38 coaches online • Server time: 14:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post What To Do In My Tur...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Turn 16 gang foul?
Part of the game, get over it and tell your APO to expect casualties
62%
 62%  [ 169 ]
Dispicable and worthy of a place on your BLACKLIST
37%
 37%  [ 102 ]
Total Votes : 271

Flapsdaddy

Post 13 Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a quick note to ask what the general opinion is on turn 16 gang fouls.

I think a foul is a valid tactic DURING the game as it gets the opponents players off the pitch and makes it easier for you to win, but a turn 16 gang foul earns you no SPP's and doesnt help your game.....with the POSSIBLE EXCEPTION if you have only caused 1 injury and you want the second injury for the FF roll.
Juff

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This is a new and interesting topic.
JockMcRowdy

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

You need more options in your poll, such as;

Has this been discussed too many times before
Its part of the game but unless its been a foul heavy match its generally a dickish move
Orbital Barrage / Macavity
Pie / Cake

I would then have selected this one;

Its part of the game but unless its been a foul heavy match its generally a dickish move; Its not a blacklistable offence just something to be aware of in future encounters. T16 fouls can be a valid tactic in league situations though.

If you are interested in joining please get in touch.
ClayInfinity

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Who likes Apple or Blackberry pie?
Juff

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I vote orbital barrage - all players on pitch must make an immediate injury roll, all CAS = RIP with no apo save (obliterated to component atoms).
Faibios

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Apple please.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 02:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Bastard, you started a foul thread just as I'm about to head off for the weekend..... of all the weekends to pick.....

For the record a turn 16 gang foul is a good move every game. If your opponent cant handle having their three sacrificial players destroyed in my turn 16 then they shouldnt have scored in their turn 16. By making it taboo you're effectively asking for a freebie.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
Rion

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Foul in turn 16 is best tactic ever.
1. is gives you another foul on your way to get fouling awards, plus a chance for a rotter / zombie (you should foul with your beast or play ud/necro if you want to use that one, or at least say: ooops, "not playing my ud atm")
2. if you can foul in turn 16, it means either your opponent is stalling you now or he did a td turn 16 and you dont have a player with mov 7 or higher on the field (in which case id go for a oneturntry)
3. there is no punishment for fouling 16th turn. usually, you have 1/6 or 1/2 chance to loose a player yourself when fouling. turn 16, you dont care since you got no turn left. So its the best time to foul
f0rd

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think its lame, I have only t16fouled vs ppl that t16fouled me in the past, however, ppl are entitled to play any way they like

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:38 Reply with quote Back to top

I choose Orbital Barrage of Pies Smile

Yeah, and T16 gang foul is evil and worth of finding your opponent in real-life and doing him the same thing he did to your player Twisted Evil Laughing

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Can somebody just link to the last time this was discussed (can only be a page or 2 back)
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey, don't be aggressive towards a newcomer. This is an interesting topic indeed and I want to hear the opinion of the community about it.

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 09:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hay some of us are new here and haven't done this topic 57 times already.

The basic problem is that the game rewards T16 fouls with Star Player points if you get the casualty.
'Real-world' sports only 'reward' fouling if it means a team wins the game.

If I were in charge I'd make casualties from fouls ineligible for SPP, and maybe hold out the possibility of long-term bans for fouling players.

I've said my bit and will now avoid this topic forever in future for fear of being struck by an Exterminatus-sized pie bombardment...
Alf115

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CaienCamelle wrote:
The basic problem is that the game rewards T16 fouls with Star Player points if you get the casualty.

If I were in charge I'd make casualties from fouls ineligible for SPP, and maybe hold out the possibility of long-term bans for fouling players.

Hmm, nope, getting a player injured by fouling him does not reward the fouler with spps. At least in LRB4 (which is the rule set used at fumbbl currently)
BlackNWhiteDog

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2008 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

CaienCamelle wrote:
'Real-world' sports only 'reward' fouling if it means a team wins the game.

I've said my bit and will now avoid this topic forever in future for fear of being struck by an Exterminatus-sized pie bombardment...

Rubbish!

You don't get spp for fouls. All you get is a warm fuzzy feeling inside Razz

Where has all the CAKE love gone?

Jump to: