21 coaches online • Server time: 06:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post SWL Season CIgoto Post RNG speculationsgoto Post Roster Stats - Snotl...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Do we need something to ensure a roughly even spread of races?
No. Every coach should just play whatever race he likes.
66%
 66%  [ 133 ]
Yes. Racial variety is needed for [B].
33%
 33%  [ 68 ]
Total Votes : 201

CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 17:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes.. I`m one of the guys afraid that [B] will have a very skewed racial population and that this fact take the popularity of this division down. Yes, I know the first thing to do is having non-standard teams in [B] yourself - I already have done that part.

I don`t like racial restrictions of the 'There may only be x% of each race in the league at each time' as it means some people get screwed. So I want to propose something else:

There shall be categories that group races:
A - Orcs, Dorfs, Khemri, Chaos
B - Undead, CD, Necros, Rotters, Ogres
C - Norse, Humans, Amazons, Skaven
D - WE, DE, HE, Proelves
E - Vamps, Lizzies, Stunties

Everyone is require to have between 4 and 6 active teams in the league at each time. With those teams he has to cover at least 4 categories. As it is now, a coach always enters all his teams into the box.

You notice, that a coach can still focus on the races he prefers. It just makes sure, that there are always reasonable chances for all kinds of matchups.
PhrollikK

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:12 Reply with quote Back to top

I am for Racial diversity. Ofcourse I have yet to play a game in B due to not having time, so flame on.

But in all seriousness, maybe limiting the CR-pay off of winning with a highly succesful race might be the way to go.

Bill_Vestergaard

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I know I will be playing in Blackbox if it is going to continue as it is now. I just love it, it is fun playing against all kinds of teams, but it is only fun as long as I choose which team I will play with. I wont be making that many team and for sure not teams in 4 of your categories, then I wont play at all in Blackbox.

I want to play my favorit race as often as possible( meaning always unless I feel like trying something new that single match once every month)

I intend only to have one team in Blackbox and I intent to keep playing that as much as possible because that is the team I think is the most fun to play in that division.

No race restriction or I'm out of Blackbox.

Bill

PS. and just for the record I play High elves, not orcs.
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:16 Reply with quote Back to top

hmm ... lets just see how it works out the way it is now and see if we have to change it later.... im with you about the strong race overrun.. but lets just wait for it to happen and decide then
sKink

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:20 Reply with quote Back to top

People are too afraid to use teams that might get hurt, especially when they do not get to cherrypick their games. Thats why the division should be called OrcBox.

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we should have a committee of ~15 veterans, to start a game both coaches have to send a request for that particular game to have a green light from the committee. This can prevent overuse of a particular race, cherrypicking and all sorts of bad things we dont like!

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:37 Reply with quote Back to top

No. Let people play what they want to play.

That being said, I will be turned off if I have to play orcs or dwarves every game with my elves or skaven or humans (whichever I decide to play). However, to limit people's choices is not the solution.

Honestly, if the issue that people are getting beat up too much, then what should be done is increase the winnings in Blackbox. So just a straight +20k per game winnings for each team. This would help the weaker teams that get bashed up. But again, this is really a suggestion for later. B is in its alpha stage, I would say, 3-4 months from now if there is no racial diversity and is boring to play - then attempt to fix it.
SillySod

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Racial diversity is a great idea, I'd be happy if it didnt happen but its would be good if it did. However I'm not in favour of your proposal since it will still skew the races somewhat... who would have pro elves when you could have woodies, who would have goblins when you could have lizzies?

I'd prefer a credit system. Basicly the credit system gives you credits for playing games with underused races (e.g. goblins) but takes them away for using the same races as everyone else (e.g. orcs). You cant play a particular team if the game would take your credits below zero, obviously the system would have to feed in more credits than it takes away to give people a certain amount of flexibility. That way if you played nothing but orcs and chaos your suppy of credits would dry up fast so you'd either have to play something else like goblins or vampires for a while or you could say goodbye to playing in [B].

As i said I would be content without such a system.... but it would be nice.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

sorry guys, but while the thought is admirable...

the fewer restrictions, the better this division is going to be...while admittedly there needs to be some restrictions in place to ensure the purity of the division, such as locked rosters, and a blind system...but this may be a little too overzealous...

people should be free to play whatever they want...

if people want to play orcs, let them...if they want to play woodies, let them...

yes there is going to be more orcs overall than anything else...big deal...if you look at what has actually been played...

orc - 17
chaos - 14
woodies - 11
human - 10
helf - 8
khemri - 7
ogre - 7
skaven - 7
undead - 7
dorf - 4
necromantic - 4
norse - 4
rotters - 4
chaos dorf - 3
elf - 3
vampire - 3
amazon - 1
delf - 1
fling - 1

not too terrible....and honestly, you're making these kinds of judgement calls on less than 24 hours worth of gameplay?...why not give the division a chance to get out of alpha stage first, and get more exposure before throwing up some sort of idea on restricting what has already been proven to be an enjoyable division, despite what may or may not happen in the future?

i don't think any sort of race restrictions should be put in play....who cares if there is a lot of orcs?...guess what, there's a lot of orcs in ranked too, and i would bet there is more orcs in ranked than anything else....

they're a solid team, even though they are kinda boring....there will be plenty of other races to play against as well, no biggie...

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %10, %2008 - %18:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
Reisender

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

lets just continuously boo at all orc players Very Happy

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Wink this might help

greetz reis aka ratboy
funnyfingers

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like you can see the other teams looking for blackbox. I noticed a Norse team listed and then a Dwarf team listed.
shadow46x2

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

how exactly are you able to see who is activated, especially since christer makes the valid point that the system doesn't activate by team, but by coach?

--j

ImageImage

Last edited by shadow46x2 on %b %10, %2008 - %20:%Nov; edited 1 time in total
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Hellfishes eat Orcs for breakfast.
(and yes, boo for coaches who always go for the cheap choice)

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 20:46 Reply with quote Back to top

No, please, at least until it's very clear that restrictions have to be put on this.

Diversity could be encouraged with bonus to ranking or with tournaments, no need for restrictions imho.
WG|Dark_Angel

Post   Posted: Nov 10, 2008 - 20:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as i recall, there was supposed to be some sort of ranking system. So long as the ranking formula accounts for the frequency with which the race in question is played when it rewards the players, everyone should be fine, no?
 Jump to: