49 coaches online • Server time: 16:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Fumbbl and Androidgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
slanter

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello there dear fumbblers!
Haven't been on fumbbl for quite a while now, was reminded about this great game
when I saw commercials for the computer game made by Games Workshop based on Blood Bowl.

I love this place but still it would be fun to try the game when it hits.
What are the fumbblers opinion about this game which should hit around summer?
As I understand it the game will have two completely different playmodes (same animations though):
Turnbased like in the tabletop and an action realtime mode for the kiddies!Wink

Somewhat related question: Are you still not using LRB 5.0 here?
Would probably restart my fumbbl addiction if you have implemented it as
ageing-rolls (see niggling) and handicaps made me leave thisplace. Sad

Ehlers

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably you will see a drop in games at first, but then when people finds out that not all races are supported. The tournaments we have here, maybe wont be able in the format in the new game. So after a while people will be returning to fumbbl to play LRB4 and return to the majors etc.

Looks good, looks fun, still need the rest of the races, but does it have a community like here?
Are they prepared for all the exploit that might come with the new game. Most exploit and unfun things have already be iron out here. So people will return and play here and wait for a neverending coming new client.
Melmoth

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I will stay here for sure
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Melmoth wrote:
I will stay here for sure
Tesifonte

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I will try the game. But I will also stay here. (=

TaChIkOmA! \o/
Aargh

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:53 Reply with quote Back to top

I will get the new game, but I doubt it'll make me want to leave FUMBBL. I'll probably use the new game for single player and FUMBBL for multiplayer.
Peter_Thorpe

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 11:57 Reply with quote Back to top

it depends entirely how the online element will work, tbh i cant imagine they will be able to match the scale fumbbl has achieved
i can see myself staying here

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Cough forum search cough. Wink

Welcome back!
Vellian

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I imagine you can find more "hardcore bb geeks" here, so with the new game you will probably have a tougher time finding a competent opponent (or finding one who doesn't drop out of the game the second one of his players is knocked out). So I think I'll check it out, but do most of my playing here on FUMBBL. And, like the rest of us, eagerly wait for an LRB5 client.

By the way, if you are tired of ageing, try playing in the new LRB5 division. It uses the old client, but I think that ageing is removed there.
magan174

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 12:12 Reply with quote Back to top

cool to see U back here Slanter. We have made a truíbute to U by playing Ogres in SL. How is life? How is it with Pjotor and Rick S Chris? drop by the Sl chat
Thomcat

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 13:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Ehlers wrote:
Probably you will see a drop in games at first, but then when people finds out that not all races are supported. The tournaments we have here, maybe wont be able in the format in the new game. So after a while people will be returning to fumbbl to play LRB4 and return to the majors etc.

Looks good, looks fun, still need the rest of the races, but does it have a community like here?
Are they prepared for all the exploit that might come with the new game. Most exploit and unfun things have already be iron out here. So people will return and play here and wait for a neverending coming new client.

I am surely going to buy and try out the new game - BUT there are a few things that so far is disapointing about the new game:

1) No spectating games at all - and from what they say in their forum this is not something they are even working on. How they think they will get the big tournament-feeling when all everybody else can see is results I cannot fathom.

2) only 8 races - but this is not a huge problem. Because you should be able to create the others yourself. But the graphic for those will be weird at least - and no info about them being able to play in normal tournament-mode.

3) Find it very sad that they have spend so much time on a realtime version. That is to me just not Blood Bowl. Some people hate turnbased games - and that is ok - but I cannot see how BB is worth using time on in a realtime mode. Unless they had taken the full step - and made the realtime-mode a game where each human played one player only. And then became like CS or other of the clan games.

BTW the best source for info about this game i´ve found is http://bloodbowldigital.com/index.php?option=com_frontpage&Itemid=1

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 16:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Vellian wrote:
And, like the rest of us, eagerly wait for an LRB5 client.

Don't assume that you know what everybody else likes and doesn't like. Personally, i hate LRB5 so much that it was the only reason i joined fumbbl (so i could keep playing LRB4). If fumbbl ever drops LRB4, i'm dropping fumbbl.

In fact, this new computer game being based on LRB5 is the main reason why i won't even bother with it (although there are other reasons, like too many kids on the console, and not all races being implemented).
slanter

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 16:39 Reply with quote Back to top

So you guys don't see the fact that they use LRB 5 as a big plus?
I'm a numbers man, so the graphics part is nothing I'll enjoy after the first few games.
But you are probably correct in that it will be hard to play with kiddies dropping out of
the games after they lose their zomgsuberimba chaos warrior to my crowdsurfing skills Twisted Evil

Magan: I'll hopefully move to Uppsala this summer, cut down on WoW and test the Blood Bowl game.
Hopefully the game will reawake my hunger for Fumbbl and you great guys (4.0 keeps me away still) Smile

Zombie69:
For me at least it felt like the handicaps and ageing,
especially the niggling part stopped me from enjoying the team-building part of the game.
No matter how good I was and how well I distributed my points the teams were always limited by the pure luck of a few ageing rolls.
I don't mind bad luck during games, but giving a low amount of rolls the potential to doom a team permanently sucks so bad...

*oki, let's not make this a LRB 5 vs LRB 4 thread*

Pirog

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 19:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I will probably get the game, but I doubt that the online community will be able to have as good tournament structure as Fumbbl has and tournaments are important to me.

Since I haven't played TT Blood Bowl in 10 or so years I have never actually tried LRB5, so I don't know if I will like it or not.

I think the computer game looks like it has a lot of potential, but the multiplayer part will be hard to get working since there is an obvious risk that people drop games that are going bad for them. Here on Fumbbl such coaches can be banned, but I doubt that Cyanide will have the chance to prevent people who has purchased the game from entering the multiplayer modes.

My guess is that it will be a fun single player game, and possibly a great game for setting up private tournaments. I can imagine computer game tournaments being arranged here on Fumbbl and maybe even following the Fumbbl rules regarding drop-outs etc.
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Feb 15, 2009 - 19:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll definitely be getting the game for XBox 360. My though on it at first was that I would probably never play here after that, but then Blackbox came around, so I will always play here.
 Jump to: