35 coaches online • Server time: 08:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Designer's Comm...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...goto Post Request to Maintain ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
nath284

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 16:46 Reply with quote Back to top

im about to start a new season at my club and i need ideas on how to run it

so far theres 4 players signed up with the chances of another 4 joining too,

so basically i need ideas on a format.

im thinking

pre-season play everyone once(decide if its the team you want to play and allow for a bit of team building).
Regular Season play every player twice.
playoffs for the end of season tourney where the winning 4 teams are put through to a small knockout tourney

and that leads me to another thing, prizes. there will be a small entry fee for the tourney which will cover the cost of some prizes for certain things like

overall winner
highest TD scorer
Highest CAS
highest FF
ect

and i need ideas on what prizes could be given away

i was thinking things like unique block dice or some sideline models

any thoughts

Nath
Calcium

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 17:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Our RL club has 8 commited regular coaches, and we use a 2 division format, 4 teams per div. drawn randomly. Top 2 from each div. goes into the league cup playoffs. We also play the 3 trophies as well, These are drawn so 1st round is against a team from the other league division. It works for us, we are into our 6th season! Whatever you decide, good luck with it!

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I used to run a tt league and I found you have (by and large) 2 types. The very dedicated and the ones you have to make an effort with to turn up. Thus with say 4-8 i found the following works.

2 divisions like you and calcium have, but with a difference.

The first division if say you have 8 players is made of 6 teams, the second has an undetermined ammount. This is to say the other 2 coaches and any extra teams the more dedicated players want to use. With the following rules that a coach cannot have his team promoted if he has a team already in the premier (top division). It works pretty well and makes the league seem larger than it really is.
Deej84

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 18:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Prizes you could opt for (going on the side line model idea) A cheerleader or 2 for the winning team maybe. Thats my contribution Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 10, 2009 - 23:38 Reply with quote Back to top

we use pre-season also but i tend to hold it back to 1 game for all with no lasting cas's.

if you have players that are new to the game try and have shorter seasons, keeps them coming back. when the new guys get left behind they can try again next season.

also try and stay with the rules of the game for the newbies, too much overload or lack of wanting to learn will drive them away.

good luck, have fun

Post   Posted: Mar 31, 2009 - 20:42 Reply with quote Back to top

mabey a trophy or certificate and defo a sodeline model mabey a name in some sort of hall of fame?
 Jump to: