33 coaches online • Server time: 00:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Convince a friend to...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 01:46 Reply with quote Back to top

For me it's useful to put a save just after the initial roll: the gate, nigglers, whater, turn start.

This cause it happens that some people will voluntary disconnect when see that a key player niggles, or just they don't win the toss.
With a save just after the toss, we are sure that no one can be fool us! [just reload the save]

let's think about this Wink
BunnyPuncher

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 04:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd go for this is everyone used the proper settings.. but its unfair to the host if the client hasnt clicked the correct ofab and po options as you cant pick a coin or can not say no to using your apoth.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 13:50 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm against this. After a disconnection, when people reload, it's easy to forget to load the save. This doesn't happen too much but it does happen every once in a while. If the client would save before you could react, it would over-write the save you wanted to load.

--
xJx
asperon

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 14:34 Reply with quote Back to top

BunnyPuncher wrote:
I'd go for this is everyone used the proper settings.. but its unfair to the host if the client hasnt clicked the correct ofab and po options as you cant pick a coin or can not say no to using your apoth.

This problem could be solved if the client just informed us of the settings change in the text window, and not via a popup.
UrienRakarth

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 14:55 Reply with quote Back to top

xJx wrote:
I'm against this. After a disconnection, when people reload, it's easy to forget to load the save. This doesn't happen too much but it does happen every once in a while. If the client would save before you could react, it would over-write the save you wanted to load.

--
xJx

We could try to find a solution to this
SkiJunkie

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2003 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:

This problem could be solved if the client just informed us of the settings change in the text window, and not via a popup.

it was like this before. people complained.

Mirror - http://javabbowl.no-ip.org
Mirror - http://home.austin.rr.com/javabbowl
Sutech

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2003 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

xJx wrote:

If only the .dat is saved after the initial roll, then the .inc would still be possible to load even after that misstake has been made.
alterationX

Post   Posted: Dec 01, 2003 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

please, this would be great, i am getting sick of wood elves teams with connection problems until the tree shows up
 Jump to: