57 coaches online • Server time: 16:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 13:14 Reply with quote Back to top

TRUST THE COMPUTER! THE COMPUTER IS YOUR FRIEND!

Greetings, citizen! THE COMPUTER has made you a TROUBLESHOOTER, a protector of the underground city of ALPHA COMPLEX. You and your fellow Troubleshooters will have lots of fun rooting out Communist mutant traitors. The Computer says so.

Members of treasonous secret societies like the Communist Witches, the Illuminati, and the Sierra Club may attack, maim or blackmail you. Treasonous mutants with powers like Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, Charm, Telepathy and Bureaucratic Intuition may push you, incinerate you, subvert you, read you or bury you in paperwork. But it will be fun. The Computer says so, and The Computer is your friend.

Most fun of all is uncovering your fellow Troubleshooters' secret societies and mutations, accusing them of treason and persuading THE COMPUTER to terminate them -- before they do the same to you.

Short background for all those who don`t know Paranoia:
In a (not so??) distant future the powers of the world have decided to nuke the planet as they have prepared subterrean bunkers as safehavens for their citizens. You are citizen of the alpha complex, the only place on earth where democracy and freedom is still hold in high esteem, because THE COMPUTER says so! Speaking of which... THE COMPUTER is the KI running everything in the bunker and as development of even more insane nukes was funded better than the KI development, THE COMPUTER has gone nuts looong ago, seeing commies, mutants and *grasp* even mutant commies everywhere. Being a mutant is treason, being a communist is treason - and traitors will be terminated, as soon as the computer is convinced of the guilt (read: possibly any time). Every citizen has a security level ranging from infra-red (=barely allowed to live in the complex) over the whole colorspectrum to ultraviolet (=may soder around on THE COMPUTER`S mainboard). Likewise, actions (like wiping your nose or entering a room) need a security clearance. Wiping your nose without proper clearance?? Treason!

Setting:
There are rumors, that there are pyrokinetic mutants, that can kill with mere focus of thougt. Clearly THE COMPUTER recognizes this threat to the free world and has chosen to deal with it accordingly. You all are troubleshooters, carefully (read: randomly) selected by the computer to find those nasty mutants and have them terminated! While you are at it, you can check everyone, if they are proper democrats. If you find any commies, they can be terminated as well!Of course this might be difficult as nearly everyone is either a mutant, a commie or both!

The players:
3 Pyrokinetics
9 other mutants
2 IntSec agents undercover
1 undercover radiologist (democrat)

Everyone is member of either the 'Communists', the 'Mystics' or the 'Free Enterprise'. Of course the upright democrats as well as the radiologist are only faking their membership to gather information.

Everyone starts with knowledge of his two groups.

Winning the game:
Pyrokinetics win the game, if half or more remaining players are from their fraction (Pyrokinetics >= rest). The Pyrokinetic from the 'treacherous society' with the most people alive take the main win.

IntSec agents undercover win the game, if all Pyrokinetics are killed and at least one or the 'treacherous societies' are eridicated. (Note: yes, that means one of this team has to die for the other 2 to win)

Other mutants win the game, if all Pyrokinetics are killed and they belong to the mutant group or 'treacherous society' with the most remaining members. The player being in both strongest groups takes the main win.

Powers:

Pyrokinetics can kill one person at nighttime. They have to agree on the victim and send it via PM to me. After that they are so exhausted that the have to wait till the next night to kill again.

The undercover radiologist (democrat) can study one subject a day and get knowledge of their secret mutant power.

The IntSec agents undercover are selected to protect the radiologist with their life. If the Pyros try to kill him, one of them will take the bullet - of course only if they chose to (they are not stupid). By default they will protect the radiologist until they chose (by PM) not to.
In addition, THE COMPUTER will listen to them extra carefully. Their votes count double unless PMed otherwise.

I`d say polls close at 23:00 bbtime and nightly killings must be PMed to me until 07:00 bbtime.

Your briefing officer Circ-U-LAR-4 will be ignoring Questions and expects you to volunteer. Failure to volunteer and signup is treason.

Troubleshooters:
Em-O-BEE-5
Walksin-B-SUN-3 (voted off 3rd day)
Zagh-R-OOG-1
Shad-O-FSX-2
Nic-O-DMS-4 (votes off first day)
Choo-I-EEE-1 (burned 3rd night)
Dukety-R-ION-1 (voted off fourth day)
Sh- -RAP-1(burned second night)
Eye-R-PAC-1 (burned first night)
Plo-R-GGG-4 (voted off second day)

Spel-Y-DAR-1(voted off second day)
Spoony-B-ARD-1(burned fourth night)
Chickenb-R-AIN-3 (voted off 5th day)

Real-I-MAD-2
Me-ECH-4
Kaz-B-GUD-2 (terminated for inactivity)

Reserve:
downblitz

Everyone please PM me your society and group, so I can double checked, if I have pasted all 15 opening PMs right.

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %23, %2008 - %00:%Apr; edited 9 times in total
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

The first poll will close on wednesday 18:00 bbtime. First killing will be 4 hours later

Some things for teh evil pyros:
As you 3 guys have to focus on 1 target to make it burst into flames, all three have to agree on the victim. Therefore I`d like every pyro to send me the victim. If I recieve only 1 PM, noone will burn. If I recieve 2 PMs with a matching name, that guy will burn. If I recieve 2 or more PMs and the victims don`t match, there won`t be any burning. Note: The spelling doesn`t have to match, as long as I can identify you are targeting the same player (So no matter if you target Circular, CircularLogic or Circ-U-LAR-1, I would burn, if the computer didn`t protect me).
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Greetings citizens,
I am Circ-U-LAR-1, your briefing officer.
Due to a series of sponateous self ignitions among trusted citizens of clearance GREEN or higher The computer is sure that this is the act of teacherous evil mutants. You have been assigned to troubleshooter duty to find and eliminate all mutants and other traitors. As the computer is sure, that the evil mutants are among this group, you don`t have to walk far to fulfill you mission! You can just stay in this room! This is how caring The computer is! I am absolutly positively sure, that this mission will be fun. In fact, fun is mandatory. Just to make sure, that the evil traitors won`t flee, the doors security clearance has just been set to ULTRAVIOLET.

For you to carry out your mission, you will be assigned the following equipment:
- 1300 Series PDC (Personal Digital Companion) to send your verdict to the computer
- Pen with non-toxic inklike writing fluid
- PAPYR-LIKE (tm) portable writing surface

The Mandatory Bonus Duties for this mission are:
Dukety-R-ION-1 - Teamleader
Shad-O-FSX-2 - Hygiene Officer
Em-O-BEE-5 - Loyality Officer
Spoony-B-ARD-1 - Happiness Officer

Good luck, troubleshooters. And don`t forget: Trust The Computer! The Computer is your friend.

/offtopic
Mandatory Bonus Duties have been randomly assigned, have no ingame relevance besides some roleplaying if desired.

Last edited by CircularLogic on %b %15, %2008 - %14:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Execute Dukety-R-ION-1

We should be going for multiple executions. Multiple executions are fun and fun is mandatory.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Announcement:
Due to the procession of the AKN/36/ZBC.rev36 form Sill-Y-SOD-5 is in fact Em-O-BEE-5. Sill-Y-SOD-5 does not exist, will not exist and did never exist. Sill-Y-SOD-5 is hereby declared an unperson. Speaking of an unperson might be considered as treason.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Awsomeness, I'm having fun already. Of course, I was before Very Happy

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 14:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Vote Em-O-BEE-5

Any attempt to disrupt the team leader in his glorious duties whould be seen as an attack against the computer.
Chickenbrain

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

What shall I say if Loyality Officer and Teamleader are catfighting each other.

Bring on a fresh target then:

vote Nic-O-DMS-4

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 15:54 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Any attempt to disrupt the team leader in his glorious duties whould be seen as an attack against the computer.

Indeed!

Citizen Dukety-R-ION must have been selected by the Computer to be Team Leader for a reason.

Indeed, it must have been an especially good reason for a Red Clearance citizen to have been given authority over such high ranking citizens as Choo-I-EEE-1 and Real-I-MAD-2.

I find it disturbing indeed that Citizen Em-O-BEE-5 shows so little faith in the wisdom of Our Friend the Computer's decisions.

Vote Em-O-BEE-5
Zaghrog

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 16:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I will not disagree with the COMPUTER, our friend. With wisdom, the COMPUTER has selected the right Troubleshooters for Bonus Duties.

Vote Nic-O-DMS-4

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go...
RealMadns

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 16:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Eye-R-PAC-1 speaks wisely if perhaps a tad overzealous...

Dont take fellow citizen Em-O-BEE-5 to seriously, he is just having fun... After all fun IS mandatory!

But I would agree that our good team leader is not the right person for our first target... perhaps someone of lower rank would be a good start?

I recon that to:

<b>Vote Chickenb-R-AIN-3</b>

Would be double plus FUN
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 19:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Fellow citizens, as Hygiene Officer, I feel that the COMPUTER has been wise in choosing me to ensure that we are all hygenically-oriented during this mission.

As such, I shall be ensuring that anyone who does not follow the COMPUTER's wishes in being clean and healthy, will be executed.

Execute Walksin-B-SUN-3

Cleanliness is next to godliness, but it is mandatory.

--j

ImageImage
Chewie

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 23:29 Reply with quote Back to top

<b>Ctrl+Alt+Delete Nic-O-DMS-4</b>
SillySod

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 23:37 Reply with quote Back to top

pac wrote:
I find it disturbing indeed that Citizen Em-O-BEE-5 shows so little faith in the wisdom of Our Friend the Computer's decisions.

I have every faith in The Computers decisions. Clearly Our Friend The Computer put me in here for a reason too knowing that I would instantly see through Dukety-R-ION-1's artful guise.

As loyalty officer it is my duty to increase the group loyalty by removing traitors and mutants. As I know myself to be completely loyal the proper and correct execution of my duty will be for me to remove all those of dubious loyalty thus increasing group loyalty to its rightful 100% when only I remain. I will find it Fun and Fun is mandatory, thus preserving my garunteed loyalty.

Nicodemus1

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2008 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Computer your right in every way, but the paradox in Dukety-R-ION-1 - Teamleader and Em-O-BEE-5 - Loyality Officer fighting each other is cursing an computer error on my switchboard!
Need further orders to respond to alarm?

Leader over loyalty? Loyalty over Leader!?

Computer you are my friend, guide me please