned from future games.
2p For GMing a game a small reward for thouse that thakes the time to make it fun for the rest.

Link to the second group (Fumbbl Diplomacy)
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=group&op=view&group=4191

"he who has relied least on fortune is established
the strongest"
Niccolo Machiavelli
MiBasse

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 10:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Heck - I'm in this as well!
Azrahn

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2007 - 12:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry Redfish but I've had a response from one of the people on the reserve list for the other game and I think I should give them the spot. Especially as you're playing in the first game already Wink Next time though!
 Jump to: