46 coaches online • Server time: 17:24
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post What To Do In My Tur...goto Post Blood Bowl 2024 Edit...goto Post Why did GW nerf guar...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Emissary

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi folks,

this came up in my last game, and I'm not really sure how to take it. Score was 1-1, but my opponent only had a few players left on the pitch. We had like 2 or 3 turns left each.

Now, one of the players left on his team was a rat ogre, the cause of all of my injuries from the game (including a niggling injury to my only thrower, and another miss next game).

I surrounded him and fouled him to try and get him off the pitch so that he didn't cause any more damage to my players.. seeing as the game was won (i had the ball next to the end zone), i didn't want to lose any more players needlessly.

However, the rat ogre died, and my opponent is really hacked off.

Is this bad form? Have I missed something here?
Oli_B

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You were playing your 6th game against a coach who has played 4514 games.
You won.
The world is now short of one rat ogre.

On balance..... congratulations!
foresttim

Well prepare yourself for some strong answers from both camps Very Happy fouling is one of those subjects that people have very strong views on and for which in most people's view there's no middle ground. The real answer is as long as you're Ok with whichever side of the fence you're on then don't sweat it. You'll always have people for and against you so I wouldn't worry. My own personal view is you did nothing wrong if that makes you feel any better Smile and I'm not a big fouler.

Gritter

You did nothing wrong.

However given your opponant went into the game with not many players and i guess was hoping for a recovery game.... i can see why he might be none too happy.
Melmoth

*splat*
svemole

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:41 Reply with quote Back to top

If your opponent didnt raise him up showing you that he didnt intended to do any more blocks since he lost the game, then I think you played unfriendly but if he keeped blocking with him it was the correct thing to do.
Reisender

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

if it has MB foul it out... most of the times... except you can be sure your oppo wont use ur mercy against you.... i once had an orcplayer whining to spare the rest of his greenskins....

i did...

he the killed my ratogre on a turn 16 foul....
Candlejack

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like i have to get some things straight here... all i objected to was to claim being sorry for the kill after you continously fouled throughout the whole game against a 6 man team

if that is your playstyle, do it.. i don't mind being fouled.. i just mind pathetic excuses..

[plonk]

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:47 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't see a problem here. If it was a LineRat then I doubt there would be a problem, Rogres are expensive, but splat just as easy as other skaven.

My last game was a good example - http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=2675486.

My opponent wanted a "friendly" (League by the way) and said he would leave off the fouling. In the 2nd half however that went to pot when he got the ref. Did I complain when he started decimating my team? No. I just did a T16 foul and SI'd someone. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:55 Reply with quote Back to top

More fouls!

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing with fouling is that there is no real etiquette. You want to foul every turn, go right ahead. Some players are even famous for their heavy fouling. It's a choice everyone has to make for themselves. Just be aware that many players WILL whine if you foul their precious players.

But then again, I foul like once every three games on average and I still get people whining my ears off about it every now and then.
Emissary

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 13:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Well bud, i AM sorry that he got killed.. knocking him out so he didn't cause any more damage would have been fine. The guy caused 5 injuries to my team, and he was the only guy i fouled.

I just wanted to get a handle on what the generally accepted way of playing here is/ I've only played 6 games, I'm here to learn Smile

I see that there seems to be a split though heh, so I guess I'll just play it as I see it.

Thanks for the comments Smile
Grod

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know in general,
But I know one thing for sure.
If your opponent starts whinging,
You need to foul some more.

Oscar Wilde
BiggieB

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Emissary wrote:
Hi folks,

this came up in my last game, and I'm not really sure how to take it. Score was 1-1, but my opponent only had a few players left on the pitch. We had like 2 or 3 turns left each.

Now, one of the players left on his team was a rat ogre, the cause of all of my injuries from the game (including a niggling injury to my only thrower, and another miss next game).

I surrounded him and fouled him to try and get him off the pitch so that he didn't cause any more damage to my players.. seeing as the game was won (i had the ball next to the end zone), i didn't want to lose any more players needlessly.

However, the rat ogre died, and my opponent is really hacked off.

Is this bad form? Have I missed something here?

I would have done the same Smile
torsoboy

Post   Posted: May 17, 2009 - 14:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Good fouling etiquette includes never saying you're sorry for the results of the foul.