7 coaches online • Server time: 05:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DIBBL Awardsgoto Post Secret Stunty Cup - ...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
[B]ox suited for Lizards?
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 63 ]
No
11%
 11%  [ 13 ]
Ninja's
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Pirates
13%
 13%  [ 15 ]
Pie
12%
 12%  [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 115

XtremeXwing

Post 8 Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 21:53 Reply with quote Back to top

After playing 25 games with "My Lizards" in the box with a win record of 17/6/2 i deemed lizards worthy of the box. But taking 3 Sarus rips in one game forced the team to retirement (and the 2nd loss!) So i thought dont see many lizard teams around il make another just because of what they managed to achieve last time. After a couple of false starts i manged to get another team going but after a good start (unbeated in five) i lose 4 on the bounce. With the frustations of the lizard team i chose to retire them.

Many people may disagree with me but i dont think lizards can cut in in the box with it being cas focused so much and with no dp. (i didnt roll 1 double on a skink out of 24 skill ups, possibly the problem?) u need sarus with block, break tackle, tackle and mb but in the box will rarely get to a second skill. and when ur sarus do get high enough you start to play teams with Blodge everywhere and Chaos teams with Claw/RSC and get picked off easy. Not to mention if you dont have a sure hands skink you just get a dancer come and strip the ball away...

Just wanted to see if anyone had frustations with the Lizards in the Box. Or anywhere else for that matter.

Soul
vanGorn

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Besides that there is no such thing as a "forced retirement", you might be right.

Plorg

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=teams&nav=10&race=10
pythrr

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

lizards rock if if keep them in the right TS range

Post   Posted: Apr 10, 2009 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice record, but I think you made a mistake in retiring them.

Lizards have a bad game now and then, especially when they are unucky enough to lose two or three saurus in a match, but they can be rebuilt quickly enough.

One unlucky game (3 RIPs) does not make a race a poor team, otherwise no-one would ever play Skaven Razz
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 00:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizards _always_ struggle when they lose several sauri. Which can happen far easier than AV9 suggests given sauri tend to stand in tz and will be blocked loads. And yes, if winning games is your main objective other races are likely easier to pull it off with. Doesn't mean the team isn't competitive, though.

-Mnemon

Last edited by Mnemon on %b %11, %2009 - %00:%Apr; edited 1 time in total
XtremeXwing

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

DukeTyrion wrote:
Nice record, but I think you made a mistake in retiring them.

Lizards have a bad game now and then, especially when they are unucky enough to lose two or three saurus in a match, but they can be rebuilt quickly enough.

One unlucky game (3 RIPs) does not make a race a poor team, otherwise no-one would ever play Skaven Razz

I didnt say they were a poor team but in [B] were teams are more suited to "bashing" 3 rips is just around the corner and with the Sarus (and krox to some extent) being the key players skilling them up will be a mega problem. Rebuilding, isnt really suited to [B] and especially Lizardmen, every time i cant field 6 sarus and a krox i have to field a skink in his place. I might possibly get the cash to buy 3 sarus is 4-5 games if i am lucky. But [B] is about winning i would of probably taken some heavy and embarassing defeats. And some skinks would of definitly been taken out on the way.

Pythrr commeted on Lizards playing well in the right TS range. I personally would try to keep them under 150 (for future) reference unless u are skilled on rolling +str / +ag / Doubles on Skinks.
Mnemon

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I've just brought a lizardmen team in [B] that was down to 6 players for some matches back to 11. And all but one Saurus has Block. Rebuilding IS possible. As long as you accept that you'll lose some while you are at it.

-Mnemon
jundru

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 01:01 Reply with quote Back to top

http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=510646

No a very good record, but lot of fun with my lizards, 46 games, and several times 10 players of less in the roster, but hey, in the box that always happend Razz
Frankenstein

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

soultoken wrote:
After playing 25 games with "My Lizards" in the box with a win record of 17/6/2 i deemed lizards worthy of the box. But taking 3 Sarus rips in one game forced the team to retirement (and the 2nd loss!)

Let me get this straight:

You have a 17-6-2 record (by far the best of all teams you ever have played) but lose 3 sauri in one game and by that incident (which occurs to all races in all divisions occasionally) you all of a sudden judge lizards uncompetitve? In a division where you are only scheduled against teams of similar strength, which means that 3 dead sauri are irrelevant anyway?

Erm...Fael?

BiggieB

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

Frankenstein wrote:
soultoken wrote:
After playing 25 games with "My Lizards" in the box with a win record of 17/6/2 i deemed lizards worthy of the box. But taking 3 Sarus rips in one game forced the team to retirement (and the 2nd loss!)

Let me get this straight:

You have a 17-6-2 record (by far the best of all teams you ever have played) but lose 3 sauri in one game and by that incident (which occurs to all races in all divisions occasionally) you all of a sudden judge lizards uncompetitve? In a division where you are only scheduled against teams of similar strength, which means that 3 dead sauri are irrelevant anyway?

Erm...Fael?

jealous? Smile you yeah you! Very Happy

EPIC FALE
Loew

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 03:25 Reply with quote Back to top

3 dead sauri are never irrelevant to a lizard team

- sauri are a nightmare to skill, sauri without skills are almost not worth their money
- missing sauri == more hits on skinks == more players out soon == road to hell starts here

and somehow the scheduler always thinks that khemri teams with only one mummy missing or TS-wise broken races like dwarf and orc are the best recovery matches....

but such extreme losses not withstanding, lizards compete quite well in [b] - in my experience better as in ligues, where most teams progress faster and to higher levels as lizards
CircularLogic

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 08:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizzies really depend on having sauri - way more than orcs depend on having BoBs or Humans depend on having blitzer. You can tolerate up to 2 missing sauri but more and you fall apart soon. This makes you really vulnerable to DP-based teams that usually also have the resources to knock a saurus over with ease.

So I think that Lizzies are one of the tougher races to play in the box. This could be helped, by modifying the stunty skill, so that it lowers the threshold, from which on TS increase is halved from 12 to 7. That way skinks with one or two skills aren`t that horrible overpriced in TS anymore.
Xira_Arien

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 09:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Really sad to hear you give up (if you do). You had a great team, and even when I usually got outplayed and had to rely on luck to possibly beat you, I enjoyed it very much.

To many interesting teams already give up on the Box's destructive environment. I'd hope to see you back, LIzards or other.
TheCetusProject

Post   Posted: Apr 11, 2009 - 11:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Lizardmen do seem to be one of the worst teams for both winning and bashing according to the blackbox tables.
 Jump to: