21 coaches online • Server time: 03:27
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post It's almost tim...goto Post Claw/MB
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Bram

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi all,

For the first time I made a Skaven team and in my third game I got severely outbashed against elves http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2456179. I'm not yet used to the proper skaven playstyle and suspect that I play wrong. I'm more or less used to play with elves, but I guess skaven are something different entirely.

So more specifically: what did I do wrong this game? How did I get outbashed by a team with also av7? Was it bad positioning or just bad luck?

Regards,

Bram
PainState

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

with out looking at the replay and just the raw stats, at work and cant look at replay, you threw 36 blocks to his 52. Right there is the problem. He had 18 more blocks/chances to break your armor. That can be because of bad postioning or bad luck. Depends on the situation at the time. Bottom line, if the guy allmost throws 50% more blocks than you, well hold on to your butt because if Nuffle does not love you then you are going to get smacked down.

EDIT: That applies to all races regardless of AV. You lose the Block war big time, well then given enough chances even AV9 will wilt under the onslaught.

Last edited by PainState on %b %09, %2008 - %18:%Dec; edited 1 time in total
odi

Post   Posted: Dec 09, 2008 - 18:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Spread out you team a bit more, dont be afraid to dodge away with the linos in the end of the turn (unless they have to be positioned to take a hit), rather than leaving the oppo a 2d block to start with. And dont use your gutters as decoys before they get block, after they get block, and then sidestep, they can be really annoying to the opponent. Oh, and with cheap 50k linoes... Foul more. .. But PainState is right with the amount of blocks. I usually have trouble vs elves with my skaven too, since the speed advantage isnt there anymore.
 Jump to: