52 coaches online • Server time: 15:40
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 15:36 Reply with quote Back to top

hi *,

i've been a bb-addict some 15yrs ago (rules much different, back then) and am thrilled to find bb online, nowadays Smile

i'm not a computer noob, but am having difficulties setting things up...

my config is:

winXP Pro
Firefox 2.0.0.13
Sun JRE 1.6.0_04
Chatzilla 0.9.81
Zonealarm shut down
Router w. Firewall: opened ports 8080-8085 (tcp+udp) w forward to local ip of computer

when i'm trying to start a game i get the following problem...

1. clicking "Play" next to a team
2. "Game Launcher" window opens, i enter:
a) proxy: "Sweden 1 (...:8081)"
b) proxy game name: "Robert"
3. clicking "Launch as Server"
4. choosing java BBowl-directory...
5. BBowl-client mit window "Java BBowl Setup" startet...
a) Host: "proxy.fumbbl.com"
b) Port: "8081"
c) Proxy: "Robert"
d) Team 1: "http://...<myteam.html>"
6. clicking "Host Game"
7. new window "Enter Username and Passwd"
8. clicking "OK"
9. -> IOException: [...]"Connection refused: connect"

does anyone have any suggestion what could be wrong? Confused

or how to go about analyzing the problem
Question

thanks,
R.

edit: sorry, 'slipped some german in there Wink
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 17:04 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, it's quite strange, but i just discovered that when instead of automatically starting the BBowl-client (step4) i start it myself (via java -jar BBowl.jar in the cmd) it works - NO ERROR Smile - just need to find an opponent, now Razz

'd still like to know what's wrong, here - maybe someone has an idea?
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 18:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, it still didn't work!

I've contacted my first dedicated opponent, but we couldn't figure the prob. out...

...first i had set up a server - he couldn't connect...
...then he set up a server and i actually could connect (by starting the client myself <java -jar BBowl.jar> in the cmd - not via the "play"-link), but my client said, that i had v8.8 installed while he had v8.9...
...then i installed v8.9 - still couldn't start BBowl via the "play"-link (Error still: "Connection refused: connect")
...starting v8.9 myself (via cmd-line) worked, but then it couldn't find my team at http://fumbbl.com/teams/Mithril+Runners.html, but said: "FileNotFoundException: .\teams\Mithril+Runners\Mithril+Runners.html"

this sucks - anyone any idea?
(what to do or where else i can get support?)
Rion

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 18:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems to be a connection problem for sure. Are you using a proxy-server? If not, id say the problem is your firewall, as something seems to block your connection. Hard for me to describe that in english, but if i was you, id try to connect with firewall deactivated (dont do anything else while it is turned off). if there is still the problem, gotta go for searching again, if not, you at least know that the problem is the firewall. Then you can start to figure out what it is exactly, id bet you either block a port or a service that fummbl wants to use.

Could also be some security options, but i dont think you are running internet security options. Usually, its only activated on server editions (2000, 2003...) Can check it at software -> installed windows components (translation from german, hope it fits) -> check if there is an component called "internet security options" or something like that, and if it is activated.
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2008 - 20:52 Reply with quote Back to top

ok, thanks for crushing your heads (i hope Wink) - it's really been very easy to resolve once i tried this one:

you apparently need admin-rights for the client to function properly - it's all working now !!! Smile

@Rian:
and yep: i was thinking about ports, proxies, etc. as well, but not using a proxy at all...
...could've just used german since i'm from frankfurt... Wink
treborius

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2008 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

can i *close* this thread myself? Confused
how???
 Jump to: