41 coaches online • Server time: 12:31
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Claw/MBgoto Post 90+ Custom Rosters!goto Post Designer's Comm...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Catastrophy

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

He already has Dodge/Block . . and as i recently started BB again and never really played competitive, im really unsure of what i should pick with the double skill.

I already picked "Guard" with my other blitzer, and i don't really find 'that' much use for it.
Chewie

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow?
Catastrophy

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

How does that work in Javabowl? i mean. . how does it pick whether its armor or injury it adds to?
Elminster

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is chosen automatically. If you would not break armor +1 is added to the calculation, but you still dont have to break armor. if you already broke armor with the normal 2d6 roll without modifier, the +1 is added to the injury roll.
Haxtor

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:19 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you not find much use for guard? Guard is a game winner for elves with decent positioning
Catastrophy

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 22:21 Reply with quote Back to top

I like my blitzers to run around and do stuff. It would have been alot more useful for me on a lineman ^^
JHassler

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 23:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Since DEs get 4 Blitzers, I think Guard on two is awesome.
Jeffro

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want your Blitzer to be a ball hog, you could give him Nerves of Steel and have him be the intermediary between the thrower that stays back and the catchers that run in position to score. OR... there's always Frenzy >Smile
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 15, 2009 - 23:55 Reply with quote Back to top

guard ... or dauntless, to go for those pesky ST4 or ST5 players.
gregory_n_white

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

dauntless is a good one -you already get frenzy on witch elves.
If it were my team id go for guard, or dauntless I think
Reisender

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 00:19 Reply with quote Back to top

darkies need MB for FF
Zombie69

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 00:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you play against bashers a lot, then guard. If you play against elves a lot, then mighty blow, or you could simply retire the team in shame! Mighty blow is most efficient on low AV players, and guard is most efficient in a scrum. Having a single player with mighty blow can of course help, but you also can never have too many guards.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 00:39 Reply with quote Back to top

with guard not being an option, I'd go with dauntless if you tend to play vs bashy teams, and mighty blow if you tend to play other elves and skaven.

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Well i already had a Guard, so i went with Mighty blow, i think i feel the extra punch. Or more exactly my opponents do. I hope my next lineman gets double roll so i can get another guard.
Against low AV teams i already tend to do exceptionally well with my cruel darkies, the Mighty blow actually seems to be more important for me to have a chance of bringing those tougher guys down
f_alk

Post   Posted: Sep 16, 2009 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

"a" guard is not enough. He can only be at one place and for a full blown scrum, he is instantly outnumbered by teams with two guards Smile. And Skaven can have up to three without big problems.
 Jump to: