59 coaches online • Server time: 20:58
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

OK folks, I had this incredible idea (or so I hope) about making a league for all the official races in BB, no more, no less. What this means is that I'll accept 21 NEW teams, from the official rosters page. When a race is taken, it's taken!

At the moment I'm thinking about making this league, but would like to see if there is enough interest for it, before I start a new League Page.

Why am I fancying this idea? Well... 'cos everyone is always arguing which team is the best, etc. etc., which can be quite annoying so I thought let's see which race is the best (of course, this won't prove anything, blah blah... Smile )!!

If you're interested, PM me with your choice of race and I'll post here to let people know if it'll go through or not - in other words, if there is enough interest.

RULES (these rules will apply if the League starts):

- Round Robin
- Official NEW Roster Teams
- Big Guys allowed
- No Wizards
- No Star Players
- No real Deadline (only serious coaches please!)
- No forfeits
- Conceding a match not allowed

TEAMS THAT ARE TAKEN

Dwarf (LiteralPhilosopher)
Humans (JackBlock)
Ogres (RawMessiah)
Orcs (Kraark)
Wood Elf (Duckwing)

Last edited by RawMessiah on %b %17, %2008 - %16:%Dec; edited 6 times in total
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

This is going to give you massive problems.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:08 Reply with quote Back to top

No big guys allowed on other teams but you've taken the ogres? Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:09 Reply with quote Back to top

SillySod wrote:
Quote:

This is going to give you massive problems.

Yeah, I've been thinking about it, the thing I'm hoping on is that each and every match would be played but obviously if two coaches don't play after some time I would NEED to forfeit, but only if it is a MUST(!).
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:11 Reply with quote Back to top

paulhicks wrote:
No big guys allowed on other teams but you've taken the ogres? Very Happy

Haha, I see the irony as well, sorry!! Smile Smile

But I so love that team and my first initial thought was to only play with PURE teams, so to say, no big guys to mingle with - they don't get the chance to destroy a game!.

I guess I don't have an excuse........ Smile
SillySod

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:13 Reply with quote Back to top

A big guy is very much part of the team they come with. Thats why dwarfs, amazons, and vampires dont get big guys but humans and norse do - because the big guy is part of the "pure" team and is intended to be there for team balance.

"There are those to whom knowledge is a shield. There are those to whom it is a weapon. Neither view is balanced."
paulhicks

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

The one problem you may find with limiting certain things is that you no longer have your stated aim of seeing which tea is the best.
If you don't allow big guys onto th ehuman, orc, chaos etc rosters then they loose out slightly to the teams like khemri, dwarfs etc who havnt had their own potential reduced in the same way.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the general Idea, but hate the team weakening by not allowing big guys. Bring big guys back into the fold and I may consider entering a team.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:28 Reply with quote Back to top

So,

according to your rules, it would be Goblin without Trolls and Halflings without Treemen.

Is that not a little unfair, especially since Khemri are allowed 4 mummies and you get the all Ogre team.

Hmmmmm.

Get Orcs Out of Faction.
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, it will be interesting to see which coaches you get (outside of Dwarves, Orcs and Khemri).

Last time this was done by Brownrob (Fumbbl World Cup), it was fun for a game or tow, then the stunties stopped playing, then the Elves stopped playing, then the middle teams (Norse, Rotters) stopped.

Fun concept, but with no deadlines, you will have to find some pretty solid coaches to take those Goblins on, since you are not allowing them to concede.
bicarbonateofsteve

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

sounds good apart form all the no big guy shenanigans, it just unbalances teams, surely your ogre team should consist of just 6 goblins?
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, Big Guys are on as there is much talk about them ( Smile ), and will set a 3 week deadline (a bit long but this gives people the breathing space they might need).
RawMessiah

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:37 Reply with quote Back to top

bicarbonateofsteve wrote:
sounds good apart form all the no big guy shenanigans, it just unbalances teams, surely your ogre team should consist of just 6 goblins?

Haha, my ogres always consist of 2-3 goblins, for a reason everyone is too aware of (*cough* stunty dudes...).

Smile

Also, big guys are on again and who thought they'd be THIS popular! Smile
DukeTyrion

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Is it going to be a KO, Group RR, or Full RR?

If it's a full Round Robin, then 20 matches at 3 weeks per round will mean over a year to finish the first season.
nin

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2008 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Gobbos without stars?
Are flings allowed to buy ingredients, or they are wizzard?
 Jump to: