33 coaches online • Server time: 12:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post DIBBL Awards
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
DanTitan76

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi All!:
I´ve decided to make this simple tutorial to show you that this could be done at home, its easy and it doesnt cost that much. So your family and friends could look at them a bit better, and they dont look so bad on you furniture. This one is made for a Bloodbowl team (the famous Gundabad Warriors) but it could be used for any kind of games with minis.

You´ll need:
• Wooden base
• Wooden board (4 mm)
• Saw for wood
• Drill
• Reel (Size 26)
• Sandpaper
• Wood glue (White glue???)
• Sand
• Black imprimation Spray
• Painting (Brown and green)
• Brushes
• Artificial turf

First of all, take care where you are going to do it, specially if you do it in your dining room, as your wife/family can look at you badly...

We will start with the saw, getting the measures on the board, we saw it and will use sand paper to get it ready. I left some mm with the base so it looks better.

We place now the minis over the board in they chosen place. In this case whe Black orks will be flanked by the blitzers and the rest of the team. Mark the place with a pen.

Now with the reel, we will make the holes for the minis, Better if you have a good place to clean up later (a hover is a nice thing to get near).

I used also a bucket and an adicional board to help out.

I made the first one, the one in the corner is easy to do.

Using something heavy on top (like a stone or a brick) helps to reduce the vibration.
For the bigger holes using the same reel, but go wide until you get to the lines. Its important to leave them smaller as you need to use the sandpaper, to get to the right size.
Once you finish, it would look like this…

Sand Paper time!

Next stage. Check all the holes with the minis, and use the sandpaper to fit them.

Take a bucket so the sand doesnt go that far.

Glue it!

Use a brush to get it everywere.

Remember that its dry quiet quick (5 to 10 min), so dont go to far!

Now some sand over it.

Leave it till it is dry.

Now with the spray, get it black!

Now to get some colors over it... I started with some dark brown and got it mixed with some lighter colors, also adding green to the final mixtures...

It should look like this

Lets see if the players are happy....

Not a happy bunny yet... lets glue the board to the base...

We need something heavy to put over it, like in the pic. Try to put some cartons over it. If the glue goes on the sides, it can be removed later with a cutter.

So lets add some turf, some glue here and there...

I want to get that muddy looks, so I dont want to use too many turf. Check out for the white spots (glue) and we add the turf. I used 2 different kind of turf, one in grains and the other is like little hair.

Well, thats it, now you only need to do the final part to each mini, paint some lines on the field and drop some nice objects over it.

I hope you like it, and you give it a try!

Dan Titan
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 19, 2007 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

wow...

damn nice tutorial Smile

always loved seeing people build scenes for their models instead of just having lone players around Smile

--j

ImageImage
 Jump to: